PDA

View Full Version : who's done big power RS6s in the States?

kismetcapitan
August 1st, 2011, 16:39
just out of idle curiosity, I'm wondering what the limits people have found for the stock internals, both in terms of boost (thinking of the piston ringlands), as well as bumping up the rev limiter, and if that gains anything.

and from what I've read, people seem to say that about 500-550bhp is what the stock transmission can take. If anyone's done an 800bhp RS6, how did they get around the transmission problem (other than a manual conversion)?

just wondering because I've generally aimed for 200bhp/liter in Japanese turbo engine builds as a reasonable compromise between power and turbo lag, as well as retaining some reliability...but that would mean 840bhp out of this Audi...

speedtrapped
August 1st, 2011, 17:18
well, I can comment partially, fully in a month....I came across a 53k RS6 that was in a passenger side wreck, basically tore the whole side off car. Engine/tranny undamaged. The PO had installed a DBR stage 3 kit...Hybrid KKK turbos(dahlback does not share the sizes turbine/compressor, or WG spring rate), but turbine housing from what I know is 5mm bigger as the compressor housing is polished.ported, and WG are stronger, DBR 3' straightpipe into 100 cell cats, into milltek....750hp rated DBR(bosch) fuel pump, 5 bar dbr FPR, i ditched CAI, and kept stock....tranny is a level 10 custom w/ level10 TC, able to handle 800hp(i have not tested)....my car also has stage3 snow meth kit...all of that said, the injectors are stock!, PO didnt u/g to dbr, so I ofcourse am running 94% Duty cycle......so what I meant by know for sure in month, the car is going to EPL in early sept, custom tune and larger injectors, I should make well over 600hp crank.....the current set up maha'ed dyno, 630/740 crank.....but I do NOT want to grenade my engine with undersized injectors