PDA

View Full Version : BBS RIMS on 21 –65 - 19 RADIAL X MICHELIN PILOTS

will
October 3rd, 2003, 21:25
they are for sale:

Hello ,

Firstly apologies for the delay due to camera problems. In the end a friends pocket digital camera came to the rescue with the assistance of the local flood lit pub car park. The pictures seem to have come out quite well despite being taken after last orders.

They have been taken with the following description in mind.

i am sure your familiar with motorsport and will understand what we have here.
What we have is a set of magnesium rims by BBS, which are exceedingly lightweight, the reason for this is acceleration and handling. Such rims are used in prestigious (expensive!) series such as Porsche cup, gt, touring car etc. This means that as well as looking stunning on the car there are many competitive benefits.

As you can tell from the pictures, 2 rims are totally unused and 'tyre-less' and 2 are fitted with the tyres detailed above which are known as intermediates, very usable and long lasting on circuits but not ideal for road. (unbelievably low profile and grip)Do you go to Nurburgring?.

You will also notice a large centre hole in the wheels for a single stud (think brembo brake overhaul possibly required), however we looked into this and it is quite easy and safe to modify the bbs wheel / wheel mount on car to fit using normal studs and normal brakes.(phew)

In the final picture we have put 1 wheel and tyre next to a standard peug 306, this shows that we have as much chance fitting to this car as……… well you can imagine. I have seen wheels this size fitted to road cars, including Porsche, without changes to arches etc.

To conclude, we purchased these 4 rims and 2 tyres towards the end of my motorsport career (2001)for intended use on a group B rally car converted for track use and for shows, as they are truly stunning.
(for similar see : http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1915 )
Genuinely (but unfortunately) these haven’t yet turned a wheel for us. (I even considered at one point that with some circular glass they would make a lovely set of coffee tables).

mmmmm…… Which is why I would like them to go to somebody who can get the best out of them. Absolutely stunning.
Cost? I believe that the tyres where £200 each when last checked (you need 2 to complete) and the rims are £400 each also.

offers around £1k please

I am located in the North West, near 3 sisters race circuit.

Cheers

will

www.itsasteel.co.uk