PDA

View Full Version : Airbox seal

Chung
August 16th, 2011, 18:41
Is there a trick to getting the airbox to seal correctly? I am getting a MAF code and I am pretty sure it is because my airbox is a little loose. It seems like there should be another bolt on the backside of it or it should snap in.

I just read the spark plug guide and I think I am missing the bolts that attach the left and right side of the airbox... I wonder where those went.

speedtrapped
August 16th, 2011, 19:57
when reinstalling, its tricky, the bottom of the MAF's housing fits snug into the inlets...removing and installing are the same, driverside tilts in 1st, attach maf plug, then drop passenger side attach plug, its tricky, but it should push down into place... if its easy to pull up, then they are not seated, if its slightly hard to hard then there seated... If your O-ring seals are original then they need to be replaced, they do wear over time....and they are NOT cheap.

Chung
August 17th, 2011, 05:16
Thanks for the tips. I may have to try it again (as well as get some bolts for the sides). My seals and sensors were replaced about 30k miles ago but maybe they are due again.