PDA

View Full Version : Automatic opened windows...

kilian tuning
June 19th, 2011, 08:27
Yesterday in my garage i discovered all my windows were open while doors locked, no alarm heard....the car hasnt hit the road for some weeks. maybe my keys got pressed in my pocket (if thats possible, with a combination of holding some buttons or just one on my key the windows automatically open)...or the car invites my to take her for a drive after a month of doing nothing...i hope it doesnt happen when parked somewhere else outside my garage.

JSRS6
June 19th, 2011, 13:44
I've heard of one doing this, but not ALL at once! That's crazy!

hahnmgh63
June 19th, 2011, 16:34
You can program it to open the windows with the key but that also unlocks the doors. Sounds like a problem with the Central Locking control module if the windows were down and the doors still locked. You could try Vagcom on the Central locking module. It may have been a fluke and may not happen again but who knows.

4everRS
June 19th, 2011, 22:03
Mark, does this have to be done through vagcom? I thought there was a way to program this so if you'd press the unlock button twice and hold down the second time it happens. Visa versa for locking. I would like to have this functionality.
You can program it to open the windows with the key but that also unlocks the doors. Sounds like a problem with the Central Locking control module if the windows were down and the doors still locked. You could try Vagcom on the Central locking module. It may have been a fluke and may not happen again but who knows.

JSRS6
June 19th, 2011, 22:52
Yes, it has to be done through vag-com.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec36.shtml

kilian tuning
June 20th, 2011, 09:22
Thanks, i will turn it off....

ThrillHouse
June 20th, 2011, 15:37
Any chance that the pinch protection flipped out and thought there was a pinch situation - then all the windows went down?

-Greg

Aronis
June 20th, 2011, 21:47
If you hold the key fob button down long enought the windows will go done and the car will unlock.

But if you do not open a door after 60 seconds (if I recall the time) the car WILL RELOCK.

The windows would then stay open.

You probably sat on the key fob just right for just long enough.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

yokust
June 21st, 2011, 02:44
NON-US audis and vws come with this feature standard. And if you hold the lock button it should roll up all windows and close sunroof if open. Its a great feature on a hot day when walking up to the car!

Us people in the states have to code this into our modules.

But I agree with Aronis, probably just an accident