PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye DRC!

PALETTE
July 24th, 2011, 01:57
Got a call late Thursday that my rear shock and line had a leak while I'm on vacation in Clearwater! Ughhhh so I think it's time to say the DRC system has to go. I'm going with PSS9 I got a price of 2450.00 anyone have a better price?

This trip is costing me money everywhere!

MaxRS6
July 24th, 2011, 02:25
Congrats on getting rid of the oil demon!

JSRS6
July 24th, 2011, 03:08
Check eBay. I got mine for ~1800.

JSRS6
July 24th, 2011, 03:20
Didn't find any on eBay.

Here's the cheapest so far:

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-24553-bilstein-9-way-performance-suspension-system-pss9-coilovers-audi-rs6-2003-2004.aspx?affiliateid=10060

JSRS6
July 24th, 2011, 03:23
Cheapest:

http://www.eurosportdesign.com/p-810-audi-bilstein-pss9-coilovers.aspx

Cheaper:

http://www.suspensioncenter.com/p-24553-bilstein-9-way-performance-suspension-system-pss9-coilovers-audi-rs6-2003-2004.aspx?affiliateid=10065

PALETTE
July 24th, 2011, 04:07
Eurosport has them listed on sale for 1850.00 Wow!

JSRS6
July 24th, 2011, 04:10
Yeah, I would definitely check with them over the phone.

PALETTE
July 24th, 2011, 04:24
Yeah, I would definitely check with them over the phone.
First thing Monday hope I can get them in before I get home

ben916
July 24th, 2011, 05:11
eric @ supremepower in California...

JSRS6
July 24th, 2011, 14:05
Pallete, go to this page and fill out the contact at the bottom, the page says they answer emails in 2 hours or less,even after hours. Better yet, I'll do it right now, and let you know.

JSRS6
July 24th, 2011, 14:12
Too bad you aren't driving, you could pick the box up on your way back!

PALETTE
July 24th, 2011, 14:35
Too bad you aren't driving, you could pick the box up on your way back!

I wanted to drive but never would have fit everything in the car. 4 luggages playpen and stroller! Then mine and mine sons stuff :)

kismetcapitan
July 24th, 2011, 16:38
are you going to just disconnect, or strip out the entire DRC system, lines and everything? I like to remove things from cars :P On Skylines, the hydraulic four-wheel steering system is usually removed. Most people just block it off, but I tore out the whole system, which had lines drive by the power steering pump all the way to the back of the car. Same with the blow off valve recirculation system - you can block it off, or tear out a whole lot of pipes and hoses.

Just wondering, as I know a fair number of people ditch the DRC for coilovers, but how many leave the system in? Or would the ECU throw a fault if the DRC isn't there?

marklar182
July 24th, 2011, 16:52
DRC is purely mechanical. No electronics.

Some remove the whole system, most just replace the shocks/coils.

JSRS6
July 24th, 2011, 17:02
I wanted to drive but never would have fit everything in the car. 4 luggages playpen and stroller! Then mine and mine sons stuff :)

You'd be surprised, man. We were! Went down to florida a couple months ago with the RS6. Took me, my wife, and 2 1/2 month old daughter down. We had both of our luggages, her stroller, pack and play, cooler, box of snacks, a couple pillows AND room for a fourth...lol, just saying

are you going to just disconnect, or strip out the entire DRC system, lines and everything? I like to remove things from cars :P On Skylines, the hydraulic four-wheel steering system is usually removed. Most people just block it off, but I tore out the whole system, which had lines drive by the power steering pump all the way to the back of the car. Same with the blow off valve recirculation system - you can block it off, or tear out a whole lot of pipes and hoses.

Just wondering, as I know a fair number of people ditch the DRC for coilovers, but how many leave the system in? Or would the ECU throw a fault if the DRC isn't there?

Its a mixed bag, some remove all components, myself included. Some just cap off lines. the DRC doesn't have any sensors that tie in, completely mechanical system. You are maybe thinking of the C6...

speedtrapped
July 24th, 2011, 20:40
Well, well Corey unless I missed an earlier thread, I am happy you came to your senses and didn't sell the beast!

