PDA

View Full Version : S6, S7 and S8 details according to Autobild

Joker
June 17th, 2011, 21:25
Upcoming Audi S8, S7, S6 and RS6 details emerge
2012 Audi S8 is expected to makes its debut at the Frankfurt motor show this fall

German car magazine Auto Bild has the scoop on the upcoming S8, S7, S6 and RS6 models from Audi.
First up is the S8, which is expected to make its debut at the Frankfurt motor show in September.
The S8 will feature a new 4.0 liter, twin-turbo V8, developed together and shared with sister brand Bentley, with an output of approximately 500 PS (368 kW / 493 bhp). That beats the previous S8 by 50 PS but the new model will still outdo it on fuel-economy by about 20 percent. The S8 will come with an 8-speed automatic gearbox and Quattro all-wheel drive as standard.
Following on its heels will be an introduction of the 2012 Audi S6 and S7 models at the Los Angeles auto show. Both the S6 and the S7 also get the new 4.0 liter V8, with 440 PS (324 kW / 434 bhp) and 470 PS (346 kW / 464 bhp), respectively. Although, Auto Bild doesn't specify whether they get naturally-aspirated, single-turbo or twin-turbo variants of the unit.
Finally, comes the RS6 which will get that 4.0 liter, twin-turbo V8 too as Audi appears to be making the most out of the power plant. The unit will be configured to deliver 580 PS (427 kW / 572 bhp) and keep the model competitive with its arch-rival - the recently unveiled BMW (F10) M5 which comes with 560 PS (412 kW / 552 hp) and 680 Nm (502 lb-ft) of torque.
We've also previously reported that an RS7 is expected with that 4.0 liter, twin-turbo V8 tuned to around the 600 PS (441 kW / 592 bhp) mark.
Auto Bild says the RS6 will launch in late 2012.

Read more: Upcoming Audi S8, S7, S6 and RS6 details emerge

Joker
June 17th, 2011, 21:27
The only thing I am questioning is the difference in output between the S6 and S7, these are basically the same car bar body styling so why the different power figure?

JSRS6
June 18th, 2011, 01:46
The consumer. They have to tier the Hp levels the same as they tier the pricing on model lines. So s6, s7 then s8 with a little Hp jump with price jump. And the rs6 will debut in time for the Midwest AudiFest. Hopefully we can have mk1, 2 and 3 rs6 at the event.

4everRS
June 18th, 2011, 01:59
I don't give a rip about this unless I get confirmation they bring it to the US

Ruergard
June 18th, 2011, 08:47
Same hp as the last RS6...? :vhmmm:

The RS6
June 18th, 2011, 09:15
Same hp as the last RS6...? :vhmmm:

It was more than enough. They need to reduce weight...

darkop
June 18th, 2011, 09:56
The article is utter BS. We already know the specs (except for RS6/7)...

absent
June 18th, 2011, 13:32
I don't give a rip about this unless I get confirmation they bring it to the US
Exactly!
I'm tired reading about all the good stuff the rest of the World gets.
Of course it's not Audi's fault,it's our idiotic legal system with over abundance of lawyers......

Ruergard
June 18th, 2011, 20:29
It was more than enough. They need to reduce weight...

Ofcourse, no more power is needed. (;)) But I can't see them giving it exactly the same numbers, seems a little bit weird. But the other info is also questionable so we'll just see.

Benman
June 19th, 2011, 02:04
Exactly!
I'm tired reading about all the good stuff the rest of the World gets.
Of course it's not Audi's fault,it's our idiotic legal system with over abundance of lawyers...... Amen! :cheers:

Joker
June 19th, 2011, 16:34
Why assume none of these will come to America, there are very good reasons why they all will.

1/ with pressure from the public they decided to bring both the TTRS and RS5.
2/ Audi have openly made it public knowledge that they intend to become a major player in the States, competing strongly against both Mercedes and BMW who both offer their appetiser models there.
3/ these models are more enviornmentally friend than any S/RS model that's ever come before them.
4/ each of these will be better than the models they are competing against which will get they the upper hand to win over the American public.

4everRS
June 19th, 2011, 22:07
I hope your right joker. If I were to bet on it I would probably bet that they bring it to the US. But, until I actually hear it from Audi themselves, I'm not getting excited about it.

mmaturo
June 21st, 2011, 01:41
I hope your right joker. If I were to bet on it I would probably bet that they bring it to the US. But, until I actually hear it from Audi themselves, I'm not getting excited about it.

Have to agree...RS5 huh...in line STILL on the waiting list at my dealer to order it and waiting till next year...what the F. Bought my S5 to hold me over after already waiting all these years with my C5 RS6 for the C6 that never came. So sure we get the RS5 ummm, much later...it better be more than cosmetic changes for the delay to 2012. So now I'm in line for RS5, S6/7 and all MIGHT come in 2012. OK. Sure. And 10 years for the US to get the C7 RS6...thanks Audi.

TTRS was faster to our market at least but only manual...I would rather have the dual clutch auto as I have limited use of an arm from an injury...and its faster than me rowing even intact... so no good there.

Joker
June 22nd, 2011, 08:17
It's inexcusable that Audi failed to bring the C6 RS6, I do know that originally the intention was to bring it because I recall a conversation with an chief Audi insider that stated so but alas the decision changed for one reason or another. I don't believe this will happen again.