PDA

View Full Version : Someone made some VERY good numbers on the dyno

PALETTE
June 16th, 2011, 14:48
I'm going to wait for him to tell everyone.. And all he has is a Tune. WOW IMPRESIVE i would say!
:hahahehe:

JSRS6
June 16th, 2011, 14:49
The excitement is killing me!

PALETTE
June 16th, 2011, 14:56
The excitement is killing me!

For what he has its amazing! and he did it on a dyno that is not generous at all!

4everRS
June 16th, 2011, 16:17
I assume it was Mike on a mustang dyno?

speedtrapped
June 16th, 2011, 16:41
come Mike, spit it out.... how did u do at E-town yesterday?

JSRS6
June 16th, 2011, 17:35
Yes Mike, everyone is on the edge of their seats....

PALETTE
June 16th, 2011, 18:35
he made xxx hp and xxx tq on the dyno he had problems getting down the track from what i head but made good numbers

1 bad 03 rs6
June 16th, 2011, 20:10
he made xxx hp and xxx tq on the dyno he had problems getting down the track from what i head but made good numbers

I talked to him while he was putting some race gas in right after the Dyno run. We'll let him tell.... Impressive indeed.

amanda
June 16th, 2011, 23:38
come on spill
:)

ben916
June 17th, 2011, 00:29
As I once busted the Great Randy, show some photos/video or it didn't happen... just saying

MaxRS6
June 17th, 2011, 00:51
^^^LOL^^^ Right on time is Big Ben....

I look forward to hearing- It sounds great that all the hard effort paid off..

ttboost
June 17th, 2011, 01:21
Sorry guys..didn't see this thread happening...as was said...fairly happy with the dyno numbers, but track performance, slightly less than...well OK it sucked. Dyno'd on EPL's Mustang dyno, stock I believe was 318/340 (don't have the sheet) way back in cool December. Yesterday it made 400/460 and it was 94degrees and muggy in the shop. I have an EPL flash and an ACE TC.
I went to Englishtown last night where I promptly let the RS6 world down. 12.8 at 109.77 was the best I could do. 2.0 60ft. Can't figure out how to launch this thing. I don't really care as it's NOT a race car...but aggravating just the same...It seems the application of throttle is WAYYYY more sensitive on this car than any other I have driven...I PBox'd all my runs in 10mph increments and have weird data. The times are all over the board at each increment. If I take the best of each increment, I would've run a 12.4...what I expected...but woulda coulda shoulda...it is what it is...

PALETTE
June 17th, 2011, 02:44
Still ran solid in my opinion! Once the weather cools off I am sure it will be a heck of a lot better

ttboost
June 17th, 2011, 02:48
Thanks Corey, I think I'll stick to my 8 second bikes...

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 03:12
109-110 MPH trap speeds are about what a healthy RS6 runs stock. With a custom tune, you should be running 115+ with no other mods. I had a Mugello Blue RS6 too and with over 200K on the clock it ran 11.9 @ 117 MPH with just a tune. Ran it at the same track you ran at too:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-20032.html

You may want to consider taking your RS6 back to EPL.

Sorry guys..didn't see this thread happening...as was said...fairly happy with the dyno numbers, but track performance, slightly less than...well OK it sucked. Dyno'd on EPL's Mustang dyno, stock I believe was 318/340 (don't have the sheet) way back in cool December. Yesterday it made 400/460 and it was 94degrees and muggy in the shop. I have an EPL flash and an ACE TC.
I went to Englishtown last night where I promptly let the RS6 world down. 12.8 at 109.77 was the best I could do. 2.0 60ft. Can't figure out how to launch this thing. I don't really care as it's NOT a race car...but aggravating just the same...It seems the application of throttle is WAYYYY more sensitive on this car than any other I have driven...I PBox'd all my runs in 10mph increments and have weird data. The times are all over the board at each increment. If I take the best of each increment, I would've run a 12.4...what I expected...but woulda coulda shoulda...it is what it is...

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 03:27
Mike with those #'s u should consider what elevens is doing....beefing up your tranny, bigger or better valve body, extra clutch packs, etc..seriously I have an extra trans, that was just freshly rebuilt, I will sale it to ya for a very good price. Drop it off to 517, beef it up and mate the new and improved to your beastly engine, especially if ur adding meth, piggies etc.

