PDA

View Full Version : Billy Boat Exhaust Group Buy - Erik Approved!

Mr. Rictus
July 11th, 2011, 19:26
I'm going to get a Billy Boat Exhaust (they make exhausts for APR) for my S6 so I figured I'd set up a group buy so others could pick one up for their RS6 or S6 as well and save some money.

Billy Boat Exhausts are full T-304 Stainless Steel and they make exhausts for most cars. More info. can be found at www.bbexhaust.com (http://www.bbexhaust.com)

About the RS6 Exhaust:

Billy Boat Performance Exhaust is the first manufacturer to offer a 100% T-304 stainless steel exhaust system for the Audi RS6. This high-performance system begins at the factory catalytic converter with 2.5" tubing and exits the center muffler with dual 3" tubing. The 3" tubing continues to fully-polished low-restriction mufflers that hang in the factory mounting location. This true-dual system finishes nicely with fully polished twin 3" double-wall tips.
Installation is simplified with this completely bolt-on system. Absolutely no cutting, welding or modifications are needed for installation! This true-dual system is TIG welded and completely mandrel bent resulting in a precision fit and an even exhaust flow.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/mr_rictus/rs6-system.jpg

$1690 for the RS6

Free shipping in the Continental U.S. once we reach 5 orders :)

$90 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 10 orders :jlol:

$170 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 15 orders :thumb:

I'll keep it open for 2 weeks, see what we've got and then request payment via paypal. The lead time is 2-3 weeks if we get 10 orders, then up to 5 business days for shipping.

Please post up if you'd like to pick up an excellent exhaust!

Mr. Rictus
July 11th, 2011, 22:34
Forgot to mention, retail on this exhaust is $1,999.00. Starting price on this group buy is $1690!

hahnmgh63
July 11th, 2011, 23:29
B&B are quality stainless products but I think the concensus is that the the APR type of 4 pipe exits for the RS6 aren't the most attractive looking exhaust.

DHall1
July 11th, 2011, 23:39
+1 also not a fan of polished pipes and cans on the RS6. .02c

This would be a good time for Elevens to post a pic of his a$$ end. I mean the a$$ end of his RS6.

B&B are quality stainless products but I think the concensus is that the the APR type of 4 pipe exits for the RS6 aren't the most attractive looking exhaust.

Mr. Rictus
July 12th, 2011, 00:19
Hmmm... I'll ask them about it now.
What are the dimensions of the oval tip?
Thanks for the feedback.

speedtrapped
July 12th, 2011, 00:47
^^^^^ what he said

Mr. Rictus
July 12th, 2011, 01:01
^^^^^ what he said

What I said?

I just want the dimensions of the exhaust tip so Billy Boat can put oval tips on the system instead of the dual tips.

papadoc
July 12th, 2011, 01:28
I don't see how they can put a single large oval tip on the exhaust without completely redoing the design. People like what they have; not too many say they don't like the look of the twin tips on the S models. I actually like the look, and every time I see a stock SE exhaust I am glad I made the change, but then again I like the look of the titanium 5 spoke wheels and others prefer more bling. To each his own ;-). One thing to keep in mind is that the SE exhaust from the RS6 can be resold, as there definitely is a market for them, irrespective of which exhaust you install.
This is a poor quality pic from my BlackBerry, but you get the idea....
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11285&d=1303523422

Mr. Rictus
July 12th, 2011, 01:36
I called them as soon as I saw the post in the thread about the oval tips and there is no redesign of the exhaust needed. They'll just weld a different part onto the muffler, as I was told.

I like the look of your car! The twin tips don't look that bad but if I can offer the option of single oval or twin tip, I will!

speedtrapped
July 12th, 2011, 01:50
What he said was meant for mark. I have the milltek with the large black oval tips, looks great but honestly sound not much better the the SE option. Now, if BB sounds like eisenmann I would jump all over.

Mr. Rictus
July 12th, 2011, 02:25
Not an RS6, but a V8 at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vt1T6hsue0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

speedtrapped
July 12th, 2011, 03:27
Nice, NA? Turbos tend to mute

Mr. Rictus
July 12th, 2011, 13:24
That is an NA car. I've found clips of S4s with the 4.2L V8 but no RS6s.

I should hear back from Billy Boat today about the Oval tip option.

Mr. Rictus
July 14th, 2011, 20:41
They're still working on the exhaust tips.

Any other comments/questions?

Mr. Rictus
July 15th, 2011, 16:20
Thanks for signing up, bmlee007.

Only 3 more for free shipping...

4everRS
July 15th, 2011, 18:28
if they can make a tip like the big oval miltek's. I am interested in just buying tips. I would even just buy plain steel/unpainted.

Mr. Rictus
July 15th, 2011, 21:50
I'm still waiting to hear back about the tips.

bmlee007
July 16th, 2011, 03:52
Thanks for signing up, bmlee007.

Only 3 more for free shipping...

Of course I'm hoping for 15, but getting to free shipping would be great. And here, I bought it thinking, I'll drive it for a while before I start doing mods. Yep, that lasted all of 1000 miles.

