PDA

View Full Version : Tri State Dyno Day!

speedtrapped
August 12th, 2011, 14:24
Well since I couldnt let Josh have all the fun, I have been working on doing a dyno day in NJ. Dion @ Drive Autoworks in Lyndhurst who did my engine swap, has hired a mobile AWD Dynojet for Oct. 14,15,16.
The date is firm, the pricing is being worked out.
Jerry from Eurocharged, as well as his 2 partners will be on site to flash Audi, MB, BMW...
Details to follow......
Also Phil from Detailers Domain will be sponsoring as well.

speedtrapped
August 12th, 2011, 15:49
was ist das??^

RSSIK
August 12th, 2011, 17:14
Im down. I am actually more interested in seeing your car on the dyno than mine as sad as it sounds. when do you think youll have pricing set up by?

speedtrapped
August 12th, 2011, 17:24
Waiting on Dion to finalize some #'s on just dyno cost, ie 3 pulls.....Jerry also will be setting up a pricing sheet, when I get #'s together I will post up. I am very interested as well, since my engine swap, I have been using the original maha dyno sheet w/ current set up. Frankly I dont believe it....car does not "feel" like 620/740 crank...

RSSIK
August 12th, 2011, 17:33
Ok. Sounds great. I cant wait. Im trying to set everything up to have my car tuned and ready to go so i can see my numbers too. I saw the bbs's you put on and might i say they look way better than the BLQ's. I had to stop on my way home the other day to admire it.

speedtrapped
August 12th, 2011, 17:37
was rs in sea bright? or little silver?
I love my new rims!

RSSIK
August 12th, 2011, 17:47
I dont go thru little silver too much. It was actually the same place it was the last time i stalked you. lol. .. right next to the fire hydrant as usual. i feel like a little psycho.

speedtrapped
August 12th, 2011, 18:05
hahaha...glad u appreciate it...I love this car, such a sickness....I have to get over to your store and say hi, just summer time is crazy with 3 young children

ThrillHouse
August 12th, 2011, 18:32
I'll be watching this thread - I already have those days off (for no reason specifically other than to use vacation before it burns)... 4 hours isn't that bad of a road trip!

RSSIK
August 12th, 2011, 18:37
Its a beautiful sight. Everytime I drive mine i fall back in love with it. Sickness is right! Its ok I understand I know how it is. It must be funny for someone that sees me pull up with the exact car to admire yours and take a picture or two of it. Hope you dont mind. Theyre probably like wtf is wrong with this guy. lol. O well. Im always here. Feel free to stop on by whenever.

speedtrapped
August 12th, 2011, 18:51
Thrillhouse..thats great....dynasty23, take a pic anytime. btw, Jerry has a huge following in MB and BMW world, so there will be alot of other germans around that weekend.

RSSIK
August 12th, 2011, 18:57
Thanks i appreciate it. i think i have better pics of your car than i do of mine. lol Good thats great. Im really looking foreward to it. will you be there all 3 days? I probably wont be able to make it until late saturday or sunday because of business.

speedtrapped
August 12th, 2011, 18:58
I will be there 1/2 friday(off) and maybe saturday...this Dion's and Jerry's show

na1mt
August 13th, 2011, 03:56
Maybe I'll bring the NSX up for a dyno run, I should.....I mean better have it back by then....lol....that is if ya don't mind a little rice.

speedtrapped
August 13th, 2011, 04:18
I'm sure dion be happy to take your $, but if your power is as said, I doubt a portable dynojet would be able to handle the power. The ghost car.......

na1mt
August 13th, 2011, 06:20
Well...Bensons told the turbo shop they would be shipping the block back this coming Tuesday. Believe it when I see it...very frustrating. But the dyno should handle it...it just may need to be strapped down a little tighter than yours..hehe

Stephencl
August 13th, 2011, 06:24
Im in for sure!

speedtrapped
August 13th, 2011, 12:49
Nice Stephen.......Ron can u dyne a RWD on an AWD?

na1mt
August 15th, 2011, 07:03
Yes you can

speedtrapped
August 15th, 2011, 11:32
Man u stay up late. I will only say this, depending on interest, and I can tell you that Jerry has big following in MB and BMW, u will have to talk to dion. Only because I really want to keep this Audi , ie German specific....next thing you know Honda civic si will be looking to do pulls....lol. I know your car is diff, but really the days are reserved for tuning and for dion to bring in customers he wouldn't have.

JSRS6
August 15th, 2011, 12:48
If your transmission is slipping, get a new tc. If your tranny is slippin, get shim a pair of these!^^^^ :lovl::lovl::lovl:

speedtrapped
August 15th, 2011, 14:19
No, he is a co sponsor.....every pull gets a free pair of shoes

JSRS6
August 15th, 2011, 14:27
:lovl::lovl::lovl::lovl::lovl:

Erik
August 15th, 2011, 17:17
Spam posts deleted.

Spammers - hate them.

Spent 20 mins deleteing posts and users today, got better things to do. :(

na1mt
August 15th, 2011, 19:51
Ok ok I'll bring the RS6...was hoping to put down 850 wheel with an audience and a for sale sign in the window...lol...in front of people with the money to buy not just drool.

RSSIK
August 17th, 2011, 16:24
Still no news on pricing??

speedtrapped
August 17th, 2011, 16:27
No, Dion is on vacation this week, he failed to mention that to me last week. He has not secured the remote dyno yet.

RSSIK
August 17th, 2011, 16:30
Oh, thats not good. Im really looking forward to it and I know many others are too.

speedtrapped
August 17th, 2011, 16:40
I wouldnt worry about it...if dion doesnt get it done by next week, I have another option close bye

RSSIK
August 17th, 2011, 16:44
I bet you do! Thats great to know. Thanks

ThrillHouse
September 1st, 2011, 14:25
Any update on this?

speedtrapped
September 1st, 2011, 14:29
Well, it looks likely that the day will get pushed out. Dions' shop got flooded bad due to Irene. Turbo Trix is stone walling me on securing their AWD. Sorry about this, but didnt expect his shop to get flooded.

ThrillHouse
September 1st, 2011, 15:16
Yikes - I hadn't even thought about that. I was very luckily not affected other than it screwing with timing of me moving and moving in rain.