V8weight
June 17th, 2011, 03:42
Mike with those #'s u should consider what elevens is doing....beefing up your tranny, bigger or better valve body, extra clutch packs, etc..seriously I have an extra trans, that was just freshly rebuilt, I will sale it to ya for a very good price. Drop it off to 517, beef it up and mate the new and improved to your beastly engine, especially if ur adding meth, piggies etc.
I agree....do what Elevens (and myself) is doing....go with the Viper tune :) I seem to remember running 13.04 @ 108 100% bone stock....

PALETTE
June 17th, 2011, 04:49
I agree....do what Elevens (and myself) is doing....go with the Viper tune :) I seem to remember running 13.04 @ 108 100% bone stock....

It has nothing to do with the tune at all. Trust me that's not the issue. I'm sure Mike will get it sorted out.

DHall1
June 17th, 2011, 07:20
Post up the dyno graphs. The plots and shape of the curve matter just as much as the peak numbers.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/Sibilia_RS6_Dyno_Runs_2.jpg

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 11:17
Memories.....

4everRS
June 17th, 2011, 13:28
No dave. The shape and area under the curve matter MORE.

V8weight
June 17th, 2011, 13:51
The color of the lines are the most important of all........

PALETTE
June 17th, 2011, 14:11
Post up the dyno graphs. The plots and shape of the curve matter just as much as the peak numbers.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/Sibilia_RS6_Dyno_Runs_2.jpg

Nice graph is that the stock one?

Tony@EPL
June 17th, 2011, 15:38
109-110 MPH trap speeds are about what a healthy RS6 runs stock. With a custom tune, you should be running 115+ with no other mods. I had a Mugello Blue RS6 too and with over 200K on the clock it ran 11.9 @ 117 MPH with just a tune. Ran it at the same track you ran at too:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-20032.html

You may want to consider taking your RS6 back to EPL.

Somethings change... somethings never will. Marc, you're a troll and you will always be a troll.

Back story for those that dont know.... Marc has been band literally 50 times from audiworld, quattroworld, audizine etc. He's stolen other tuners hard work and called it his own.... and really has never added a single positive thing to any community he has been a part of.

Mike has his baseline of the car stock at the track...now he has a MUCH faster time flashed.

Congrats Mike for a few solid shake down passes!

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 15:48
corey I take offense to that.....Dave and Jerry have done some awesome work, and the stage 2 flash was awesome, and very safe.... many tuners can explode boost quickly with the k04's, but as Pat has said in past, "feel good tunes" are just that, and not the best for longevity....and if you were kiddin, well hell I always shoot first and ask questions later.

PALETTE
June 17th, 2011, 16:01
corey I take offense to that.....Dave and Jerry have done some awesome work, and the stage 2 flash was awesome, and very safe.... many tuners can explode boost quickly with the k04's, but as Pat has said in past, "feel good tunes" are just that, and not the best for longevity....and if you were kiddin, well hell I always shoot first and ask questions later.

No i'm just asking i wasnt sure if this was the stock Graph that was mentioned before. Thats why i asked if it was the stock one. I always thought that a good Health RS6 would be making 400 on a Dynojet

PALETTE
June 17th, 2011, 16:04
Somethings change... somethings never will. Marc, you're a troll and you will always be a troll.

Back story for those that dont know.... Marc has been band literally 50 times from audiworld, quattroworld, audizine etc. He's stolen other tuners hard work and called it his own.... and really has never added a single positive thing to any community he has been a part of.

Mike has his baseline of the car stock at the track...now he has a MUCH faster time flashed.

Congrats Mike for a few solid shake down passes!

Hmmmmmm someone is upset this morning

Oh and Welcome to the Board Tony

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 16:04
HUh, stock 450hp, 424hp awp, u think dynojet that generous....wrong sir, wrong(good ole GW) that graph was VA dyno day in jan, we had 9 RS6, several stock, the delta(cause that is what matters) was stock 360ishhp vs 424hp stage2, same day, same dyno and dynojet

Tony@EPL
June 17th, 2011, 16:05
Hmmmmmm someone is upset this morning

Oh and Welcome to the Board Tony

Sorry that was my first post... But being upset someone has stolen your intellectual property and sold it as their own is VERY warranted in my opinion.

