PDA

View Full Version : RS 5 plus, will there be one!?

AndyBG
July 6th, 2011, 23:08
BMW has released M3 GTS, Mercedes is about to present C 63 AMG Black Series... Is there a need for RS 5 plus...!?

youry
July 6th, 2011, 23:11
probably there will be later on A5 life is far from over. we are just in middle life really...

Joker
July 7th, 2011, 03:05
If they did then I doubt it will offer more power, instead it will drop weight significantly so.

JavierNuvolari
July 7th, 2011, 15:34
A lightweight version of it would be nice, 200 kilo less would make it a whole new car.

The RS6
July 7th, 2011, 15:50
+A 4.0T which could also be used in RS4...

youry
July 8th, 2011, 00:56
come back to real life guys.... a change of engine and 200 Kgs less is definate only true igf you sniffed some cocaine.... in real world. if it exists it will likely be like RS6 V10 plus.... a marketing thing not more...

tvrfan
July 8th, 2011, 13:52
audi needs such brand-shaper like bmw has with csl and gts and AMG black series :((

Joker
July 8th, 2011, 23:50
come back to real life guys.... a change of engine and 200 Kgs less is definate only true igf you sniffed some cocaine.... in real world. if it exists it will likely be like RS6 V10 plus.... a marketing thing not more...

I doubt an engine swap would be on the cards but some form of a weight lose program is possible and probably the more likely, though I doubt 200kgs could ever be achieveable without a huge increase in retail price.

A RS5+ won't be the same as either a CSL or GTS M3, these two are out and out trackday cars of which the RS5 could never be. Much better to address the complaints that have been levelled at it which is lack of involvement and excessive weight.

soda
July 9th, 2011, 20:46
youry: When you look at BMW and Mercedes, it is not at all a dream, the M3 GTS has a specific engine, and that of the C63 has more power! Then why not Audi ?

soda
July 9th, 2011, 20:51
Moreover, as a premium brand, if Audi wants to compete with BMW and Mercedes, their products must be the best, and not just the lesser.

Mr Balsen
July 10th, 2011, 07:45
my little finger who was at Ingolstadt not later than yesterday was told during lunch that there is prototype of very light RS5 using same carbon approach as for the Lamborghini Aventador. -300 kilos is the target. And because it was a great lunch, my little finger was told that another prototype of an RS5 with the new V8 turbo is also being driven around. Combination of both will be called Audi RS5-R

Frederic

The RS6
July 10th, 2011, 09:04
my little finger who was at Ingolstadt not later than yesterday was told during lunch that there is prototype of very light RS5 using same carbon approach as for the Lamborghini Aventador. -300 kilos is the target. And because it was a great lunch, my little finger was told that another prototype of an RS5 with the new V8 turbo is also being driven around. Combination of both will be called Audi RS5-R

Frederic

a change of engine and 200 Kgs less is definate only true igf you sniffed some cocaine...

Looks like boys at Audi love the white stuff :D

Geronimo
August 23rd, 2011, 10:54
I heard from Audi that the RS5 FL model will eventually get the 4.2 V8 engine with an turbo setup. The known problem is that the 450hp which Audi promotes, will not come out of the engine on most of the dyno runs. So it really could be that they do not only FL mods to the headlights, MMI, bumbers etc. I cross my fingers for this as I´m waiting to order a new RS5 and if there will be a RS5-R model then I´ll go with this one. :RS5fan:

youry
August 23rd, 2011, 23:24
very skeptical about this honestly. nobody has seen ansy prototype rs5 driving around with other engines and Fl will be release soon, so this is for me a dream only....

Geronimo
August 24th, 2011, 08:44
I know what you mean, but the thing is, that we do not see what engines were setup when you see the cars on a test driving session. There must be difference in the power of the RS5 regarding to the new RS4 which will be come with a 4.0ltr V8 engine. At the moment, it could be a dream, but sometimes dreams come true :lovl:

youry
August 26th, 2011, 10:51
you will see that no changes in engine....

AndyBG
August 26th, 2011, 11:31
IMHO, if there be RS 5 plus, it will be little bit lighter with this same engine, maybe slightly powerful, up to 450 hp, top!