PDA

View Full Version : Noise in Cabin?

sturs6
October 3rd, 2003, 18:42
Has anyone else heard what sounds to me like a white noise coming from the passengers side of the car. There is a small speaker looking devise that it is coming from right next to the back of the passengers front seat. The noice is constant it does not matter if the car is running or not. This is the only area the sound is comming from. It is not coming from any other speaker.

Any Thoughts?

iconcls
October 3rd, 2003, 19:56
Discussed earlier?

Shielding Issue (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1987&highlight=shielding)

sturs6
October 3rd, 2003, 22:06
Neither of the sounds descirbed in the "Noises?" thread describe the sound I am hearing nor are they located in the same area. The sound I am hearing is coming from the B-piller on the passengers side. It one constant sound it sounds kind of like air being forced into the cabin.
I am going to stop by the dealer and see what they say.

The nice thing is if you go fast enough with the radio on you can not hear it. :D

nene
April 25th, 2005, 01:45
Here is the high pitch whine that needs shielding (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1987&highlight=shielding) issue.

If you hear something on the B-pillar on passenger side, there is speaker there about lower to the ground. Just check if it's from the speaker when you hear the sound. I've heard it a couple of times, but not in a while. Never when in motion though. Both times I heard was when car was just turned off.

Hy Octane
April 25th, 2005, 05:45
This is the famous B pillar hiss. It turns out to be the OnStar connecting for no reason and not disconnecting (also known as a hanging carrier). Try pushing the dot button and see if that stops it.

JAXRS6
April 25th, 2005, 06:22
Yeah, B pillar seems related to OnStar, not AC. Mine would remain on after I shut off the car, tho it went away if I waited a couple of minutes.

Fortunately I'm no longer hearing it, because after "resetting" the OnStar 8 or 9 times (only to have the ceiling light turn red again after 2-8 weeks), last week I finally got the so-called new permanent fix; mine was the 1st installation for this dealer. No hiss so far, and the green light is on -- tho not as bright as before, which I deem to be a good sign. When it was a very bright green after resetting (to the point of annoyance), it was always just a matter of time until it turned red again.

Aronis
April 25th, 2005, 17:58
You did not get the bulliten?

The Extra Bright Green Light is what was burning the back up battery out!

LOL

Mike

JAXRS6
April 25th, 2005, 18:48
Originally posted by Aronis
You did not get the bulliten?

No :vgrumpy:

What bulletin? Please advise what you received, from who & when. I have complained about this SO much, with 8 or 9 "resettings" (I've lost track), that I can't believe AOA sent out a bulletin & I didn't receive one. I'm an original owner & I have not changed my address, so there's no excuse in my opinion.

Besides, if a bulletin went out, why didn't dealer say something?!?!

Please advise ASAP...thanks in advance!

Aronis
April 25th, 2005, 19:56
It was a joke about the Extra Bright Green light vs the less bright gree light after the fix was done.

Sorry if I got your hopes up.

:)

nene
April 25th, 2005, 21:52
LInk to the Bulletin Info (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6380&highlight=JK)

My dealer called me about it, and they had ordered the part themselves. You should talk to your dealer as to why they did not call you! Good luck.

JAXRS6
April 26th, 2005, 01:58
So, there was a bulletin...but only the dealers got one? OK, I think I'm with the program now.

And now I recall: I phoned dealer one day & service rep said, "Yeah, we got word on that just yesterday; sorry I haven't called you yet."

Anyhow, let's hope this is the fix that works!:looking:

Aronis
April 26th, 2005, 13:31
I called twice on that bulletin to make an appointment....

They never called back!

I think they are not really interested in doing the repair! I am curious if AOA is paying the dealerships the full hourly fee to do the work or not!

Mike

sturs6
April 26th, 2005, 15:41
I was called by Audi telling me that a fix had been found for the "red light" issue and they said they used my car to fix it. I feel good about myself now. Ha Ha :thumb: :applause: :addict:
:addict:
:cheers:
Stuart

Aronis
April 26th, 2005, 17:44
Originally posted by sturs6
I was called by Audi telling me that a fix had been found for the "red light" issue and they said they used my car to fix it. I feel good about myself now. Ha Ha :thumb: :applause: :addict:
Stuart

LOL

Guine Pig? They SHOULD PAY YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

Mike

nyrs6
April 27th, 2005, 04:28
Originally posted by sturs6
Stuart

Stuart, didnt you sell youre car?

sturs6
April 27th, 2005, 12:24
Originally posted by nyrs6
Stuart, didnt you sell youre car?
I did... I sold it to Audi of America. Actually they bought it back.

nyrs6
April 27th, 2005, 18:05
So you are talking about when you used to own it?

Hy Octane
April 27th, 2005, 18:30
Original thread started in October of 2003..
Thus the confusion..

sturs6
April 27th, 2005, 20:39
Originally posted by nyrs6
So you are talking about when you used to own it?
They bought my car back on November 12, 2004 and sent it to Auburn Hills, Mi. were it was then, so I am told, used to find the source of the OnStar redilght problem.

nyrs6
April 27th, 2005, 21:51
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Original thread started in October of 2003..
Thus the confusion..

Stupid me! :doh: