PDA

View Full Version : Sticking downshifts

kilian tuning
July 23rd, 2011, 09:09
Is it normal the box is kind of sticking downshifts when coming to stop. its not like a hard bang but kind of like it is sticking before going to the first gear...its only from second to first just before a stop. from second gear the rpm drops beneath 1000 and than suddenly goes into first gear and slightly rising rpm.

speedtrapped
July 23rd, 2011, 15:03
If ts faint then I would say yes...mine usually holds 2nd until wheels are barely spinning, and no pressure on gas pedal.

ttboost
July 23rd, 2011, 23:50
I've noticed mine will NOT downshift to first unless I am stop stopped...as in not moving an inch, but does it smoothly.

ben916
July 24th, 2011, 05:17
Mine would downshift, not very smooth when coming to a stop. Then another time, I had the windows down to listen to things, I noticed there would be noise when downshifting, not a clank but more of a thud. I had the TRANSMISSION (not tranny) fluid/filter changed and shifting was smooth and thudless... That was around 38k miles = currently at 50k, probably needs it again - correctly done at a shop that knows what they are doing...

vitalian
July 25th, 2011, 15:53
Mine does the same thing as killian tuning's -- it holds 2nd until the car is barely moving, then downshifts a little abruptly. No "thud" or any other sort of noise, but based on Ben's post I think I will check the TRANSMISSION:) fluid/filter the next time I have her in the shop.