PDA

View Full Version : OT (sort of) I just saw my first "Dame Edna" on the road

Alan
October 3rd, 2003, 22:53
A.K.A the new BMW 5 series. I wonder if the world will warm up to that look. I can't imagine how they will give the new M5 the characteristic BMW M series "macho" look, based on that design. I guess the 500hp V10 will help people forget, but I don't think I could.

Klint
October 3rd, 2003, 23:33
Originally posted by Alan
A.K.A the new BMW 5 series. I wonder if the world will warm up to that look. I can't imagine how they will give the new M5 the characteristic BMW M series "macho" look, based on that design. I guess the 500hp V10 will help people forget, but I don't think I could.

Hi,

I'm not liking the new designs that BMW are coming out with, the seven ruined it, both front, rear and interior designs, followed by the front of the Z4 and now the front and the interior of the fiver.

Even with 500bhp churning away under the 'hood'/bonnet I wont be tempted. The handling is supposed to be top notch though and so is the price! An estimated price of around $100k will be required to get hold of one of those ugly duckling M5s. I'll keep the E39 thank you.

But you got to hold up your glass to BMW for trying to improve on perfection. :D

"The King (E39 M5) is dead - Long live the King" -Tiff Needel speaking about the E39 M5.

:cheers: