PDA

View Full Version : Front LH Wheel Grinding

Holiday
August 3rd, 2011, 14:18
Fellas,

Hoping one of you can point me in the right direction on a recent issue with my car. Recently started experiencing a 1-per wheel revolution grinding noise, coming from my front left wheel. It's minimal when making left turns, but steady with any other wheel position.
In the last year, I've found a lot of braking oscillation after installing EBC Red's. Seems as though the pad is of a much harder compound than the oem's, and cuts into the rotors like butter. Could the two be related?

Normally, I'd just take it into the dealer, but sadly- the nearest one is 1.5 hrs out! Thanks in advance.

hahnmgh63
August 3rd, 2011, 17:12
May seem like a silly suggestion but any chance somebody who installed your brake pads bent the rotor backing plates and it rubs? They can make a real serious noise when they touch the rotor. And it can be a pulsating sound at times as the rotors runout after mounting to the hubs are rarely perfect.

Holiday
August 4th, 2011, 01:42
May seem like a silly suggestion but any chance somebody who installed your brake pads bent the rotor backing plates and it rubs? They can make a real serious noise when they touch the rotor. And it can be a pulsating sound at times as the rotors runout after mounting to the hubs are rarely perfect.

Don't think so- the rubbing noise is solid friction, and it only began a week ago. The rotors and pads were installed new over a year ago. Regardless, I'll look into it. Any more ideas?
Thanks Hahn!

V8weight
August 4th, 2011, 03:28
Sounds like a bad wheel bearing?

Holiday
August 5th, 2011, 20:00
Sounds like a bad wheel bearing?

I'm almost positive that's what it is. Taking it to the dealer today. Suppose it would make sense to replace all 4 if one of them is starting to go bad. Sound logic Pat?

V8weight
August 5th, 2011, 20:28
I'm almost positive that's what it is. Taking it to the dealer today. Suppose it would make sense to replace all 4 if one of them is starting to go bad. Sound logic Pat?
That's up to you, it's a lot of labor to replace all four wheel bearings. I personally would just replace the bad one.....there's no labor overlap to do them all at once.