PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a lead on good prices for EBC Yellowstuff ?

4everRS
August 12th, 2011, 04:30
Title says it all. I'm shopping for EBC yellow's. Sort of tired of my redstuff melting my rotors and will try the yellow's.

Brav
August 12th, 2011, 20:40
Yea.. who was the person who got us all drinking the Red Stuff Koolaid??

ben916
August 12th, 2011, 22:04
Yea.. who was the person who got us all drinking the Red Stuff Koolaid??

LOL!!!!! too funny!!!

4everRS
August 12th, 2011, 23:31
Well, the reds are probably better than stock. Both seem to damage the rotors after enough use, and in different ways. I want to try out the yellows and see if there is an improvement. I wouldn't mind slightly more dusting if it gets away from the "blueing" of the rotors.

Anyone know of a source?

ben916
August 13th, 2011, 00:00
Parts Bin has:
$153 for EBC Yellows Fronts
$286 for Hawk HP Plus Fronts

hahnmgh63
August 13th, 2011, 04:00
I do like the Yellows, I'm using them on my Turbo S Cayenne and the RS6 but if you want the Hawks check with Pat aka V8Weight I think he was selling them at discounted prices. And yes, the Yellows dust more than the Reds. I would say about half way between stock and the Reds. But they stop better than the Reds and are rated for higher temps.

4everRS
August 13th, 2011, 04:35
Thanks Mark. I will buy from the parts bin in the next day or so. Pat went back to a better job, but doesn't have the ability to get discounted prices anymore.

I think the deal with the reds is the temp rating like you said. It's as though they get too hot and become ineffective. I will post a pic of the blue rotor when I get the new set on. I am hoping that the higher temp rating on the yellows mean that they are better at the high speed braking, and maybe a light track day in my future.