PDA

View Full Version : Audi manual...

mdegracia
August 7th, 2011, 22:30
So I' m looking for a factory manual set for my RS6. It didn't come with one when I got, but for 14k I guess I can't complain! Is the A6 manual close enough, aside from the engine and tranny differences? Also any source other than ebay?

Matt

bmlee007
August 7th, 2011, 23:15
Found this in another thread here a few months ago when I bought my car, just enter info in the boxes and hit search...

https://www.audi.techliterature.com/consumer/ProductSearch.aspx

Brand new owner's manual from Audi for $40, you'll have it in a couple days.

ben916
August 8th, 2011, 03:50
So I' m looking for a factory manual set for my RS6. It didn't come with one when I got, but for 14k I guess I can't complain! Is the A6 manual close enough, aside from the engine and tranny differences? Also any source other than ebay?

Matt

14k??!?!?! is that a typo???

mdegracia
August 8th, 2011, 16:43
Ha! Nope, it's not.

Long story...basically a co-worker has a friend in the pawn business. Took the car in as collateral, guy never came back. Guy, got the title in his name, drove it for a year. Did not take very good care of it, had it broken into ( smashed passenger side window, stole radio) and a bunch CEL codes, he apparently drove over something, since the passenger side air-dam lip has a crack, the front lower rear control arm was shot, and the intercooler hose was dislodged. So all the codes on the passenger side bank were the result of the rich condition from the disconnected intercooler hose, along with horrible performance.

Since owning it for a couple of weeks, i've performed the 55k maintenance (all filters and plugs), replaced the front lower rear control arms, passenger side CV, replaced the factory deck ( 50 bucks for a factory unit from Europaparts.com - total score!), and detailed the crap out of it!

Items to still complete:
tranny filter and fluid change to redline d4
new rotors all around
new tires ( thinking continental DWS - since this is going to be my DD)
Another oil change ( any recommendations?)
a visit from the dent doctor

Wishlist:
I want to replace the typical wear items:
climate control buttons are wearing through
mirror switch has wear ( what models was this specfic switch on? looks different that the typ A6 units)
armrest lid - hinges are broken.

Overall, I love the car, and basically stole it for the price I paid!

speedtrapped
August 8th, 2011, 19:49
thats awesome....$14k and not a salvage is a steal