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 16:07
and yes we have the graphs...matter of fact, cause I am at work...josh has the graphs as well

PALETTE
June 17th, 2011, 16:15
Sorry that was my first post... But being upset someone has stolen your intellectual property and sold it as their own is VERY warranted in my opinion.

Very Very true!!, Just dont get the Vespa Stolen buddy!

Erik
June 17th, 2011, 16:19
I can see where this is going. Mods will be watching this thread.

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 17:02
There's no need to bash me for merely pointing out that a stock RS6 runs 12.8-12.9 @ 108-110 MPH. Even C&D got a 12.8 @ 108 MPH and enthusiasts can typically beat their times rather easily:

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/original/application/eeff9cd4f2cca05e68fe73fc6ae1464d.pdf

Over two years ago I worked hard developing dozens of tunes for the RS6, constantly learning new things and revising them as I went along. I spent many late nights working hard to perfect and optimize the tune to my specific RS6. The results speak for themselves:

11.59 @ 118.63 on Dragtimes.com (http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-17901.html)
11.93 @ 116.91 on Dragtimes.com (http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-20032.html)

According to the data logs, my grey car would have went 11.3-11.4 with the latest tune but my input shaft twisted like a pretzel before I had the opportunity to run it at the strip again.

Anyone can make baseless accusations but accusing someone without a shred of evidence makes you lose credibility. I challenge you to post any evidence whatsoever that the RS6 tunes which I developed (and even refused to sell to the general public) are anything but my own. I have already backed up my software with proven real world results.

If you're going to accuse someone of stealing your work at least have results that can compare even slightly, as one full second and 8 MPH in the 1/4 mile is HUGE. We're talking over a 100 horsepower difference here. Why on god's green earth would I or anyone else want to steal software that runs the same numbers as stock? That just defies common sense.

Tony@EPL
June 17th, 2011, 17:12
There's no need to bash me for merely pointing out that a stock RS6 runs 12.8-12.9 @ 108-110 MPH. Even C&D got a 12.8 @ 108 MPH and enthusiasts can typically beat their times rather easily:

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/original/application/eeff9cd4f2cca05e68fe73fc6ae1464d.pdf

Over two years ago I worked hard developing dozens of tunes for the RS6, constantly learning new things and revising them as I went along. I spent many late nights working hard to perfect and optimize the tune to my specific RS6. The results speak for themselves:

11.59 @ 118.63 on Dragtimes.com (http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-17901.html)
11.93 @ 116.91 on Dragtimes.com (http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-20032.html)

According to the data logs, my grey car would have went 11.3-11.4 with the latest tune but my input shaft twisted like a pretzel before I had the opportunity to run it at the strip again.

Anyone can make baseless accusations but accusing someone without a shred of evidence makes you lose credibility. I challenge you to post any evidence whatsoever that the RS6 tunes which I developed (and even refused to sell to the general public) are anything but my own. I have already backed up my software with proven real world results.

If you're going to accuse someone of stealing your work at least have results that can compare even slightly, as one full second and 8 MPH in the 1/4 mile is HUGE. We're talking over a 100 horsepower difference here. Why on god's green earth would I or anyone else want to steal software that runs the same numbers as stock? That just defies common sense.

Marc, don't try to act like a good guy because people don't know you in this community.

My customer has his et/mph baseline, and greatly improved on this with his flash. This is an apples to apples compare showing real results.

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 17:20
If you and/or your customer is content with running the same numbers as a stock RS6 then all the more power to you. I was just trying to point him in the right direction since my tune only RS6 ran 9 tenths and 8 MPH faster at the same track. That's apples to apples. If I were in his shoes, I'd be taking my RS6 back to my tuner. This is why I suggested he do the same.

I'm still, however, waiting for you to substantiate your baseless and slanderous accusations. Do you even have a sample .BIN file from one of my RS6 tunes that you can post on here? How about data logs from it? Let's keep things simple and civil here.

