PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Future - Seeking low mileage RS6

jbtexas
July 15th, 2011, 13:49
Sold my ultra low mileage RS6 a few years ago. Have come full circle to wanting another one of these. If anyone has a pristine low mileage example, I am interested. Would pay the right price for the right car. thanks jbtrichel@aol.com

DHall1
July 15th, 2011, 15:35
Jonathan,

You missed the black one from Texas a few weeks back. 20k mileage and Fidelity warranty for 4 years. ~40k is what it went for.....

Search for his ad but I think he sold it.

jbtexas
July 15th, 2011, 15:50
Hey DHall1, you are still here! Knowing my last car, you can imagine the head banging that I am doing right now, that I sold it. Such is the sickness of a car nut/addict.

dmross
July 15th, 2011, 16:53
I entertain the idea of selling mine every now and then, even after the ridiculous amount of time and money spent on getting everything perfect again. But then I feel like I will be in the same boat, because I miss some of my old cars a lot too, and it's definitely my favorite car that I've owned despite all the extra attention it demands.

RS6s are like a super awesome girlfriend with the worst menstrual cycle ever.

speedtrapped
July 15th, 2011, 17:06
I entertain the idea of selling mine every now and then, even after the ridiculous amount of time and money spent on getting everything perfect again. But then I feel like I will be in the same boat, because I miss some of my old cars a lot too, and it's definitely my favorite car that I've owned despite all the extra attention it demands.

LOL.I couldnt of explained it any better....

Jimmy
July 15th, 2011, 17:41

:applause: Well said my good man, well said ... and all too true.

Shucks...my bud just recently sold his 50K car with 20 grand of MTM stuff on it...for mid-30s. Not really low miles but...

ben916
July 15th, 2011, 18:23
speak of the devil, kinda!

a new member just picked up an ultra low mileage example in SFO (6,800 miles) for like $42k (?)

Patrick Godfrey
July 15th, 2011, 19:11
Technically, an "old" member (joined 2004). Just never posted until now.

jbtexas
July 15th, 2011, 19:54
I have come to the conclusion that cars are a lot like high school girlfriends. Very satisfied with the current hot model until something hotter comes along. Sometimes regret getting rid of one of those previous girlfriends... some more than others. My cars have been much hotter than my high school girlfriends, but you get the point :-)

I bought my last RS6 with 85 miles on it and sold it with 3,xxx miles on it. Of all my previous cars, probably one of my biggest regrets. Will never find that kind of situation again, but would love to find something with less than 10k miles on it. I was eye balling a 6k mileage car in Autotrader, but based on this thread, it sounds like it was sold.

kismetcapitan
July 16th, 2011, 12:28

You haven't owned a Skyline GT-R...good lord, when it puts out, it'll blow your mind like nothing on earth, supercars included. But she usually prefers to blow your wallet....:P

I've found my RS6 and will be getting my first go in her in a month; I'm actually looking forward to the *reduced* maintenance costs!!

DHall1
July 19th, 2011, 03:08
Had you flashed the 85mile car....I bet you never would have sold it. Never mind HS sweethearts....we are talkin about Playboy centerfold of the century.

I have come to the conclusion that cars are a lot like high school girlfriends. Very satisfied with the current hot model until something hotter comes along. Sometimes regret getting rid of one of those previous girlfriends... some more than others. My cars have been much hotter than my high school girlfriends, but you get the point :-)

I bought my last RS6 with 85 miles on it and sold it with 3,xxx miles on it. Of all my previous cars, probably one of my biggest regrets. Will never find that kind of situation again, but would love to find something with less than 10k miles on it. I was eye balling a 6k mileage car in Autotrader, but based on this thread, it sounds like it was sold.

Erik
July 19th, 2011, 07:50

:D

LOL, pretty good quote there.