PDA

View Full Version : ACE TC in!

lswing
June 29th, 2011, 03:26
Thanks for all the good advice everyone. After many hours of cursing my mechanic pulled the tranny out the bottom, new TC and drive shaft, filter, fluids. Drive and power of the car is really feeling good. Appreciating the paddle shifting more than ever with the new TC! Putting the Mtm shift chip in a few weeks.

Going in for an alignment, getting a bit of vibration on turning around and parking, should clear that up.

Did a slight launch in tip a few days ago, traction control kicked in, might turn it off next time so the car keeps full power. Anyhow, getting it dialed in after all my initial struggles.

I still wonder about my drc, seems firm, maybe too much? No records on it being rebuilt, but the car has that "riding cowboy" style with the back being up an inch or two. Or is that just so you can fit people in the back, load the trunk, and not have the rear sag...

Thanks!

4everRS
June 29th, 2011, 03:37
Congrats on the TC job. That was quick. Mtm chip will be a noticable improvement.

If your riding high in the back, you've likely had the recall done. Tell your mechanic to mark alignment bolts in the rear, lossen suspension with car on the ground, bounce on the trunk opening several times and load weight in it while the bolts tighten back down. Its not suppose to ride like that. And yes, this is a performance car first, it is firm.

ben916
June 29th, 2011, 03:38
I still wonder about my drc, seems firm, maybe too much? No records on it being rebuilt, but the car has that "riding cowboy" style with the back being up an inch or two. Or is that just so you can fit people in the back, load the trunk, and not have the rear sag...

Thanks!

That "Roadrunner" look is typical of the recalled version of the DRC - the tech that installed it didn't put load on the car before tightening things up, hence the +2 or +3 inch gap in wheel arches, and extra load on the front - which it REALLY doesn't need...IIRC someone saying that their service manager stated that the DRC system that is pressurized to 15-20 Bar will "settle after a while"... Who is the F*CKING rocket scientist on that one? When EVER does a hydraulically pressurized system "settle" unless there is a leak?!?!?

Ok, I am done...

lswing
June 30th, 2011, 03:33
Thanks much for the info on the car being hot rod in the back. I'll have my mechanic check it out when it's next in.

Went for the stock alignment provided by the Hunter system, toe good, camber bad. I've got a bent right lower control arm, or something else is out of whack. You can even see the wheel sits back in the well. The bolts are one time use only so we didn't try an adjustment there. Any of you ever do that? It's not to spec, but can work they said.

Anyhow, car is smooth with a slight pull to the right. And a rocket! Paddle shifting seamless 1-4 has me doing 80 in no time, love it! Groceries in the back and heated leather on, damn this car is nice....