Christian-
June 17th, 2011, 17:37
Marc, was your Mugello Blue RS6 stripped down with no rear seats/etc and weight reduction like it was in the past, just like your S4s that you claim you ran great times on when you had massive weight reduction?

Also, saying "I didn't steal that right there that I'm pointing to" doesn't mean you didn't steal anything else. You have a history of being shady and a liar, and that's about the end of it, IMO.

FateZero
June 17th, 2011, 19:04
It's pretty much common knowledge that Marc has stolen files from GIAC, EPL, and others. It's funny to hear you deny it Marc.

Oh, and your supposed "fast times" at the track typically involve a COMPLETELY gutted car that doesn't even have carpet and is most likely squeezing at that

Go troll somewhere else Marc. You are a joke, a thief, and a disgrace to the Audi community

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 19:08
My Mugello Blue RS6 was never stripped down in any shape, way or form. It was a bone stock RS6 with a custom tune and nothing else. Not only that, but it also had over 200K on the all original engine, transmission and turbos! If you look at the Dragtimes.com entry for it, you will see the exact weight as reported by E-town's scale that night as well as a video of the car going down the track where you can clearly see it has all the seats, stock exhaust, etc. I also have an in-car video of the 11.9 pass which I took with my Iphone.

As for my grey RS6 which ran 11.59, it did have minor weight reduction: lightweight battery, lightweight wheels, no spare/jack/tool kit and no cats. It did have a full interior though.

Like Tony, you're making vague, baseless accusations by calling me "shady and a liar." I realize people may not like me because I don't take the cookie cutter approach by plopping down $1000 for a tune at a shop like EPL and there's no denying I'm outspoken when it comes to defending myself with regards to the records I have set in both the S4 and RS6, but "shady and a liar?" How do you figure?

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 19:15
I love how all the EPL cheerleaders are coming out of the wood work, most of whom don't even own an RS6 or have more than a dozen posts on this forum.

Once again, the only people here who are lying are the ones in the EPL corner who are making inaccurate assumptions and baseless accusations. Anyone using common sense can go watch the video of my RS6 running 11.9 @ 117 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqE3-JzYCig and clearly see the back seats when the car is staging and the passenger seat as it passes the camera man going down the track. Gutted car? I think not. The proof is right there in the pudding.

As for stealing EPL files, again, one needs to only use common sense here... Why on god's green earth would I want to steal EPL's software when this very thread proves that an RS6 with an EPL custom tune runs 9 tenths and 8 MPH slower than my own RS6 with a custom tune, both cars ran down the same exact track? Why would I or any other RS6 owner for that matter want to run an EPL tune that runs the same numbers as a stock RS6? Please somebody answer me that question! :addict:

Christian-
June 17th, 2011, 19:15
Marc, I don't care if you don't spend $1,000 on a tune. I don't care if you remove your seats and drag your car. I don't care if you cut holes in your dash or A-pillar to reduce weight.

I only care when you represent yourself as something you are not. I don't have the energy to go through the (now horrible) Audiworld archives and find dozens of posts of you lying about things and generally being a shady character. It's not worth it. I'm just offering my opinion: you're a scumbag. I wouldn't deal with you. Anyone who listens to you should do so only out of entertainment value because The Real Housewives of New Jersey is only playing reruns.

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 19:23
Again, anyone can flap their gums Christian. He said she said. This reminds me of that photo of the mentally impaired children at the special olympics with the caption "Arguing on the net is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded." It's so totally true.

I have dozens of custom tunes I worked hard to develop for both of my RS6s, hundreds of data logs and a handful of record breaking timeslips to back me up. Actions speak louder than words!

Christian-
June 17th, 2011, 19:24
Dozens of custom tunes, which you developed by stealing other people's software.

Honestly, Marc. You can reply all you want and make things up. I'm just offering a counterpoint so people know to think twice about you.

This will be my last reply on this topic.

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 19:30
Stole other people's software how? In what way? Where's the proof? Nowhere, because you don't have any. If you or anyone else even cared as much to search my username on this forum, you'd see all the posts I made along the way as I learned new things, continuously revised the tune and made my RS6 faster.

I just don't get why anyone would accuse me of stealing a tuner's custom file which is 9 tenths and 8 MPH slower than my own tune, both ran at the same exact track. Why would I want to run the same times as a stock RS6? If I wanted to do that, I could just run the stock tune in the RS6.

It's sad that some tuners will stoop to this level and have their fan boys post up lies to try to discredit my accomplishments. It's also rather comical too though.

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 19:41
ok, why the hell not.....this thread has kept me entertained for the last 3 hours(slow at work)....the thread was originally about some very healthy #'s mike attained at Tony's shop a couple of days ago(Marc I dont know Tony, but I know he has a good rep)-I will say this, as Corey mistakenly commented about a dynojet chart, why not post the baseline and the after dyno charts(Tony's is a mustang?) delta, delta-as Ben916 said, post some pics or didnt happen, I am sure Tony saved the dyno log. As far as Mikes E-town expeirence, and Marc u picked this fight-an unfair comment about taking car back to EPL...Mike told me he had diff launching, I agree, I am terriable at it in the RS6......I have had eurocharged stage2, will all the bells and whistles-dyno posted in this thread by Dave. Great #'s and I for the life of me couldnt get great o-60 times on my pbox, I sucked at launching. I do NOT doubt Mike's car has b#lls, as to why I suggested he beef up his tranny, cause he wont be having much longer teaching himself to launch. back on topic...

ttboost
June 17th, 2011, 19:43
Marc, I appreciate your input here, (well not really) but really, go back to my tuner and tell him he sucks? Right. Great idea. The same tuner that gave me one of the fastest pump gas, minimally modded 996 Turbo's out there? Right. "Your" tune is almost a second AND 8mph faster than almost EVERY other car out there with JUST a flash? Please....this isn't some forum full of idiots. My tune added about 70whp on the SAME dyno from stock. So to go a second faster is another 100hp. So you want everyone else here to believe that your RS6 flash gains an extra 170whp? I heard about your crap WAYYYY before this, so save it for another forum...However you got the ability to tune is your business, BUT if you were so good and made cars SOOOO much faster than everyone else, with just your tune, you would have the RS6 market by the ballz. To call yourself a tuner and only be able to tune Audi's? About the only respectable thing I have seen you do is lately is to bow out of letting a west coast shop sell "your" tunes. So you keep swiping tunes and manipulating maps and blowing up your own cars, and leave the rest of us alone. Sorry for turning Corey's thread into an outhouse guys...

JSRS6
June 17th, 2011, 19:44
Wow, I really wish I has some popcorn...but alas, I'm driving to dc to host a test and tune dyno day...

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 19:46
That's fine, but I was only trying to help the OP by suggesting he bring the car back to his tuner. While the launch will affect the ET, it has virtually no affect on the trap speed. In this case, Mike's trap speed is on par with a stock RS6, not a tuned RS6, let alone a strong RS6 with a custom tune.

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 19:56
I was only trying to help by suggest you bring your RS6 back to EPL. I didn't say he sucks although from my experiences from the street and dragstrip, it's usually one of the slowest tunes. It's a fact that your ET and trap speed is about what a stock RS6 runs. I even posted the C&D road test.

I can only sit back and chuckle at your comments about not believing my Mugello Blue RS6 running 11.9@117 with only a tune. It makes me feel proud.

Who said I only know how to tune Audis? Because that is the only make I chose to tune for myself for several years doesn't mean I can't tune other cars. I've actually tuned other makes.

I am not selling my RS6 tunes and anybody who's come to me in the past 2 years asking for the tune hasn't gotten it. I did the RS6 tuning for my own personal enjoyment and as a learning experience, not to make money off of it.

