PDA

View Full Version : I hope this is BS...

iconcls
October 5th, 2003, 11:14
I was pissed when Audi pushed the allocation from 900 to 1200 and now they're talking another 300

This Sucks (http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/301172.phtml)

Klint
October 5th, 2003, 11:19
And I heard from the cat's mother's flea's brother that there isn't a big enough demand as there seems to be quiet a substancial number of RS6s lying around at American dealerships.

Wait till there's official word from AoA before getting your feathers ruffled by it. :) I don't know what you an do if it's true though....ask for $1000 back for each extra car being shipped? :hihi: Unlikely. :rolleyes:

:cheers:

taipan
October 5th, 2003, 11:24
They did the same with the RS4.

Initial production plans according to press release was like "a limited edition of 2500 to be produced" ("and they're all sold already" respectfully repeated all car magazines), thus justifying the premium price.

Final figures were around 6500.

Of course, the savings from economy of scale were not shared with the initial buyers who trusted the limited edition promise...

Eric

iconcls
October 5th, 2003, 12:48
Originally posted by taipan
Of course, the savings from economy of scale were not shared with the initial buyers who trusted the limited edition promise...

Eric
OK, Eric, you're forgetting your role here; the goal of this board is to make me feel BETTER, not worse, didn't you get the memo?:) ;)

Of course, this will not take away from my enjoyment of the car, but back in March '02 when I plunked down my deposit the day it was announced, I was able to justify the price somewhat based on it's limited 900 run.

taipan
October 5th, 2003, 15:36
"You need to know the past to understand the present and predict the future".

You feel better now ?
:cool2: :D

Eric

JAXRS6
October 5th, 2003, 19:38
In fact I had not heard until now that the number had climbed beyond 900+ to 1200 -- and now it's going 300 HIGHER?!?!

So I wrote & submitted a long & somewhat bitter post, but decided to edit it out until hearing more from my dealer or AoA...on the advice of Klint, above. Thanks, Klint.

I'll post again if/when I hear from the horse's mouth.

chucklane
October 5th, 2003, 20:20
I can see them bringing more RS6's especially here in colorado. I have an 02 S8 and you seem them from time to time but i have only seen 2 RS6's one in the showroom and one here in Vail. They sell fast and the demand for them is high in the Rocky Mountain Country. Its still a limited production car and residuals should be good. Though i have a question wouldnt 1500 RS6's be more than than the number of S8's in the US?

eph94
October 6th, 2003, 01:14
That's it. I'm trading in the RS6. :vvangry:

Just kidding! :alig:

JAXRS6
October 6th, 2003, 05:46
After all, in this case we're getting riled up over a post (originally on Audiworld.com) by a guy we don't know who says his dealer told him so-and-so.

Yeah, the news may be upsetting, but until a dealer or AoA confirms it, it's not really news at all; it's just a rumor on a couple of web sites that have no connection to Audi of America (AoA).

It's Sunday night, this whole thing started over a weekend, and AoA or dealers can't be reached until tomorrow anyway. Take Klint's advice above & hold off until there's more than a rumor. And whoever finds out whatever first, please post it here with individuals' names, titles, dealer name and location if it's a dealer speaking, etc. And let 'em know they'll be quoted, by name, on this post & maybe others. As a retired journalist it's been my experience that rejecting a source's request for anonymity reduces the chances of being misled.

Bauer
October 6th, 2003, 06:32
My dealer about a month ago said 30 more not 300. I dont know if this is accurate but someone may of added a 0 over at Audi World. 30 more does not bother me...anyway if the car is not made by December 31st it CANT come into the states because(from what I am told) that smog laws change 04 and the 03 RS6 wont pass 04 requirements.

Either way I don't car one bit, I have had mine for two months and saw the first "random" one this last weekend while my wife and I were in Santa Barbara. Trust me 860, 1200, 1500 make no difference really, we are talking about 285 million people(number may be off). It will be much rarer then the E55 and M5 as they are a dime a dozen, there must be 20,000 M5's and E55's in the states. I see them all the time.:cheers:

btumble
October 6th, 2003, 15:44
if the car is not made by December 31st it CANT come into the states

I have heard the same thing. The cars have to be done by 12/31/03 or there are emmissions issues and they can't come into the US.

So given the prodution pace, I doubt 300 cars could be added to the schedule in October and be done in time.

BTW, I have yet to see another in my area (NYC metro) and I know that there were at least 25 sent to dealers in a 35 mile radius from where I live.

TaTaPiRaTa
October 6th, 2003, 17:35
Hi!

Anybody have a clue what is the daily production number of RS6?

It would be nice to know how many RS6 (also ratio with AVANT) are the cruising the world, as well as, knowing how many per month are new cars produced/added to the worldwide statistics.

GmbHouse
October 6th, 2003, 18:12
I know there is a sort of "geographic reallocation" going on now. My dealer told me today that they recently traded some of their A8s for 5 RS6s from the NY area. He went on to tell me that they could sell another 20 if they could get them, all at or above sticker. They will deliver 10 this month alone to customers.

avdh
October 6th, 2003, 20:07
I hope the rumour is incorrect, not because what happens on the US market has anything to do with me, but if true, since all cars must be in the US before then end of the year, that would mean that 100% of their production would be dedicated for the US market and thus other markets would not get their allocations before the new years.....

and I'm sick of waiting....:(

360M
October 9th, 2003, 18:41
I remember BMW did this with the E28 M5 back in '88. Some folks tried to sue BMW for "devalue-ing" their "limited production" cars. I can't remember if some people were successful in litigating, but I'm sure you could find out with enough searching on the internet.