PALETTE
July 24th, 2011, 20:46
Well, well Corey unless I missed an earlier thread, I am happy you came to your senses and didn't sell the beast!

Yea I'm keeping it. I have to much into it and it's going to be built the way I like so I will hang on to it. Thanks for not banishing me lol

PALETTE
July 24th, 2011, 20:47
You'd be surprised, man. We were! Went down to florida a couple months ago with the RS6. Took me, my wife, and 2 1/2 month old daughter down. We had both of our luggages, her stroller, pack and play, cooler, box of snacks, a couple pillows AND room for a fourth...lol, just saying

You haven't seen the wires shoe collection then lol

ttboost
July 24th, 2011, 23:57

Don't give him to much credit Stephen...if he could've found a GTR cheap enough, he would've sold both of his cars AND his soul!!!

speedtrapped
July 25th, 2011, 01:56
Ha, he would of been one of many who sold the beast only to regret it later.

PALETTE
July 25th, 2011, 03:31
Don't give him to much credit Stephen...if he could've found a GTR cheap enough, he would've sold both of his cars AND his soul!!!
I guess I was mistaken, bears sleep in the summer to! What took you so long to wake up brother?

All good, the boss x'd the GTR as the back seats are non existent, like we have them in the Porsche anyways. Plus the maintenance is going to kill me on the GTR. Not like the Audi is any better lol

ben916
July 25th, 2011, 04:12
I guess I was mistaken, bears sleep in the summer to! What took you so long to wake up brother?

All good, the boss x'd the GTR as the back seats are non existent, like we have them in the Porsche anyways. Plus the maintenance is going to kill me on the GTR. Not like the Audi is any better lol

Not to mention that you would have every hard D*ck in an EVO, WRX, Vette, etc. trying to race you....

ttboost
July 25th, 2011, 11:44
Not to mention that you would have every hard D*ck in an EVO, WRX, Vette, etc. trying to race you....

I don't think that would have been a problem...'Ol leadfoot would race a cop if he thought he was trying to get the drop on him...

PALETTE
July 25th, 2011, 13:52
I don't think that would have been a problem...'Ol leadfoot would race a cop if he thought he was trying to get the drop on him...

Holy! That was only one time!

ttboost
July 25th, 2011, 14:58
Holy! That was only one time!

That would be considered a "gateway" race..once you race a cop,. all other racing after that is considered elementary...

vitalian
July 25th, 2011, 15:42
You haven't seen the wires shoe collection then lol

The last time my husband complained about how many pairs of shoes I have, I told him I would gladly stop buying shoes the day he stops buying fishing gear.

Needless to say, I'm still buying shoes...:)

vitalian
July 25th, 2011, 15:46
That would be considered a "gateway" race..once you race a cop,. all other racing after that is considered elementary...

LOL! I suppose it would be considered a "gateway" race. It would also be considered a felony in my jurisdiction.:)

ben916
July 25th, 2011, 18:20
LOL! I suppose it would be considered a "gateway" race. It would also be considered a felony in my jurisdiction.:)

Um, yeahhhh.... especially in King County, (not to slam the cops up there.... much) they will shoot you for shoplifting... read it in SeattleTimes.com last week...

PALETTE
July 25th, 2011, 21:26

Hey when in had my Grand National he asked how fast it was at the lights he then replied afte I told him! No way you can pull me from a light I said let's give it a try. Glad he didn't pull me over when I launch him lol

JSRS6
July 25th, 2011, 23:25
Did you get ahold of Eurosport?

PALETTE
July 25th, 2011, 23:51
It's been 5 hours no reply to my email

kismetcapitan
July 26th, 2011, 09:25

so true, I can't drive my Skyline on weekends without someone racing up to me, tailgating me and trying to pick a race. I'm long past the stage of having to prove how fast my car is, but sometimes those bastards get really irritating and need a spanking....