PDA

View Full Version : Rear Diffuser

HeadShot
July 20th, 2011, 03:35
Well its all done, If you want one - its attached to the RS6 for sale in the Sticky's

speedtrapped
July 20th, 2011, 03:37
That is pure sex....I wish I could get ya to make this and lip, group buy?

HeadShot
July 20th, 2011, 04:10
Thanks Man, It was so much more work than i thought it would be. A guy looked at it today and asked what color it was before - thinking it was a stock part haha. I told him it was made out of thin air and his jaw dropped - and thats what makes custom work so worth while - that one reaction / he's a carpenter and could not believe how perfect the relief was and how well it matched the lines of the car. Sorry for the crap pics but it needs to be lit for pics and i do not have the equipment. I may do a run down to San Diego for the meet on the 30th before i let her go... just to enjoy it one last time... we shall see. To everyone who has jumped in with positive feedback over the years /// thankyou all so much and to all the posts on other subjects that have given me motivation and love for the beast. And to Dave!!!! :) Take care eveyone... If i check my lotto tickets and have a happy ending a manual gear box is next on the list. And pipes...

One to the head, The only way to be sure.

To all the proud new members - Please support this site with a donation to the founder Eric once a year. The information on the site is priceless and will save you a fortune - it did for me. He takes donations annually via PayPal - PM him fr details.

Eric - Thanks for everything :))))

ben916
July 20th, 2011, 05:02
Thanks Man, It was so much more work than i thought it would be. A guy looked at it today and asked what color it was before - thinking it was a stock part haha. I told him it was made out of thin air and his jaw dropped - and thats what makes custom work so worth while - that one reaction / he's a carpenter and could not believe how perfect the relief was and how well it matched the lines of the car. Sorry for the crap pics but it needs to be lit for pics and i do not have the equipment. I may do a run down to San Diego for the meet on the 30th before i let her go... just to enjoy it one last time... we shall see. To everyone who has jumped in with positive feedback over the years /// thankyou all so much and to all the posts on other subjects that have given me motivation and love for the beast. And to Dave!!!! :) Take care eveyone... If i check my lotto tickets and have a happy ending a manual gear box is next on the list. And pipes...

One to the head, The only way to be sure.

To all the proud new members - Please support this site with a donation to the founder Eric once a year. The information on the site is priceless and will save you a fortune - it did for me. He takes donations annually via PayPal - PM him fr details.

Eric - Thanks for everything :))))

You know what I already think about that diffuser!
The lines are perfect!

Peeps are gonna be like this:

http://youtu.be/RV7Qz640OeM

It will be a hit!
People will lose their minds when they see that diffuser, hood, chin whiskers, seats...
Also, Ricardo from Raven stated that he will be down for test rides in the 6 speed RS6...
Is that enough bait for ya?

speedtrapped
July 20th, 2011, 12:57
seriously think about the # of RS6 in US....if u have the manufacturing capability I think you could do very well, those body add ons are beautiful...I have been trying to find a splitter like yours-no luck, a hood like yours, ditto and now a custom diffuser.....we should start a campaign Ben and get as many RS6 owners/members to agree to support headshots products...I think you could do very well...then again if its not your primary business I could see how hard this would be....a man can dream.

Mr. Rictus
July 20th, 2011, 16:00
Nice work! That is a gorgeous part.

SteveKen
July 20th, 2011, 16:58
Hate to be 'that guy', but I don't care for it.

I'm a purist in the sense that: "if Audi didn't make it, I don't look right." The exception being the body kit on the 25th anniversary S4. It was horrendous. Rear bumper vents . . . wtf. . .

Other than aesthetics, does it serve any purpose? Sam thing for the splitter on a 2+ton car?

Just my opinion and I'm not knocking the craftsmanship as you seem to be very skilled at what you've done.

Brav
July 20th, 2011, 17:50
its very hard to come up with an idea in your head and have it come out "right" from all angles when its complete. Especially as an amateur. For a first attempt, I think was done very well. After aiding in designing several aftermarket euro parts, I have learned a little bit, and also know that the finest details can make a big difference.

In this case, I would have liked to see the outside vertical slats draw down further, to the same length of the inners. It would require making them longer horizontally, extending more forward along the side of the car. This would clean it up for a more balanced look, and bring the rear of the car down visually, closer to the level of the side skirts. Sorry to criticize your work.. just my $.03

kevin
July 20th, 2011, 17:52
I'm on the same fence as Steve. I looked at the photos a couple different times and it just doesn't do anything for me.

HeadShot
July 20th, 2011, 18:37
It's hard to photograph really. I'm my biggest critic believe me. It's how I wanted it to flow and when you look at the whole car it flows with the style well I think. From behind it is very business like - more than most you see. Kind of a reflection of track heritage. The point is the car is a 2003 and the body work keeps the style current. I just couldn't stand that fake mesh section in the rear of the car. It made NO sense. I guess some people like that junk. Audi kinda dropped the ball there in my opinion.
I appreatate the comments fellas :) When I start R8 mods in a few years it gives me things to think about.
Motivates me to get it to San Diego so the local RS6 guys can put in some first hand feed back.

H.S

Spidercat
July 22nd, 2011, 20:34
Nice work, H.S! That looks very well crafted.
Sorry to see your car leave your care. You've really done a lot with it.
Sucks about the whole situation. Wish you could sell it cheap to a trusting relative and then buy it back at a later date!

HeadShot
July 23rd, 2011, 04:21
Thanks mate. I'm a kiwi actually so no family here. Need the green right now to clear a loan anyway. Just hope she goes to a good home.