PDA

View Full Version : I got one!!!!!

Jimkrell
August 4th, 2011, 03:30
Greetings to all. I'm pleased to report purchase of my very own beast. She is black pearl with silver interior and is a bone-stock car from CA. That, however, will change.

I plan to do the MTM TCU upgrade as soon as I can be without the car for a few days, and have already ordered the Eurocharged Stage 2 tune with EuroTuner 2.0. I also had the windows tinted to 25% all around (looks awesome on a black car!), and plan to do LED tails soon as well.

In case anyone is interested, Jerry at Eurocharged hooked me up with what seemed like a really good deal on the tune. $750 for the Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes (stage 2 customized for my car, climate, etc.), along with the EuroTuner. Those items are over $1k separately, so it seemed like a great deal, plus the EuroTuner holds the factory program as well, so you can switch back to stock tune if necessary. I also have a dyno sheet from the tuning event they did in D.C. with the before and after for both Stage 1 and Stage 2. Needless to say, I can't wait for that damn package to arrive!

I have put a few hundred miles on the beast during a trip to Seattle the last couple of days, and I have to say that I have never experienced a car like this before. I had an '08 BMW 550i prior to this, and there is simply no comparison in terms of stability, power, sound, anything - you name it, these cars are the bomb!

You all know this, of course, so forgive the giddy ramblings of a first time RS6 (and first-time Audi) owner. I think Erich (covertw12) said it best: the grin never gets old!

VIN: 905623

I know there are several great RS6 people in the Seattle area, and iswing is down in Eugene (Go Ducks!), but are there any of the faithful here in Portland?

Thanks to you all for the wealth of information and humor you all provide on a regular basis. It certainly affirms that there are good people who love these cars, whom I can learn a great deal from.

4everRS
August 4th, 2011, 03:38
Congrats on the purchase and if you think a stock beast is great, you'll think a tuned one is a big bucket of awesomeness.

lswing
August 4th, 2011, 03:49
Hey, welcome! There's someone else in pdx with a silver, forget the name. We should all hookup for a drive. My tuning advice, be cautious, the torque converter likes to fail in these with stock power. I'm running a revo stage 1 at about 515 with a rebuilt TC. Also, have Hoppen put the Mtm chip in, my mech fried my tcu when he tried. Anyhow, love the car!

JSRS6
August 4th, 2011, 04:43
Congrats on the purchase and if you think a stock beast is great, you'll think a tuned one is a big bucket of awesomeness.

Haha Kyle, that's why I changed my sig...

Hammer
August 4th, 2011, 06:46
Congrats...I just got mine as well. I had a 2003 Volkswagon W8 a few years back that I really liked.... manual 6 speed with about 290 hp.
Always wanted more power with that car, however I loved the handling and quality. I knew that the passat and A6 were the same b5 platform and found an A6 for sale locally a year ago. I liked the car but it was a bit rough so when I started researching the Audi A6, I discovered the 2003 RS6 and new that was exactly what I had been looking for. So glad I got it.

Jimkrell
August 4th, 2011, 07:49
I saw that you are a new owner as well. Congrats to you, too! This is my first VAG car, but having owned this and a fairly upper-end BMW, I'm now an Audi convert. Strangely, I discovered these by looking at newer S6's with the V10, ran across an RS6 for sale locally which started me thinking, then some research stoked the fires a bit more, and now I have one in the garage with more hp on the way. It's always a fun journey to find a beloved car, but I really can't imagine what could come after this, other than a newer version of the same if such a thing were to exist in the US. Enjoy yours!

Jimkrell
August 4th, 2011, 07:58
I'm game for a drive. I seem to enjoy driving everywhere lately for some reason....

speedtrapped
August 4th, 2011, 11:40
Welcome and congrats.....the mod/ tune is crack addictive, have fun.....
Btw, WDE.....

vitalian
August 4th, 2011, 15:48
Congrats and welcome!:addict:

repda503
October 27th, 2011, 06:06
Hey, welcome! There's someone else in pdx with a silver, forget the name. We should all hookup for a drive. My tuning advice, be cautious, the torque converter likes to fail in these with stock power. I'm running a revo stage 1 at about 515 with a rebuilt TC. Also, have Hoppen put the Mtm chip in, my mech fried my tcu when he tried. Anyhow, love the car!

