PDA

View Full Version : OT- USA Women Soccer team is doing great-

MaxRS6
July 13th, 2011, 18:39
What a game!!! 3-1 at this moment USA leads France.

edit: Win!!!! Off to the finals and hope they can pull it off.

JSRS6
July 13th, 2011, 19:41
Mmmm....Solo...lol.

MaxRS6
July 13th, 2011, 19:50
LOL- She has rocked da house!

V8weight
July 13th, 2011, 20:00
What's soccer?....

Jimmy
July 14th, 2011, 13:43
Yep, the US Women are and always have been fantastic at soccer ! Its been a great World Cup; other countries teams are getting much better and are giving the power-house teams a good run and even upsetting them.

Here's hoping they bring home another World Cup for the USA. It's sad though the coverage, or lack there-of, they get.

Jimmy (UCONN Men's Soccer 1984-1988 , 1984 NCAA Division I Final-Four)

MaxRS6
July 14th, 2011, 13:46
^ A man that walked the walk- Going to the Final-Four must have been a thrill and a lifetime experience..

I look forward to Sunday and cheering them on for a USA win!

Jimmy
July 15th, 2011, 12:11
I was 16 years old in 1984 ! Recruited in my senior year in high school for a full scholarship. It was prolly the most scary situation in my life up to then, all of us really were like deer caught in headlites...but yes, it is a great memory for me even though we lost. I still have, and wear (and most importantly; fit in !) the commemorative jackets they gave us...it totally dates me at my kids soccer games now. 8-)

Regardless if they win or not (I'm betting they do tho)...it would be sweet to see some coverage of the players in like Maxim or Playboy out of uniform (like some female olympians did previously)....'some' of them are really attractive gals.

Go USA !!!!

Jimmy
July 19th, 2011, 12:48
Well, second place isn't so bad...but considering the USA ladies dominated most of the game...its bittersweet.

Hats off to Japan for hanging in there and getting lucky.

Glad I didn't place that bet on USA though !!!

MaxRS6
July 19th, 2011, 13:15
+1- Our girls dominated play but lost the point tally. It was a lot fun cheering them on Sunday. The sportsmanship of both teams was on full display and showed how two great teams can do battle- On to the Olympics!

vitalian
July 19th, 2011, 16:17
+2, I was also very impressed with the sportsmanship of both teams. I also noticed there was no flopping, which is one thing about soccer I absolutely can't stand. What a well-played and exciting game. It's a bummer the US didn't win it, but if they had to lose to somebody, I'm glad it was Japan -- that country really needed something to cheer about this year.

Erik
July 19th, 2011, 20:24
Sweden got Bronze :race:

Jimmy
July 21st, 2011, 13:29
Right on Erik !! Sweden prolly has the most attractive women players out of all the countries too , and they are great at the game to boot !! How did the USA end up with one of your best former players as our coach though ? ($$$ I'm sure) She's got her own postage stamp I hear (?)

Yes !! what vitalian said...Japan def needed something positive for them to happen. They earned that cup, fair and square. Good for them.

Hope Solo and a few others were at ESPN studios here in Bristol earlier this week; my old high school soccer team-mate works there and got a picture with them...I'll try to get and post.