I'm glad you're happy with your EPL tuned 996 Turbo, but like his tunes for RS6s, S4s, etc. and based on all my experiences, they are just flat out slow. Here's a video of an EPL 996 Turbo losing to a Plymouth Colt. It's pretty funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUYLqN_Wxio

Marc, I appreciate your input here, (well not really) but really, go back to my tuner and tell him he sucks? Right. Great idea. The same tuner that gave me one of the fastest pump gas, minimally modded 996 Turbo's out there? Right. "Your" tune is almost a second AND 8mph faster than almost EVERY other car out there with JUST a flash? Please....this isn't some forum full of idiots. My tune added about 70whp on the SAME dyno from stock. So to go a second faster is another 100hp. So you want everyone else here to believe that your RS6 flash gains an extra 170whp? I heard about your crap WAYYYY before this, so save it for another forum...However you got the ability to tune is your business, BUT if you were so good and made cars SOOOO much faster than everyone else, with just your tune, you would have the RS6 market by the ballz. To call yourself a tuner and only be able to tune Audi's? About the only respectable thing I have seen you do is lately is to bow out of letting a west coast shop sell "your" tunes. So you keep swiping tunes and manipulating maps and blowing up your own cars, and leave the rest of us alone. Sorry for turning Corey's thread into an outhouse guys...

Erik
June 17th, 2011, 20:03
I was going to close this thread, but 10secS4 seems to be able to defend himself.

I don't know any of your personally nor the background to all this.
But 10secS4 has been a member here since 2007, and to my (teflon) memory I can't recall any issues or problems.
There are some serious accusations being brought up. Are there any facts?

I don't think anything good can come out of this thread any longer, but I'll keep it open until it derails beyond help
or if I get PMs asking for it to be closed.

PS In my opinion, tuning is about improving the performance of the car.
If my car runs 0-200 km/h in 20 secs and I tune it and cut 2 secounds out of that, that's nice.
If there's no improvement, or very little, I'm going to question where my money went.
If a (prepped) press car, or Mr X, ran something else on another day, on another strip and another driver is only a guideline and perhaps not valid vs. your car.
I.e if you can do 10 push-ups and the next day 12 it's an improvement important for you. If Schwarzenegger can do a 100 (don't think he can) doesn't matter.

My point is, you have to measure the performance before AND after (laptime, 0-200, 1/4 mile, dyno whatever), under similar conditions to see what sort of improvement you're getting.

4everRS
June 17th, 2011, 20:06
Pass me the popcorn if you get some. This is halarious. Marc and you new posters are all questionable if you ask me. Marc, I'm sure that you know most of us on this forum think your a little rediculious, but I will say, you've never tries to sell us a tune. It is funny all you new guys are coming out of the woodwork on this. You have no credibility at all on the forum. (marc doesn't either if that makes you feel better) You new guys talking about trolling, ha, WTF are YOU doing. Give me a break. Its this level of unprofessionalism that will never get me to buy anything from your types.

Wow, I really wish I has some popcorn...but alas, I'm driving to dc to host a teat and tune dyno day...

10SecS4
June 17th, 2011, 20:12
Yeah it's all fun and games but in the end it's all of you who get to see my taillights... ;-)

Pass me the popcorn if you get some. This is halarious. Marc and you new posters are all questionable if you ask me. Marc, I'm sure that you know most of us on this forum think your a little rediculious, but I will say, you've never tries to sell us a tune. It is funny all you new guys are coming out of the woodwork on this. You have no credibility at all on the forum. (marc doesn't either if that makes you feel better) You new guys talking about trolling, ha, WTF are YOU doing. Give me a break. Its this level of unprofessionalism that will never get me to buy anything from your types.

Erik
June 17th, 2011, 20:14
It's pretty much common knowledge that Marc has stolen files from GIAC, EPL, and others. It's funny to hear you deny it Marc.

Oh, and your supposed "fast times" at the track typically involve a COMPLETELY gutted car that doesn't even have carpet and is most likely squeezing at that

Go troll somewhere else Marc. You are a joke, a thief, and a disgrace to the Audi community

Sorry but I just realised you've been a member since 2006 (5+ years) and this is your first post.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just amazed.

MaxRS6
June 17th, 2011, 20:15
Wheeeeeee--I just wished mine would start and be allowed out of its stall...;0

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LPkUvfL8T1I" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME> (file://<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LPkUvfL8T1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 20:15
maybe he drives a ricer? sorry couldnt help myself.....a little humor to lighten the mood

MaxRS6
June 17th, 2011, 20:16
Sorry but I just realised you've been a member since 2006 (5+ years) and this is your first post.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just amazed.

That has gotta be some type of record isn't it Eric???

