PDA

View Full Version : RS6 for sale?

V8weight
August 4th, 2011, 04:22
I think I may be ready to put the beast up for sale. 95k miles on it as of right now, Avus silver with silver interior, carbon fiber and warm weather package. Lubro Moly oil changes every 5k miles, trans fluid changed every 20k and 95k mile service just completed.

List of repairs and preventative maintenance in the last 30k:
Torque converter
Primary O2's
Secondary O2's
EGT sensors
OEM downpipes
N75 valve
Mass airflow sensors
MAF seals
Injector O-rings
Drivers door latch assy.
Diverter valves
crankcase vent valves
PVC valve
Radiator
Climate control unit
Blower motor
N80 valve
After run coolant pump
Front and rear brake rotors and Hawk pads
Alternator
Fuel pressure regulator
Coil packs
Timing belt, water pump, rollers and serp belt
Upper control arms, sway bar links
Coolant temp sensor
Windshield water deflector
Wiper blades

List of modifications:
KW V3's
Hotchkis sway bars
Forge diverter valves
Hawk HPS brake pads
ECS stainless brake lines
Motul RBF600 brake fluid
Venair boost hoses
Silicone vacuum lines
Euro tail lamps
Full catless downpipes
Apikol rear differential mount
Sterns race motor mounts
Eisenmann race exhaust
Viper ECU and TCU chip
DPE S20 19x9.5 wheels
Hankook Ventus V12 275/30R19
Clear cornered headlamps
Sportech cooling mod
Dice Ipod integration
3M Ceramic tint

I'm sure I'm forgetting something....but looking to get $28k. If this seems like too much, then buy a lower mileage car and exercise all these demons yourself. This is a very well sorted car, and needs nothing (other than a front bumper respray, which can be done by request). I also have the OEM wheels with Pirelli wintersport 240"s mounted, although the car rarely saw snow.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/007-20.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/rawAZB_2707.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/002-24.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/006-19.jpg

JSRS6
August 4th, 2011, 04:34
Pat, you know you will regret it. Just sayin...

4everRS
August 4th, 2011, 04:42
I have an odd numb feeling about this. Whoever gets this car will be very happy for a long time. Pat, don't forget the uninstalled meth kit on your list!

ben916
August 4th, 2011, 04:43
what the HELL?!?!?!

V8weight
August 4th, 2011, 05:14
Well, I don't have the tools to do the next timing belt service, so I might as well ditch the car....

Jimmy Joe
August 4th, 2011, 05:22
With what are you going to fill the void, if you don't mind my asking?

V8weight
August 4th, 2011, 05:30
With what are you going to fill the void, if you don't mind my asking?
No idea...I'm kind of burned out on cars in general. I don't have the time or desire to hide out in the garage for days on end and maintain this type of car anymore. I just want something normal....with a warranty.

Jimmy Joe
August 4th, 2011, 05:40
They call that combat fatigue. It'll come to pass, but I kind of symphatize with you. We'll miss your expertise, but I hope you donīt forget your friends on the forum. Many thanks for your invaluable help all this time.

V8weight
August 4th, 2011, 05:45
They call that combat fatigue. It'll come to pass, but I kind of symphatize with you. We'll miss your expertise, but I hope you donīt forget your friends on the forum. Many thanks for your invaluable help all this time.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Hammer
August 4th, 2011, 06:37
Well Pat,

I'm new here but wanted to encourage you regarding your car. You have made a beauty and it is obvious that you enjoyed yourself in the process.
Would hate to see you sell this because you don't have the proper tools for a procedure. I just got mine and personally don't think I'll ever part with it.

Rick

marklar182
August 4th, 2011, 10:28
Well, I don't have the tools to do the next timing belt service, so I might as well ditch the car....

Did your set go missing? I know you were lending them out at one point......

ttboost
August 4th, 2011, 12:10
Another one finally came to his senses....

V8weight
August 4th, 2011, 12:54
Did your set go missing? I know you were lending them out at one point......
It was just a jab :) They were lost in the mail the last time I lent them out..

marklar182
August 4th, 2011, 13:03
It was just a jab :) They were lost in the mail the last time I lent them out..

That blows. USPS at it's finest!

JRS-RS6
August 4th, 2011, 13:34
I have been off of the forum for quite some time, just stopped in to see this. Will really be sorry to see you go Pat.

JSRS6
August 4th, 2011, 13:35

Oh, haha. Ive been on ups about that. Ill call again today.

kevin
August 4th, 2011, 13:56

you can borrow mine!!!

JT
August 4th, 2011, 15:33
Wow - beautiful car!

vitalian
August 4th, 2011, 15:50
what the HELL?!?!?!