WaltBleser
July 18th, 2011, 19:19
Will this fit my 2002 S6 Avant? I picked one up a few months ago and having a heck of a time riding an exhaust for it....thanks!

Mr. Rictus
July 18th, 2011, 20:01
I own an S6 myself and am picking up an exhaust as part of the Group Buy. The exhaust for the S6 costs less and is different from the RS6 version.

I can get an S6 exhaust for $1100.

DHall1
July 18th, 2011, 20:08
Why take the chance on a BB oval tip? When we can just buy the Milltek tip or full cat back for the same money? If you like the twin tip then buy BB or MTM. If you want single then Milltek is excellent.

Watch this vid from 1:43....that sounds nothing like a stock SE exhaust. IMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jix47qE20p4

Mr. Rictus
July 18th, 2011, 20:25
Thanks for bumping my thread up!

However, you can't get a Milltek exhaust for <$1690. Also, I'm working on getting an Oval tip version of the exhaust from BB so please don't try to disuade others from buying these exhausts.

I'm sure there are comparison threads on this forum that can be referenced for those who are looking for them.

DHall1
July 18th, 2011, 20:38
Free country. I would not take the chance on a BB/oval tip setup that has not been proven. As my post states.....my feeling is that if you want a single tip to go with Milltek....if you want a twin tip go with MTM or BB.

If you cant take the point counter point then get out of the kitchen. My next comment will be to Erik to complain about this free advertising for BB exhaust. Are we clear Mr Rictus?

Milltek RS6 catback exhaust with the black oval tip are $1699 all day long. Shipping is 50 bucks. I could call Stratmosphere and get a better price if you wish.

Thanks for bumping my thread up!

However, you can't get a Milltek exhaust for <$1690. Also, I'm working on getting an Oval tip version of the exhaust from BB so please don't try to disuade others from buying these exhausts.

I'm sure there are comparison threads on this forum that can be referenced for those who are looking for them.

MaxRS6
July 18th, 2011, 20:50
I luvs my Milltek sound..downpipes and catback. I get plenty of unsolicited compliments. During my last track event at Barber, one of the flag station guys makes a point to flag me down. My first thought was "oh oh- what did Max do wrong?". Then he proceeds to tell me how he loved the sound of my car when it went WOT. There were a lot of other nice cars out there on the track so I thought it was pretty awesome that he singled mine out of the crowd and tracked me down to say so.

Don't take me wrong- we are all individuals with different preferences. As has been mentioned many times- the only way to gauge is to hear the setup in person and see what floats your individual boat..Thank the stars we are not all alike and don't have to all eat a single ice cream flavor! However; it did cost more than $1700 for the ear candy as Mr. Rictus states accurately.

Mr. Rictus
July 18th, 2011, 20:53
I checked with Erik before posting this thread since I didn't know what the rules were for initiating a Group Buy. That's why I mentioned in my thread title that he approved the thread.

The only point I'm attempting to make is that these are quality exhausts, made in the U.S. and I'd like to help myself and other members of this site get a good price on them. If people want oval tips, I'll try to get BB to make the exhaust with oval tips... it's not a complete redesign of the exhaust.

As for this being a free country, I completely agree. However when you sign up for a website, you agree to the terms and rules set by that site which I followed when I posted my thread and continued to follow when I politely and respectfylly asked you not to disuade others from buying these exhausts. I'm not sure why you responded the way you did but if you'd like to discuss it further feel free to send me a PM. :)

DHall1
July 18th, 2011, 21:08
You are asking me to silence my opinion. There lies the problem. You are pushing your opinion on others but dont like the tables turned. I dont see any personal attacks in my opinons just stating some observations.

I dont mind the free advertising for the BB group buy but this is forum to exchange ideas. I gave a couple of options and stated a opinion that "I" would not take the chance on jumping on a BB exhaust with a oval tip switched out. Thats all.

You are getting the free advertising space for the group buy. However, if the thread becomes a sell job then Erik may think twice about the approval.

If you read my post again, I dont have anything against the BB exhaust except the polished pipes and twin tips. I even give the opinion that if you want the twin tips buy the BB or MTM.

DHall1
July 18th, 2011, 21:17
Randy,

The catback is the exhaust in question. The Milltek catback for the RS6 is $1699 with the black oval tip.

I luvs my Milltek sound..downpipes and catback. I get plenty of unsolicited compliments. During my last track event at Barber, one of the flag station guys makes a point to flag me down. My first thought was "oh oh- what did Max do wrong?". Then he proceeds to tell me how he loved the sound of my car when it went WOT. There were a lot of other nice cars out there on the track so I thought it was pretty awesome that he singled mine out of the crowd and tracked me down to say so.

Don't take me wrong- we are all individuals with different preferences. As has been mentioned many times- the only way to gauge is to hear the setup in person and see what floats your individual boat..Thank the stars we are not all alike and don't have to all eat a single ice cream flavor! However; it did cost more than $1700 for the ear candy as Mr. Rictus states accurately.

DHall1
July 18th, 2011, 21:18
So, can anyone post a picture or vid with sound of the BB exhaust installed on a C5 RS6?

