PDA

View Full Version : Final trade in number and comments

2manycars
October 6th, 2003, 00:51
I made a huge mistake last week and traded my RS6 for a MB CLK500 cab. I wanted the newest I guess. Got home and decided this was a nice car, but not nearly large enought for my family and I .

I was given $72,500 in trade on a car with 1500 miles on it. He claims he onluy got $71,000 from the wholesaler for it when all was said and done, but since my dealer offered 72K he went the extra mile.

As the story unfolds, I called the dealer and told him I made a mistake and he agreed to "unwind the deal" on the CLK, but.... stated the RS6 was gone already. I spoke to the Audi dealer who had a white one(yes white he special ordered it to match the track car), it was available, he offered to discount it substantially etc. It was not an option since the MB dealer said he would only take the car back if I got another car from him. I finally took an 03 E55 from him.

My reaction is as follows. The E55 is a totally different car than the RS6 is. The MB has a more refined feel to it, more luxurious, far better sound system, and more up to date. However, the RS6 handles better, is all wheel drive-the MB will be useless in the winter, and overall made me feel more connected with the car.

All that being said, the MB may be a better car for me. My wife loves it, says it is not as "noisy" as the RS6, and feels better to her.

If I could role back time, I would have kept the RS6, saved the 12K I lost on the , and been much happier.

Sorry for the long post, but

eph94
October 6th, 2003, 01:11
I'm beginning to understand why you chose the screen name "2manycars". Guess we'll be seeing you on the E60 M5 board in a couple of years when you trade-in the E55. :cheers:

Boy, I wish I had that kind of scratch to finance such car-buying indecisiveness!!

2manycars
October 6th, 2003, 01:26
My problem is I get bored very quickly. I suppos eit is like an alcoholic who needs just one more drink (no Im am not making light of that), and yes it is a very expensive and bad habit. If the market starts returning over 20% again maybe it will be less painful again

Probably not the M5 I don't enjoy a true manual anymore and unless it offers a true auto I wouldnt want one ( I had an M3 with SMG and it never felt quite right to my wofe or I).

The RS6 may have come close to the perfect car. Maybe the E55 wil feel the same way once I get used to it.

Finnus
October 6th, 2003, 22:37
The RS6 may have come close to the perfect car. Maybe the E55 wil feel the same way once I get used to it.

2many,

Maybe the only thing worse than buyer's remorse is seller's remorse ... Sorry to hear about your decision, although I don't think you can do too badly with the E55.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Bauer
October 7th, 2003, 01:51
2manycars,

Sorry to hear about the trade in extravaganza you went through only to wish to undo. I am sure the E55 will be a great car as all of these cars are, just in different ways. Enjoy your new ride:incar:

2manycars
October 8th, 2003, 20:57
I like the E55, my wife loves it. I loved the RS6, my wife liked it. Oh well, the audi dealer has already called to tell me he has a special order white RS6 at the delership now if I am interested. If I hadn't already lost 15K on the RS6, I stupidly traded, with a good chance of doing the same with the E55, I sure woul dbe tempted (but a white RS6? The dealer odered it as an "extra" car because it was the same color as the official cars they race).

I may still be back-unless my wife has anything to to with it.

"Act in haste, repent in leisure"-I do hate cliches'

eph94
October 8th, 2003, 21:45
Originally posted by 2manycars
I like the E55, my wife loves it. I loved the RS6, my wife liked it.... I may still be back-unless my wife has anything to to with it.

"Act in haste, repent in leisure"-I do hate cliches'

I don't know about you, but if I was forced into an E55 instead of an RS6, I wouldn't complain. Sure, I'd miss the AWD of the RS6, but having another stealthy Autobahn burner with a low twelve second quarter mile... JEEE ZUS... that sure would help to ease my "pain"!