PDA

View Full Version : Great driving weekend!

lswing
July 25th, 2011, 19:07
Sunny skies, did about 250 miles of mixed freeway and back country roads. Impressed by the car in so many ways. Cruising at 75 is cush and smooth, not too noisy, very nice, and actually got around 22-24 mpg according to the computer. I get around 12mpg in town so that was great to see.

The option to paddle shift while in drive is excellent, so far my favorite shift program. Getting it dialed in now, initially I would drop down to 4th, gas, pass. Not enough kick though, now it's down to 3rd, click click, gas, pass, holy hell amazing acceleration, brakes. Very smooth for sure, a bit loose under high speed braking, still pretty darn good though.

Got nice fresh spec motor oil and tranny fluid in also, always feels good to know I'm running clean. 92 octane Chevron gas around here, working great with the tune!

Here's to many more! Cheers...

QuattroRS
July 25th, 2011, 19:50
Have you taken Fox Hollow south out of town over to Loraine hwy? Another good one is to come up McBeth from Loraine that links into Fox Hollow. Those are always fun and just outside town.

lswing
July 25th, 2011, 19:54
Have you taken Fox Hollow south out of town over to Loraine hwy? Another good one is to come up McBeth from Loraine that links into Fox Hollow. Those are always fun and just outside town.

Hey, a local! Yea, would drive those a lot in the wrx, not too much on McBeth because of the cyclists, tight road. What are you driving? Maybe meet up someday for a local Audi drive eh? My drive was I5, up to Corvallis then over to Newport, some good roads back there, mostly open. I really like the wolf creek or smith river loops around here.

QuattroRS
July 25th, 2011, 20:22
McBeth is ok going up....just watch it on the couple of blind corners for cyclists that dont know how to decend. Wolf Creek is to die for. Not local any longer...used to live in the area and still miss the roads.

Hey, a local! Yea, would drive those a lot in the wrx, not too much on McBeth because of the cyclists, tight road. What are you driving? Maybe meet up someday for a local Audi drive eh? My drive was I5, up to Corvallis then over to Newport, some good roads back there, mostly open. I really like the wolf creek or smith river loops around here.

Chung
July 26th, 2011, 02:13
I like the twists of the alsea hwy but cyclists can be a problem.

It is crazy we get two days of sun and then more rain (well in Seattle it is raining). I am just glad this weekend had great weather.