Why take the chance on a BB oval tip? When we can just buy the Milltek tip or full cat back for the same money? If you like the twin tip then buy BB or MTM. If you want single then Milltek is excellent.

Watch this vid from 1:43....that sounds nothing like a stock SE exhaust. IMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jix47qE20p4

MaxRS6
July 18th, 2011, 21:27
Randy,

The catback is the exhaust in question. The Milltek catback for the RS6 is $1699 with the black oval tip.

Ooooohhhh- Actually- I even paid less than 1699 for just the catback including the black tips. I purchased the catback separately about a year after I had purchased/installed the dps. For those considering- give Bob at Stratmosphere a call to get a good price comparison.

Erik
July 18th, 2011, 22:19
My next comment will be to Erik to complain about this free advertising for BB exhaust. Are we clear Mr Rictus?

Hi Dave,

If you're not interested in this group buy please stay off this thread.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email or PM.

papadoc
July 18th, 2011, 22:25
If I can get my car running properly again- new seals for the MAF sensors going in tomorrow, keeping good thoughts- I'll try to get a quick video of the sound with my gorgeous quad tip polished BB/APR exhaust ;-)...

Mr. Rictus
July 18th, 2011, 22:33
If I can get my car running properly again- new seals for the MAF sensors going in tomorrow, keeping good thoughts- I'll try to get a quick video of the sound with my gorgeous quad tip polished BB/APR exhaust ;-)...

Much appreciated! I've been searching for clips but the rarity of the RS6 makes them thin on the ground. Hope the car comes together perfectly.

Benman
July 20th, 2011, 05:30
Hi Dave,

If you're not interested in this group buy please stay off this thread.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email or PM.

I'd have to agree.

QuattroRS
July 20th, 2011, 06:49
Where do I sign up for the 9 dollars in savings again?

http://www.modbargains.com/BB-Exhaust-Audi-C5-RS6.htm

$1690 for the RS6

Free shipping in the Continental U.S. once we reach 5 orders :)

$90 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 10 orders :jlol:

$170 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 15 orders :thumb:

I'll keep it open for 2 weeks, see what we've got and then request payment via paypal. The lead time is 2-3 weeks if we get 10 orders, then up to 5 business days for shipping.

Please post up if you'd like to pick up an excellent exhaust!

speedtrapped
July 20th, 2011, 11:23
Lmao.......^^^^

MaxRS6
July 20th, 2011, 11:40
^+1- I'd have to agree...Now that is free market/comparo shopping at its' best- :jlol::jlol:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdYWKmDtS5e3dI3uSpgs8HxZhK2WdyM vPJPaN3jJHu5cT4GIKa

Mr. Rictus
July 20th, 2011, 14:44
I guess posting up to try to get RS6 and S6 owners a deal isn't appreciated?

QuattroRS, if you read the rest of what I posted you'll see that the more people who order, the more that each person saves.

Sure, $1690 is only $9 in savings, but once there are 5 people signed up you'll get free shipping. According to the site you linked to that savings will be an extra $65. I'd say $74 in savings is pretty good! So then once we've got 10 people you'll save $65 (shipping) plus another $90... That's $155 off.

Thanks for helping out in the thread! :hey:

Mr. Rictus
July 25th, 2011, 18:56
I'd like to order the exhausts in the next few days... Is anyone else interested?

Lane
July 26th, 2011, 03:44
You could just remove the resinator and the mufflers go from the cat's with 2.5" tube and place a set of 3" Borla XR1's just behind the bumper with any tip you want and have it all done by your local muffer shop for about $600 and it scares the crap out of anything and you can play with different mufflers too! Just have the shop slip a set on the 2.5" tube behind the bumper befor they weld it up! My S6 Avant scared a Z06 driver in the express tunnels so bad when i put my foot down he backed off and would'nt race !

QuattroRS
July 26th, 2011, 04:32
Run and save the kids...its the attack of the killer S6's

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/holding_breath.jpg
Is this group buy over yet?

Lane
July 26th, 2011, 05:00
HA HA Look Kids he has a turbo!

Benman
July 26th, 2011, 20:37
Not sure what the point of posting is when there is no interest in the group buy? Erik already commented on this back on page 2. If you're not interested, don't post. Simple.

Ben

DHall1
July 27th, 2011, 05:42
The thread keeps getting bumped to the top by the OP. Thats fine, people will voice an opinion good or bad or so/so. If the OP is so thin skinned about long term RS6 owners voicing an opinion and RS6.com wants to ban these long term forum members over such a infraction then so be it. It is what it is and life goes on.

Erik
July 27th, 2011, 13:57
I am on holiday in France and have better things to do than read this.
Like drinking my Sangria and catching the sun.

Will read and take actions later, so please consider if you're 8 or older before posting.

Also, anyone not interested in the GB who would like to post, please consider twice before pressing the button.

Thanks.

Benman
July 27th, 2011, 13:58
I have not heard of a member getting banned over this matter. I have however, heard of a member wanting to quit the forum over it! Who would really be thin skinned? ;)