PDA

View Full Version : LED DRLs on the C5?

kismetcapitan
August 8th, 2011, 01:05
just noticed there are headlight kits that have the LED DRL strips that are on late model VWs and Audis. Has anyone here tried one? Pics?

skribe
August 8th, 2011, 13:09
just noticed there are headlight kits that have the LED DRL strips that are on late model VWs and Audis. Has anyone here tried one? Pics?

puke:

Don't do it

hahnmgh63
August 8th, 2011, 16:06
Don't make the car what it isn't. Keep away from the Korean Depo wannabe lights.

ntrcptr
August 8th, 2011, 16:45
I totally agree. This car is beautiful stock. The lines are simple and subtle yet BRUTE! If you begged to be "looked" at, then put that LED on a CIVIC.:harass::nono::wo:

kismetcapitan
August 8th, 2011, 17:32
I wasn't even considering it; I was just wondering how it looked...guess it's clear why there are no examples!

the C5 RS6 bodywork is seamlessly perfect - not one aero part could possibly be added without ruining the beauty of the car. I will lower the car and add 19" wheels with 275 rubber - 20" wheels are too ghetto for this car.

getting rid of the amber in the headlamps and taillights is also a nice touch. That's really all you can do.

ben916
August 8th, 2011, 18:01
I wasn't even considering it; I was just wondering how it looked...guess it's clear why there are no examples!

the C5 RS6 bodywork is seamlessly perfect - not one aero part could possibly be added without ruining the beauty of the car. I will lower the car and add 19" wheels with 275 rubber - 20" wheels are too ghetto for this car.

getting rid of the amber in the headlamps and taillights is also a nice touch. That's really all you can do.

Pit Viper (on here and also on Audizine) has an A6 2.7t Stage 3 with aftermarket headlights with the LEDs on the lower edge of the headlight unit, some like it some don't...
The only upgrade that I know of is the ones that Nene has on his car (Euro RS6 headlight units) and they are rather pricey at $2200, but then again, OEM is $900 each...

There is a carbon air dam that is WICKED!!! Good luck on finding one as I know of three that are out there, Boosted Bora and Johnnie27 both have them, the other was cracked directly in the middle and he was attempting to sell it... If I can find the link, I will send it to you...

20", if set up correctly, can work but the ride is harsh...

Also, there are some DIY on that other site I mentioned above about how to add a "city light" to the existing headlight housing(IIRC, there is a blank spot there but no opening...)... personally, I wouldn't be drilling into the back of this headlight unit...

Hammer
August 11th, 2011, 05:36
Pit Viper (on here and also on Audizine) has an A6 2.7t Stage 3 with aftermarket headlights with the LEDs on the lower edge of the headlight unit, some like it some don't...
The only upgrade that I know of is the ones that Nene has on his car (Euro RS6 headlight units) and they are rather pricey at $2200, but then again, OEM is $900 each...

There is a carbon air dam that is WICKED!!! Good luck on finding one as I know of three that are out there, Boosted Bora and Johnnie27 both have them, the other was cracked directly in the middle and he was attempting to sell it... If I can find the link, I will send it to you...

20", if set up correctly, can work but the ride is harsh...

Also, there are some DIY on that other site I mentioned above about how to add a "city light" to the existing headlight housing(IIRC, there is a blank spot there but no opening...)... personally, I wouldn't be drilling into the back of this headlight unit...

I'd like to see some pics of what Nene has on his car.....I want the newer LED look on my RS6

4everRS
August 11th, 2011, 13:33
The euro headlights for the c5 rs6 are not led's. They are just a slightly different reflector design. I like them a lot, but not worth 2200 IMO.

I think that a led version of our headlights could be pulled off, but just not the current designs available. It has to be more subtle.

DiscoPotato
August 13th, 2011, 16:44
NO NO NO NO NO

... did I mention NO?

kismetcapitan
August 29th, 2011, 19:55
I just saw pictures of an RS6 in Korea with those Chinese DRL headlamps...I'll post them up in a bit. It's so wrong I don't even know where to begin...

however, what about these taillights (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A6-S6-RS6-C5-4B-LED-Rear-Tail-Lights-Lamp-S-Line-/220755117225?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336607c4a9#ht_3337wt_1041)? The price is right, and I am really digging the look. Much depends on how bright the LEDs actually are however, as well as if the resistors are A: exactly matched so the car's computer doesn't throw a bulb-out code, and B: strong enough to not burn out. Having dealt with LEDs extensively on my BMW motorcycle (which has a CANBUS system like a car), matching resistors and then having them not burn out is a massive headache...