I'm with Ben! Say it ain't so!

kismetcapitan
August 4th, 2011, 17:27
No idea...I'm kind of burned out on cars in general. I don't have the time or desire to hide out in the garage for days on end and maintain this type of car anymore. I just want something normal....with a warranty.

lol...that's the exact reason I moved TO an RS6...I know it's still work, but compared to the upkeep on a Skyline...

but I do understand the "combat fatigue"...I got into a street fight with a Porsche 997TT and switched to high boost, then forgot to switch back. A few days later, I popped an intercooler pipe giving it the beans on an offramp, and of course it had to be the one behind the bumper and not in the engine bay. If you can get both hands on a Skyline intercooler pipe, fitting it back into the coupling takes 2 minutes and maybe 2-3 more to screw the clamp back on. Lying on the shoulder of the road with one hand shoved into a brake cooling duct and a flashlight in my mouth, doing everything with one hand - an hour. Said a lot of bad words in that hour...

vr430
August 4th, 2011, 21:57
Dude! Just stop modding and start enjoying.

V8weight
August 4th, 2011, 22:07
Dude! Just stop modding and start enjoying.
Hey there! I got your PM, been pretty swamped lately. I'd like to grab a beer sometime.

ben916
August 4th, 2011, 23:57
screw it!
THREAD JACK!!!

2003 Avus Silver RS6 Ebony interior with Carbon, Hankooks, 50k miles, 1.5yr on warranty, suspension is shot, comes with 2 pink car seats and the warm weather package and some brake dust... $28k and 1/4 gl of Aces IV left... oh and an oil change today at PureMS...

j/k

4everRS
August 5th, 2011, 00:03
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/Hijack-In_progress.jpg

speedtrapped
August 5th, 2011, 05:18
Pat, f#ck that.... U know u will regret, so unless u need$, skip the bs and enjoy my friend.

DHall1
August 5th, 2011, 05:30
I resemble this picture.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/Hijack-In_progress.jpg

ttboost
August 5th, 2011, 11:54
I resemble this picture.

The dude with the pink shirt, or the one taking a dump in his jeans...?

Pit Viper
August 5th, 2011, 14:56
Can you drive over to Hutchinson and give my wife a ride, so when I fly up next week I can buy your car and drive it home? :)

vr430
August 5th, 2011, 15:36
Hey there! I got your PM, been pretty swamped lately. I'd like to grab a beer sometime.

Join the club. My head is so far below the waterline I think I am starting to grow gills! Sunday will work great.

Chung
August 5th, 2011, 17:23
Lol, give your wife a ride...

There is my contribution to the tread jack and I apologize for being immature.

MaxRS6
August 6th, 2011, 00:36
The RS6 world wouldn't be the same without ya...

nene
August 6th, 2011, 03:48
Beautiful car. Sorry to see you'll have to get rid of it.
I always take a break between mods so I get to the enjoy it. You have to pace yourself. So much can be done on these beasts.

Good luck.

Benman
August 6th, 2011, 04:26

^^This.^^

Everyone does.

skribe
August 6th, 2011, 05:28
Oh fuck this. This is the worst thing I've read in a week of reading bad things. This is like finding out rocket was a roid monkey. That Santa drinks pepsi. That Fabio wears a wig. This just sucks. Facepalm, headslap, oops I just shit myself.

speedtrapped
August 7th, 2011, 01:04
^^^^, Pat how many guys have come back to this site after they sold their beast and shared their regret with everyone.

ttboost
August 7th, 2011, 01:30
Wait...Santa drinks what?

eurotunedrs6
August 8th, 2011, 06:47
Wow, you are one of the guys that seems more equipped to keep the RS6 forever since you know how to do so much work on them.

Ive come to my senses and decided to keep mine with the hopes of going 6 speed one day. If you really do decide to sell your car, good luck. Im sure you will find a buyer pretty quickly since your car is in such great condition.

V8weight
August 12th, 2011, 05:20
Bump.....My car is currently at the Audi dealer having the fuel tank replaced under the recall action. When it's finished, I plan on leaving it there and driving away with something else. I'd prefer to see the car go to an enthusiast, so if you have any interest now is the time.

ben916
August 12th, 2011, 05:34
Bump.....My car is currently at the Audi dealer having the fuel tank replaced under the recall action. When it's finished, I plan on leaving it there and driving away with something else. I'd prefer to see the car go to an enthusiast, so if you have any interest now is the time.

damn it, pat!!!!

Any plucking of parts?

