PDA

View Full Version : grinding noise in driver front end....

covertw12
July 26th, 2011, 21:07
A new noise.... left the car while I've been traveling and drove her for the first time in a few weeks today.... now it seems to have picked up a sharp grinding noise on turning to the right....thinking maybe it's a worn pad ?? I'm close on wear I suspect but was told at oil service 2k ago that I was fine for a bit... I've got a fresh set of EBC's in-hand ready to go but figured it could be 4-6k away..... thoughts from the experts ??

TIA

MaxRS6
July 26th, 2011, 21:47
Try to bed those pads- It may just be a clump of pad material. Just a wild guess and less than .03 worth.

Elevens
July 26th, 2011, 22:07
If its a grinding noise and only upon Turning, I would call a bad Outer CV joint. Rotor and pad issues would always be present and not only upon turning.............

skribe
July 26th, 2011, 22:55
^^ Stick your head under there and eyeball your outer CV boots for tears. These cars chew through boots faster than a tennessee hound dog.

My apologies for the stilted hillbilly dog simile. Thought your badbeast was for sale? You keeping her?

covertw12
July 26th, 2011, 23:06
I'm going to be giving her a wash and fresh coat of wax and lot's of love tonight..... I am thinking I may keep her.... I drove up to Dallas a few weeks ago and was grinning the whole time as she just ate up road and sliced traffic..... made the trip in a bit over 3 hours and was grinning for 3 beers afterwards !

So IF I got a decent offer, perhaps.... but until then I'm going to drive her and smile..... as we all know there is NOTHING under 100k that can match the performance with 4 doors and the stealth factor....If I ever sell her I'll get a Landcruiser just I can't make a comparision !

Cheers ~

E