PDA

View Full Version : ABS Connector Wires Clipped

MaxRS6
July 11th, 2011, 20:44
Hello all. The tech that pulled my motor for the turbo replacements noted that two wires are clipped at the connector on the front passenger side. He has not worked on a RS6 previously and showed me the below wires that are a connector for the ABS. He wanted me to ask you all if this is normal that two of the wires (circled in red) are "clipped". Any idea?

BTW- These guys ripped the motor out in a single day and expect to have me up and running this week (main hold up is waiting for the turbos to arrive). My new tech loves the car and engine. He has been going over it in detail while he has it pulled apart. Coincidentally- he has been looking for a R32. When he saw me pull up in my daughter's R32, he was all over it and I let him take it for a spin. We took it on a spirited run through a few curves. :) He does the SCAA thing and we had a great talk about track events and cars in general.

I've had no codes from the ABS and seems to work fine. About 6 months ago I was slamming the brakes on a wet pad and the ABS worked without issue. The ABS module was replaced a couple of years ago.

Thanks in advance!

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/2010%20Coolant%20Repair/2011-07-11_11-03-13_103.jpg?t=1310412769

V8weight
July 11th, 2011, 20:58
What color is the remaining wire? According to the wiring diagrams I have, there are two extra wires for the right front ABS sensor that are only used in the S6.

MaxRS6
July 11th, 2011, 21:00
^ Thanks Pat- Dang- I had my phone set on black & white for effect on an earlier pic. I'll give the tech a ring and check.

Edit- Yes it is yellow and black

4everRS
July 11th, 2011, 22:40
sign of a good mechanic when his thumb nail is that ugly

hahnmgh63
July 11th, 2011, 23:26
Just to check but are you sure these wires aren't for the brake pad wear sensors?

MaxRS6
July 12th, 2011, 04:22
sign of a good mechanic when his thumb nail is that ugly

LOL- I sure hope so and time will tell...