PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question...help me

jgun81
October 6th, 2003, 05:47
Thank all of you for the info about ECU...

Now I decided to get MTM , however I still

can't decide what exhaust I am gonna get...

Because I spent more money on sound enhanced sports

muffler, I am kind of worried if modifying exhaust is

worth spending money...

I know that some of you guys have miltek...and others...

Please let me know if it's worth spending money and

the difference between stock and after it's modified.

Bauer
October 6th, 2003, 06:21
I have the sound enhanching exhaust as well and do not plan to change it out at this point. The HP difference is between 15 to 30 approx. hp depending on which set up you get. I believe you would be able to feel the difference but only slightly from the stock.

Plexus
October 7th, 2003, 11:45
I have the sound enhanced system and went for the ABT chip as it is the only chip warrantied by AUDI. It goes like the wind. Other than a heavily modded Evo 7, I have yet to be beat in a straight line. I had a 3.98 0-60 time a few weeks ago!

Finnus
October 7th, 2003, 16:51
I had a 3.98 0-60 time a few weeks ago!

WOW!!! Impressive. Tell me more. What were the road conditions, was it on a track, how reliable was the timing?

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Plexus
October 7th, 2003, 17:17
On an airfield while a friend of mine was test running his drag bike. Fairly reliable, 15degs, dry, toyos with 18" wheels, 1/4 tank of fuel.

JAXRS6
October 9th, 2003, 04:14
Originally posted by Plexus
I ... went for the ABT chip as it is the only chip warrantied by AUDI.

Being able to get a chip guaranteed by the factory sounds like a dream come true! But Abt is not available in the U.S.; correct? Someone told me a similar product is AMS, but they said it's not the same & I don't know much more.

Can anyone clarify?

Benman
October 9th, 2003, 05:11
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Being able to get a chip guaranteed by the factory sounds like a dream come true! But Abt is not available in the U.S.; correct? Someone told me a similar product is AMS, but they said it's not the same & I don't know much more.

Can anyone clarify?

Abt IS different than AMS (totally different companies). Only the boys on the other side of the pond can get the Abt chip with a warranty backed by Audi. As for us over here in the States, well, not quite. But at least we do get a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty (instead of the 2 year the guys get over in GB).

Come on AOA. Give us the 5 year AND the chip warranty:hihi:

Ben:addict:

JAXRS6
October 9th, 2003, 06:58
Originally posted by Benman
As for us over here in the States, well, not quite. But at least we do get a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty

Who told you the U.S. warranty is five years? I was told four years/50,000 miles.

andyp
October 9th, 2003, 13:37
Just checked Audiusa.com ... it is 4 years/50,000 miles.

Andy

Finnus
October 9th, 2003, 23:09
On an airfield while a friend of mine was test running his drag bike. Fairly reliable, 15degs, dry, toyos with 18" wheels, 1/4 tank of fuel.

Plexus,

Very impressive! That's the first RS6 sub-4 second 0-60 I've heard ...

Finnus
:addict:

Benman
October 10th, 2003, 04:13
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Who told you the U.S. warranty is five years? I was told four years/50,000 miles.

Nobody. I hit the 5 key instead of the 4. Whoops:blush:

Ben:cheers:

Plexus
October 10th, 2003, 08:53
Don't forget we were using a consumer peice of equiptment and with all the will in the world it could be be wrong. Looked great on the day though!

Maybe I can see what it will do at a proper timing one day.

:addict:

Finnus
October 10th, 2003, 12:40
jgun,

Did you checl out Stratmosphere tuning? They're right in your back yard. AvusRS6 had good things to say about them...

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
October 10th, 2003, 19:21
I just got word that Tubi, which makes exhausts for Ferrari/Maseratti/Corvette/NSX, is planning to make an exhaust system for RS6.

I called their US distributor, and here is the lowdown!!!

The fabrication process in Italy is very busy with Ferrari and Maseratti. They also have the Modena racing series coming up if I remember what they mentioned on the phone correctly.
The RS6 along with a couple of other cars, they are considering putting together an exhaust system.

This however is on the back burner for now, but if enough interest is shown, they might speed up the process.

The phone number to contact them: 866.364.5438
The e-mail to contact them: info@mensilift.com
Their website: Tubi Style (http://www.mensilift.com/tubi/whatsnew.htm)

I'd love to see what they are thinking of putting together for our beasts!!!