PDA

View Full Version : RS6 2003 Spare Suspension Parts, Anyone Need Some?

T-elospathic
July 3rd, 2011, 21:05
I've still got the entire stock suspension (springs, shocks, reservoirs, and hoses) from when I did the full-suspension STaSiS C5 swap. I'm not sure how much of this is useful, since they were oil-charged, does anyone know? Does anyone need something from this? I'm getting tired of looking at it do nothing..

melsas
July 3rd, 2011, 21:35
Would you give us your impressions of the Stasis suspension? (Ohlins)
How does the ride quality & handling compare to the stock DRC?

hahnmgh63
July 3rd, 2011, 21:35
Good candidates for the dumpster. Too many special tools needed to work on the DRC.

V8weight
July 3rd, 2011, 21:56
I'd drag all of the spare DRC parts out to a field somewhere and go "office space" on their ass.....
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/office-space.jpg

T-elospathic
July 3rd, 2011, 22:26
Loling@V8weight's remarks..but it seems they aren't very useful, methinks you'd have to have a dealer replace them as you'd have to discharge the res to do anything but MAYBE the springs.

As for my review of the Stasis suspension, this is why I like it better: Lower, tighter, manually adjustable reservoirs (a BIG plus in my book), not to mention stiffer. The reservoirs also make the engine compartment look more..ominous. I plan on putting servos on them to make the adjustment controllable by a dial inside the car, perhaps mounted next to the ESP button on the dash.

I've also heard that the DRC is notorious for leaking.. (that was the justification, anyways).