MaxRS6
August 12th, 2011, 08:33
:(- Bummer- I hate to see ya jump the train but I wish you the best of luck!

ttboost
August 12th, 2011, 11:45
quitter...

lswing
August 13th, 2011, 08:02
Too bad, I just joined, and it's a high powered picky car, but older. I drop a few $k here and there but it's still nowhere near buying a BMW or Amg and still shelling out. Might be one of the best cars I've been able to drive, although the low speed shudder as I turn out of my driveway pisses me off:)

vodeftones
August 13th, 2011, 18:47
Pat are you wrenching now or still the service manager? Is the car at Maplewood or Carousel? I know what you mean about getting burned out though. I work on so many other peoples cars the last thing i want to do at night is stay late and work on my car.

V8weight
August 13th, 2011, 20:45
Pat are you wrenching now or still the service manager? Is the car at Maplewood or Carousel? I know what you mean about getting burned out though. I work on so many other peoples cars the last thing i want to do at night is stay late and work on my car.
I left auto edge a month ago and went back to wrenching. The cars sitting at carousel right now.

na1mt
August 14th, 2011, 02:35
Any chance of trading factory SE exhaust plus cash before she goes....maximize your return

ben916
August 14th, 2011, 06:06
Any chance of trading factory SE exhaust plus cash before she goes....maximize your return

He has Eisenmann race exhaust...

na1mt
August 14th, 2011, 09:40
Didn't type right. My SE exhaust + cash for his Eisenmann

RSSIK
August 15th, 2011, 18:29
Dont mean to get too personal but being your car is upgraded in more ways than one, what is the dealership willing to give you for it as a trade?

snoopra
August 16th, 2011, 01:55
Pat, you'll regret it for sure. Getting a S8? CTS-V?
Don't do it! LOL
Might as well get rid of ALL those great tools in the garage, I have a great home for them.

V8weight
August 22nd, 2011, 03:44
The car is sold guys...I appreciate all of the positive comments. The new owner is registered here, hopefully you can give him some direction in the future, although I can't imagine there's anything left to do on this car. Cheers!

covertw12
August 22nd, 2011, 15:46
Congrats on the sale - I'm sure it's bittersweet ( I know mine will be...) and thanks for all the info you've shared. What's going to replace it ?

Cheers ~

E

skribe
August 23rd, 2011, 00:40
Yeah, Pat, don't make me pick up the phone. What's the story?

V8weight
August 23rd, 2011, 01:31
Yeah, Pat, don't make me pick up the phone. What's the story?
Hahaha, It's long....Short story...I've blown my car fuse. All three of my cars are on the chopping block.

DHall1
August 23rd, 2011, 02:20
Yeah,

25% of the cars on the road dont have car insurance. Yet, I have 5 that mostly stay parked and I pay for all the deadbeats. It gets old.

Hell, 50% of the mortgages in FL are in default....again, who pays bills anymore.

eurotunedrs6
August 25th, 2011, 17:30
Hmm, for a second I was thinking you were going to get a TTRS that comes with a warranty like you wanted. I dont post a lot, but I have appreciated all the help you always give and the good deal on the timing belt kit too!!

ben916
August 25th, 2011, 18:39
The car is sold guys...I appreciate all of the positive comments. The new owner is registered here, hopefully you can give him some direction in the future, although I can't imagine there's anything left to do on this car. Cheers!

Can I suggest Pat's traveling timing belt service as a company?
Peeps pay for your plane ticket.
You bring the tools and your mad wicked skills.
Peeps set a time, place for timing belt fever.
You do your thing(s).
You get some $$$$ (even though the US dollar is on a rollercoaster)
You get a vacation.
EDIT: and a case or three of beer of choice but NO Mexico...

I am willing to bet that this new venture will perhaps take place and/or start in December or January - San Diego, Orange County or Casa Grande are nice and sunny during those times...

DHall1
August 27th, 2011, 06:23
sniff, sniff...there goes another RS6

Yeah, the dates need to be Jan/Feb. Its so friggin hot here we cant even get 6am tee times with temps under 100. Its a real pisser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZG-VvlErJY

FlyFisherAJC
August 27th, 2011, 16:48

4 days seems to be the max these cars are up for sale. gottabe quick. especially when they are a premo specimen like this one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

kismetcapitan
August 28th, 2011, 06:50
there's an RS6 on a used car lot here in Nashville that's been here awhile, relatively speaking. It's Daytona Grey and beautiful, but I decided to buy mine from a hardcore enthusiast where I knew it would have been very well kept after.

RS-spec Audis are still a rare breed in the USA; I'd like to think that won't change, but I have a feeling that the special care and significance of the RS badge is going to be diluted - the TTRS and RS3 being built on regular production lines, plus the fact that Audi is doing more than one RS at the same time...one would hope that the RS badge won't go the way of the M badge or AMG badge, but I suspect it will.