PDA

View Full Version : Into the shop next week!

lswing
June 16th, 2011, 18:16
Well I've got the new TC unit from A.C.E., redoing tranny seals, filter, fluid, O2 sensors, and putting in the MTM TCU chip. Really looking forward to actually being able to drive the car! If anyone has input on anything else to do while I'm apart in the shop let me know.

Besides the obviously slipping TC, I do get shudder under heavy load. Guessing this is from the TC being bad?, the car is not giving any other codes about other problems. We'll take a look at the engine mounts when the car is apart too. If the shudder was caused by the tranny I would hope to be getting some sort of code.

Advice?

Also, the car has a REVO stage 1 tune I believe, due to looking at old service records. It certainly has power. I haven't had a chance to log data to confirm.

Thanks!

Elevens
June 17th, 2011, 02:46
Don't want to scare you, but mine started to shudder a little time after I had replaced the TC and Valve Body, so it probably had nothing to do with either. At any rate she started to slip and that's all she wrote. Tranny out and gone for a rebuild. Every body's situation is different. I hope your good with just a TC. Good luck..................

lswing
June 17th, 2011, 15:55
I'm hoping that if the clutches in the tranny were slipping I would get a code? I guess we'll see what the fluid looks like when we pull it, fingers crossed. What have people payed for a tranny rebuild? My impression has been they're around 3-4k?

Just a note, the shudder has mostly happened on an uphill, or full foot down flat 60-100. The shudder was worse on the uphill due to the heavier load I'm sure.

Elevens
June 17th, 2011, 16:58
Yeah about $4-5K If you include Trucking and a beefed up TC. My only worry is that even after all of this, there is still no guaranty that this will last the life of the car. I guess if you want to play, you will pay. And that shudder in my case was only under WOT........