PDA

View Full Version : Hi...

JT
June 21st, 2011, 15:39
First post on RS6.com but long time AW member - actually since 'JET's A4.org' days! I had a '99 A4 1.8Tq from 11/98 up until a year ago, when I finally sold it. I was Audiless for just about a year but I'm now pleased to report I just picked up an '02 S6 Avant. Looking forward to meeting some of you (if we haven't crossed paths before) at various get-to-gethers and perhaps partcipating in another quattro club (Audi Club of NA) event in the near future.

Thanks,

-Jeff
current: '02 S6 Avant, light silver metallic/black
previous: '99 A4 1.8Tq, aluminum silver metallic/black

ben916
June 21st, 2011, 17:31
Welcome!

Please update your location!

Aronis
June 21st, 2011, 18:03
Welcome.

hahnmgh63
June 21st, 2011, 18:36
Welcome JT, you need to post a couple of pics of the Avant.

ThrillHouse
June 21st, 2011, 19:17
Welcome - I'm new here too.

Actually looked at one S6 Avant (also silver) in CT before the RS6 and was going to look at a black S6 Avant after... The RS6 hooked me though

-Greg

Jimmy
June 21st, 2011, 20:09
Good to see you here Jeff (and Greg). :hey: C5s rock !

I gots to have you , Jeff, and Scott over soon ! We're all like almost neighbors.

nene
June 22nd, 2011, 02:24
Welcome JT. Pix always a must. The S6 is a sweet piece of arse if I may say so. I see one come by my office every morning like clock work. The C5 was/is a great platform.

TozoM8
June 22nd, 2011, 02:47
First post on RS6.com but long time AW member - actually since 'JET's A4.org' days! I had a '99 A4 1.8Tq from 11/98 up until a year ago, when I finally sold it. I was Audiless for just about a year but I'm now pleased to report I just picked up an '02 S6 Avant. Looking forward to meeting some of you (if we haven't crossed paths before) at various get-to-gethers and perhaps partcipating in another quattro club (Audi Club of NA) event in the near future.

Thanks,

-Jeff
current: '02 S6 Avant, light silver metallic/black

previous: '99 A4 1.8Tq, aluminum silver metallic/black

Bring your car to S fest. http://www.sfest.com/

JT
June 22nd, 2011, 03:13
Thanks, guys. Jimmy, bring it on! =) ThrillHouse, how long ago were you looking at said silver S6 in CT (wonder if it was the same one)? Anyway, not a surprise the RS6 one you over. I love the fact that both the S6 (C5) and RS6 are pretty rare cars! I promise to post pics soon. I'll tell you a little more about it...I knew the previous owner, who only owned it for a year, it has 80K miles on it, timing belt & water pump done 9K mile ago (when previous owner initially took ownership). Actually, here is what I've done (or had done) to the car thus far:

1) Purchased an Audi first aid kit since my car didn't come with one
2) Purchased a 'quattro' stainless steel license plate frame kit (which also came with silver Audi valve stem caps and a stainless steel key chain (spare key on it).
3) Had dealer install childs LATCH system(to appease wife), although I'm not sure how soon I'll be moving their seats into my car. ;-)
4) Had my mechanic, who inspected the car before I bought it, address the issues he previously found, which included:
a) transmission fluid gasket needed to be replaced; so was the fluid & filter
b) left front wheel bearing replaced
c) left sideview mirror glass replaced
d) left front door lower molding/'apron' re-secured (was a little loose)

5) still need to get a cargo net (car was supposed to come w/one, but mine didn't)

The car currently has relatively new Continental DSW all season tires on the factory 17" Avus wheels. I'd like to purchase 18" OEM RS6 wheels and some 255/35 performance summer tires for them and eventually convert the 17" Avus wheels into snow/winter wheels. My mechanic said the exhaust has a small leak (hole) that will probably lget worse in 2-3 years. At that time, I'd like to purchase a nice, stainless steel exhaust - probably the Milltek. That's about it. I just want to take care of it and keep up w/the maintainence...and enjoy it for years to come!

ThrillHouse
June 22nd, 2011, 13:53
My bad - it was black. There was another silver RS6 that I was looking at.

Sounds like you got a great car! If I saw that one I probably would have been responsible and kept the expense and repair costs down ;) Driving the RS6 left reason on the road behind me

ttboost
June 23rd, 2011, 00:46
Welcome...!!!!

4everRS
June 23rd, 2011, 04:07
Were there going to be pics in this thread? Tick tock, where are they?

JT
June 23rd, 2011, 04:41
Were there going to be pics in this thread? Tick tock, where are they?

ok, OK! I will get something posted tomorrow (although I just drove it in the rain tonight)! =)

Benman
June 23rd, 2011, 05:02
I love the fact that both the S6 (C5) and RS6 are pretty rare cars! To be honest, I see more RS 6s than I see S6s, so yeah, definitely a rare find! Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Ben :addict:

ben916
June 23rd, 2011, 05:27
To be honest, I see more RS 6s than I see S6s, so yeah, definitely a rare find! Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Ben :addict:

I agree, I think the S6 is more rare to see than an RS6.
On a side note, I rounded up 6 RS6 (including Benman) and there was ONE S6 (license plate was "CALL AAA")

JT
June 23rd, 2011, 23:16
Not the best pic considering it was 1) taken from my iPad, 2) the car isn't clean and 3) the weather left a bit to be desired, but it should suffice, for now...