PALETTE
June 17th, 2011, 20:54
Anyways back to the basics, Mike congrats with EPL the car seams to be Running well. I know there is more in it.

Speedtrap not offending you in anyway, i was just asking Hall if that was a stock vs tuned i just wanted to be sure what i was looking at.

Guys its Fathers day Weekend Have a Pint and enjoy the weather, its better on the top of the soil then in it.

speedtrapped
June 17th, 2011, 20:59
being a father of three, TYVM Corey- and I am not offended, we are passionate about are cars, and sometimes with our tuners. -wait that didnt sound right, ah hell ya know what I mean...Happy Fathers Day to U...

DHall1
June 18th, 2011, 15:30
+1

I like the one where Marc is accused of stealing the GIAC file. People need to get a life. The GIAC file is the biggest POS on this planet. A stock RS6 is faster than the GIAC.

I was going to close this thread, but 10secS4 seems to be able to defend himself.

I don't know any of your personally nor the background to all this.
But 10secS4 has been a member here since 2007, and to my (teflon) memory I can't recall any issues or problems.
There are some serious accusations being brought up. Are there any facts?

I don't think anything good can come out of this thread any longer, but I'll keep it open until it derails beyond help
or if I get PMs asking for it to be closed.

PS In my opinion, tuning is about improving the performance of the car.
If my car runs 0-200 km/h in 20 secs and I tune it and cut 2 secounds out of that, that's nice.
If there's no improvement, or very little, I'm going to question where my money went.
If a (prepped) press car, or Mr X, ran something else on another day, on another strip and another driver is only a guideline and perhaps not valid vs. your car.
I.e if you can do 10 push-ups and the next day 12 it's an improvement important for you. If Schwarzenegger can do a 100 (don't think he can) doesn't matter.

My point is, you have to measure the performance before AND after (laptime, 0-200, 1/4 mile, dyno whatever), under similar conditions to see what sort of improvement you're getting.

V8weight
June 18th, 2011, 16:52
+1

I like the one where Marc is accused of stealing the GIAC file. People need to get a life. The GIAC file is the biggest POS on this planet. A stock RS6 is faster than the GIAC.
Bahahaha!

FateZero
June 18th, 2011, 18:45
I would say that it seems a lot of the people on this board maybe don't venture onto other forums like AudiWorld, AZ, or QW. Marc is BANNED from all of them for cheating customers, stealing tunes, and just flat out causing issues. He has re-registered using different names, and he gets eventually caught by his IP addy.

It's really pointless to drag this on, but if anyone wants to deal with this guy you are warned now. Please just ask why he is banned from almost every forum he has ever been on including non-audi forums like this:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62215

I was not suggesting he stole a GIAC RS6 file, but he has stolen "countless" B5 S4 files from GIAC and EPL. He distributed them as "tweeked" GIAC files himself so he can't deny it. Do 10mins of searching if you are bored and you will find tons of threads to substantiate these claims.

SteveKen
June 18th, 2011, 19:54
I knew it was only a matter of time before the C5S6 (cars and forums) became the BS4. . .

How stupendous!!!

FateZero
June 18th, 2011, 21:52
I knew it was only a matter of time before the C5S6 (cars and forums) became the BS4. . .

How stupendous!!!

Not sure what you mean by that, but not all B5S4 owners are like the kids on Audizine. Some of us do add value to the community ;)

SteveKen
June 18th, 2011, 22:16
Not sure what you mean by that, but not all B5S4 owners are like the kids on Audizine. Some of us do add value to the community ;)

Seems like a bunch of kids on the last three pages.

Can't we all just get along?

How much revenue was lost by GIAC and EPL due to any stolen code? I've never understood why these companies don't lock the code down so that it can't be downloaded? Especially if they devote tons of money on development.

Might be the tune, might be the driver, might be the car overall. I don't know why anyone really cares or gets into the my car is faster than your car stuff. Just my opinion.

Brav
June 21st, 2011, 05:26
I would say if he had a significant improvement, the tune has definitely worked.. as mentioned. There may be some other underlying issue why other cars make more power, some bad sensor, etc. My car is very finicky on applying boost and timing. IF anything, he should try and take it back to EPL to solve the other issues. Not the tune.