PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

Chung
August 1st, 2011, 15:38
I took the beast on a 600 mile road trip on Saturday to pick up my friend's new CTS-V. We started off in Seattle, went to Pasco, to Portland and then back to Seattle. The Beast was fine until Pasco where my A/C started acting up again (I am probably going to end up buying my car twice for A/C).

Other than my A/C problem I was able to hold my own with the CTS but it was clearly the faster car. After driving both of them it was amazing how on paper the numbers are similar but they are two completely different cars to drive. Overall I am still a turbo fan but was jealous of work A/C and cooled seats (it was over 100 degrees).

ben916
August 1st, 2011, 17:36
Ah the CTS-V vs RS6 battle once again dons the gauntlets and attempts to pound each other into dust...

The beast doesn't like the heat - heat soak...
But it that A/C is your only problem, you have it made!

Ass cooled seats?!?!?! If you have time to worry about your ass being cool enough, you aren't driving fast enough ;)

Oh and to settle this CTS-V vs RS6 battle - add rain = GAME OVER

Chung
August 1st, 2011, 17:53
It never rains in seatle.

The ac annoys me because I keep taking it in and they tell me it is something new.

4everRS
August 1st, 2011, 18:05
Did they replace the compressor? condenser?
It never rains in seatle.

The ac annoys me because I keep taking it in and they tell me it is something new.

ThrillHouse
August 1st, 2011, 18:26
Good comparison but different animals of course. I like my AWD though! Hopefully you get your AC straightened out.

Cooled seats - Given some time I hope to tap into the rear vent and duct to the seat... Even if its not perforated in such a way that you actually get a breeze across the grundle area of the occupant; the seat itself will certainly be cooler. Maybe direct toward the lower back where the upper and lower portion of the seats come together? Can easily have an open/close for that duct alongside simply closing the rear vents and forcing the air to reroute to the seats.

speedtrapped
August 1st, 2011, 19:25
I own both, sadly my CTS-V wagon has been at body shop for month(rear quarter panel had to come from GM, took forever)....I have fallen in love with my caddy, its a wagon, non really around, its fast, the interior is very nice(yes the recaros are awesome-cool butt and all), its suspension is tight, drives/handles great...lets put it this way, my RS6 is my wife, the CTS-V is my "goumad"....

Brav
August 1st, 2011, 19:47
What problems are you having with your AC? I have been having intermittent problems with mine. Sometimes its ice cold, other times barely cooler than ambient. It seems to me that on cold start, it will be fine. Then after driving on a hot day and shutting it off and restarting it an hour or two later, it won't work very well until it sits and completely cools off.. I cant figure out what would cause that.

vitalian
August 1st, 2011, 21:26
I'm with Ben -- given how it "never" rains in Seattle (he he), I'll take the RS6 over the CTS-V any old day!

I think the A/C in the RS6 has a mind of its own. I have the same issues as Brav -- icy cold one day, seems to be hardly working the next. On the other hand, given all the other things that could go wrong, I'll take A/C problems over just about anything else and count myself lucky!

I'm totally down with heated seats, but cooled seats? Having such a feature never would have occurred to me, since it only gets hot enough here on about 3 days a year (if that) to even make such a feature worthwhile. (Of course, if I had an immature sense of humor and a potty mouth, I would now be making some crack about how my a$$ is so hot that I need the cooled seats anyway...but just I'm not that kind of gal.:))

Chung
August 1st, 2011, 22:23
My ac will be on for about half an hour then the econ light will come on and it will not reengage. I have replaced the compressor, expansion something and the high pressure switch. it was a combination of heat and all of the money/time spent on the ac that annoys me.

I like both the rs6 and the cts-v. Glad my friend bought one for me to use every now and then.