PDA

View Full Version : Transmission service kits

mdegracia
August 6th, 2011, 13:34
Looking for any recommendations on a filter and gasket(s) kits to flush my transmission fluid to redline d4.

genuinevwaudiparts.com has pretty good prices, but I also saw ECS has a kit ( minus the straner o-ring). However, they do not specify the parts source.

Also, I saw the thread on the DIY to change. Had a question, can the fluid be pumped out the oil cooler line, instead of doing the drain - refill - drive - drain -refill method?

Thanks,
Matt

hahnmgh63
August 6th, 2011, 14:31
I would recommend Genuinevwaudparts.com as their stuff is OEM and I do recommed the Redline D4 too. You can flush the cooler somewhat, I do. I have used compressed air but it is a litlte messy (good thing I did the Epoxy floor paint). I pull the pan and let it drain over night then pull one of the cooler lines and let it drain then blow compressed air throughout and you probably get about 1.5qts from pulling the line and about 1 qt from the compressed air so there is still some oil left in the system (over a qt still in the T.Coverter alone).

Chung
August 6th, 2011, 17:24
Make sure there is enough room between your filter pickup and the transmission pan. I had an issues even with stock filter and pan that the filter pickup was too long starving the transmission. Cutting of about 1/2" solved my problem.