PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Manifold- Part Number

MaxRS6
July 27th, 2011, 22:54
Can somone provide me the part numbers for the right & left exhaust manifolds?

TIA

ben916
July 27th, 2011, 23:06
Left - 077 253 033 AA
Right - 077 253 034 AA

MaxRS6
July 27th, 2011, 23:07
Wowza- you are vedy fast and thanks Ben!

ben916
July 27th, 2011, 23:08
Welcome, young Max!

DHall1
July 28th, 2011, 03:39
819ea at Genuine

MaxRS6
July 28th, 2011, 03:56
Well- the engine yank is about to begin to put eyeballs on the manifolds and the turbo. If the manifolds do need to be replaced..I'm considering having them coated like Hahn suggested at Performance coatings- Seems like a good idea. I assume if my current ones are the source of the metal parts, it best to just replace both sides with new ones while I'm at it. 50% off sale thank you Uncle Sam..;)

Any input thoughts from the Brain Trust on the Performance coatings??

4everRS
July 28th, 2011, 04:14
Well- the engine yank is about to begin to put eyeballs on the manifolds and the turbo. If the manifolds do need to be replaced..I'm considering having them coated like Hahn suggested at Performance coatings- Seems like a good idea. I assume if my current ones are the source of the metal parts, it best to just replace both sides with new ones while I'm at it. 50% off sale thank you Uncle Sam..;)

Any input thoughts from the Brain Trust on the Performance coatings??I am an advocate of these coatings. I know performance coatings have been around for a long time, and as far as I know they are well respected in the classic car market. Ceramic coatings are a great addition to high temp parts. Much safer than using wraps too. I once saw a nova or chevelle, can't remember, burn to the ground after his oil soaked header wrap caught fire.

s42ski
July 28th, 2011, 05:10
Max, have them show you the exhaust manifold gaskets when they pull it apart again:w: - they are metal matrix usually and I have seen them disintegrate if they are installed improperly.

I asked a metallurgist at my work about flaking off a bits and he thought it was unlikely - particularly on a moderate mileage car.

MaxRS6
July 28th, 2011, 05:14
Thanks s42ski!- I will certainly ask for it. I hope to be there when the engine is lowered out. Thanks for asking around for me and providing the information.

DHall1
July 28th, 2011, 05:23
Mad max has nearly 150k on his car and we all know the right foot is normally planted to the carpet 98% of the time. He runs the fine APR tune and tracks the car at near extreme levels.

If anyone could crack/split/chip off chunks of the exhaust manifold...it would be Randy.

Another concern if the coating is on the inside of the exhaust manifold....beware because if it flakes....you know where those flakes are headed. .02c

Max, have them show you the exhaust manifold gaskets when they pull it apart again:w: - they are metal matrix usually and I have seen them disintegrate if they are installed improperly.

I asked a metallurgist at my work about flaking off a bits and he thought it was unlikely - particularly on a moderate mileage car.

yokust
July 29th, 2011, 04:41
I have a set of used manifolds off my car

hint hint wink wink