PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with my 02 S6

Lane
July 21st, 2011, 17:25
So im new and i need help! So i have a 2002 S6 Avant i love the car and it's fun and challenging to Mod!
But i hit a wall so to speak, I havent been able to find a tuner for the 4.2, and trying to be different isnt as easy as i thought it would be.

As for being different i really would like to know if any of the RS6 aftermarket front bumpers fit the S6 or am i stuck buying from OEM-PLUS? Also i saw a front lip spoiler on a RS6 here and it was made out of carbon look sick but it's the only i have ever seen! I would love to get one but would like to have if mad out of glass or plastic i like to stay body colour thats all. So any ideas would really help at this time.

Thanks Lane

speedtrapped
July 21st, 2011, 17:50
there is a cheap alternative to a lip spoiler, its called a cupra lip and fits c5 a6....it runs $90bucks, its plastic but can be painted...scotty@advanced has them...as for the splitter headshot has, CF its a 1 off.........I have been looking for a CF splitter/lip, stephencl had 1 imported from Japan, $1800.00(not a typo)....as for bumpers, search..if nothing Audizine has alot of c5a6 2.7 guys who spend lots of $ to get thier car to look like an RS6-

Lane
July 21st, 2011, 18:16
Thanks for the input!
Lane

Mr. Rictus
July 21st, 2011, 18:18
United Motorsports is working on a tune for the 2002 S6. They got the base file from my car... I know that Unitronic and possibly APR have tunes for the S6, they're about $500 or so.

Lane
July 26th, 2011, 02:52
11558Thanks Rictus ill be going with the Unitronic, APR dosent plan on doing anything for the 4.2 at this time, As for any other thoughts all are welcome!11557Also having trouble finding a replacment for the wood inserts in the car?
http://www.rs6.com/images/misc/pencil.png

kismetcapitan
July 26th, 2011, 12:57
I've always thought that RS Audis were always properly Avants, and a project I'd like to do, if I had the cash and time, would be to take a C5 S6 Avant, dress it up as a Euro-spec RS6 Avant, then shoehorn a C6 RS6 engine in there.

Externally, the difference between an S6 and RS6 would be...front and rear bumpers, grilles, side skirts....anything else?

Mr. Rictus
July 26th, 2011, 13:28
11558Thanks Rictus ill be going with the Unitronic, APR dosent plan on doing anything for the 4.2 at this time, As for any other thoughts all are welcome!11557Also having trouble finding a replacment for the wood inserts in the car?
http://www.rs6.com/images/misc/pencil.png

I just picked up the full carbon interior for my S6 so my wood inserts are for sale. Are you interested?

Lane
July 27th, 2011, 05:25
Maybe what colour wood do you have mine is the dark mahogany and a price would be nice, or i was thinking about making some out of brushed stainless :) And i do like your idea but i like the power and sound of a high compression V8! I could Turbo it but that's to easy, and they only sent 250 total S6's to the US in 02 and 03 so it's to rare for me to go nuts and it is my driver for now. But i do like the six speed idea!

surferdude
July 27th, 2011, 06:54
You can go with an RS6 bumper on your S6, or just go full RS6 body (F&R bumpers, side skirts, grill). You can also have carbon inserts made for your car for about $500. I don't remember the name of the company, but I believe "carbon" is in the name, just do a google search for it. As far as tuning, not much power can be had with a chip; but get a TCU for the Tiptronic, it makes the shifts much faster (MTM has a good one for the S6). Nice car, and Good luck!

JT
July 27th, 2011, 16:44
Lane, I believe North America received a bit less than 1200 S6 Avants w/the breakdown being 900+ in 2002 & 200+ in 2003. Where did you hear only 250??
Surferdude, yup, you're close - think it's o-carbon you're referring to. =)

Lane
July 28th, 2011, 00:44
Thanks the best money spent on a newer car so far! 250 total from the DMV and my insurance company! As far as the front bumper i would like to find one there a bit pricey, already got the rear spoiler on the list and trying to clean the car up from the last owner, she just drove it A to B, at least she did the services at Audi, Now it's going in for the timing belt and i need to install the H&R Springs, I will look into the MTM Trans kit and Unitronic says about 35 hp gain that would bring the car to 375 hp not bad for a daily driver. Thanks to all please keep the thoughts coming the more the better! :)

streetsoffire
July 30th, 2011, 02:11
I have searched and searched for that RS6 front bumper (I am talking over a year)..........I just bit the bullet, went to my Audi dealer, and gave them my plastic card........

JSRS6
July 30th, 2011, 02:57
They have them on oemplus...

Lane
August 11th, 2011, 17:17
They have them on oemplus...
Thanks to all any thoughts on brake pads? somthing low dust would be nice the HAWK HPS put out more dust than stopping power!

1sadavant
August 11th, 2011, 19:03
Here's an OEM Front bumper from the 03 RS6. Used and needs some work, but could be worth it

Not affiliated: http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2475279981.html

Hy Octane
August 11th, 2011, 19:06
Wasnt there a company that threatened for years to make a supercharger kit for the 4.2 and finally did?

1sadavant
August 11th, 2011, 19:12
Wasnt there a company that threatened for years to make a supercharger kit for the 4.2 and finally did?

You are probably referring to PES superchargers, they are junk.

ben916
August 11th, 2011, 20:30
Here's an OEM Front bumper from the 03 RS6. Used and needs some work, but could be worth it
Not affiliated: http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2475279981.html

Better jump on that, especially at that price...!!!!

You are probably referring to PES superchargers, they are junk.
There is an entire thread on AZ about the PES not-so-supercharger and it was apparently a super nightmare...

Lane
August 11th, 2011, 20:40
Better jump on that, especially at that price...!!!!

There is an entire thread on AZ about the PES not-so-supercharger and it was apparently a super nightmare...

Thanks but the Audi needs a set of cat's first there on there way and being installed saturday i hope and then theres the timing belt and springs and shocks and sway bars and someone left a nice scrape on my drivers side rear door oh and the damn ABS and ECS light problem that comes and go's, Oh well still love the car! Ooo and brake pads and Rotors too! HAha ill be working alot of OT, But thank you it nice to know there are alot of great and helpful people on this site i wish i had the cash for the bumper!!!!! any ofther thoughts are always welcome:)
Lane

DiscoPotato
August 13th, 2011, 16:34
Cant go wrong with the Cupra R lip.

speedtrapped
August 14th, 2011, 15:39
Ben, I know! The pats?!....lol, sorry MA.

Lane
August 17th, 2011, 18:05
cupra on the way looking for a used RS6 Rear spoiler for an Avant and a rear lic/plateholder?
Anyone got one they wanna sell?

Thanks Lane

streetsoffire
August 19th, 2011, 09:17
Do you mean the tub with the fog lights? I have one; pm me an offer.......

Lane
August 19th, 2011, 21:44
so any other tricks to getting more out of the 4.2 that i should know about?

JSRS6
August 19th, 2011, 22:00
Yeah, buy speedtrapped's engine, mate it with a 6 speed, then install...:-)

streetsoffire
August 20th, 2011, 03:01
Not much you can do for our powerplant. I'm researching Euro S8 cams and tune. As far as dropping That RS6 beast of a motor in, it would prolly be better to sell the S6, and then really join RS6.com.

ben916
August 20th, 2011, 06:47
Not much you can do for our powerplant. I'm researching Euro S8 cams and tune. As far as dropping That RS6 beast of a motor in, it would prolly be better to sell the S6, and then really join RS6.com.

NEVER!
keep both!

Lane
August 20th, 2011, 18:00
How about an early R8 Fsi N/A 4.2 i think i could get that to fit!