JimKrell and lswing I also live in pdx with the silver. I am a newer RS6 owner as well. Got the beast back in September and now I'm looking at tuning this thing. I have seen some of the recent threads on tuners and honestly my head is already spinning. I am a complete newbie just trying to learn all the things I can do to this car so any help would be appreciated. What are the differences between tuners (REVO, Viper, Eurocharged, MTM)? I heard hillside imports does the REVO tune. I've tried contacting Hoppen for the MTM TCU tune with no response yet. I'm a relatively busy guy so I would rather get a tune I can just set and forget without having to constantly tweak.

Oh and I would totally be down to ride with you guys around here

kismetcapitan
October 27th, 2011, 06:38
I don't know if there are truly significant differences between the different tunes, but Eurocharged's service is hard to beat. I got upgraded to Stage 2 a couple weeks ago and it adds some nice kick at the top end compared with Stage 1. Not being legally restricted with tint, I went with 18%. I do wish I'd done 18% with some percentage of reflectivity as well, but the full window blackout effect looks wonderful.

I saw the flashing process. Doing Audi's isn't easy, as the ECU shuts down after a few seconds to try to protect against reflashing. Jake@Eurocharged wrote the Stage 2 to my car in about seven "chunks". I'm not sure how easy this would be with a personal ECU flash unit.

Transmission mods will help immensely; I am VERY fortunate that the previous owner had done the Level 10 valve body mod. More could be done, but it's certainly an improvement in terms of peace of mind compared with a bone-stock transmission.

Jimkrell
October 27th, 2011, 06:42
Repda503 - I was very pleased with the Eurocharged tune. I did it myself with the EuroTuner and it was a snap (mostly). I sent my TCU off to Hoppen this morning for the MTM upgrade and should have that back in a couple of days. Happy to meet up some time to discuss and yes, to drive!

Did you purchase the silver RS6 from Sunset Audi? (I drove that one during the summer, but can't remember when it was sold.)

MaxRS6
October 27th, 2011, 18:38
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

lswing
October 28th, 2011, 03:30
JimKrell and lswing I also live in pdx with the silver. I am a newer RS6 owner as well. Got the beast back in September and now I'm looking at tuning this thing. I have seen some of the recent threads on tuners and honestly my head is already spinning. I am a complete newbie just trying to learn all the things I can do to this car so any help would be appreciated. What are the differences between tuners (REVO, Viper, Eurocharged, MTM)? I heard hillside imports does the REVO tune. I've tried contacting Hoppen for the MTM TCU tune with no response yet. I'm a relatively busy guy so I would rather get a tune I can just set and forget without having to constantly tweak.

Oh and I would totally be down to ride with you guys around here

Good to hear from you again. Jim and I have been chatting about the cars and getting together for an Oregon meet. I've got the REVO tune, done by Hillside, and something is off with it on the very top end. I've not been able to log data though due to some connection error from my laptops, so don't know what the real problem is. I think they've got the boost turned up too high for the configuration of the car. Could be a lot of things. It is way the hell faster than a stock one I drove though, so it's certainly a big boost. Sealing up my IC's for leaks on Monday to see if that helps. Aces4 has helped a touch, but I need more fuel in the top end I think...

From all I have read on here I would lean towards the Euro if you don't mind dropping the cash for their flashing device also. Viper sounds good too. The MTM reset stuff is unsettling...

Cheers and let's get together for a drive and beer one of these days.

4everRS
October 28th, 2011, 03:55
MAX!! It's been too long since I've seen Ozzy. Made my day.

Chung
October 28th, 2011, 05:40
Congrats on the purchase. Cruzanrs6 is also in the Portland area and I tend to go to Tigard about once a month.

lswing
October 28th, 2011, 06:10
Congrats on the purchase. Cruzanrs6 is also in the Portland area and I tend to go to Tigard about once a month.

That would make 5, let's hook it up one of these cold winter weekends...