PDA

View Full Version : Fueling advice from the gurus.....Pat-Dave? Sorry any guru, input appreciated

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 01:45
So I discovered today that my set up does not have large injectors, but stock. So for anyone not fully familiar, 750hp rated dbr(Bosch) FP, 5 bar FPR, dbr hybrid turbo's, DP's, intake, stage 3 meth, etc,etc...so 2 questions, are my lean condition on WOT due to fuel starvation?, do I need bigger injectors? Also Dave had asked if the intake had a spacer to lower compression, it does not.....should I, again car is fastest I have ever had it, but I am slightly concerned about the injectors....

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 02:03
What lean condition are you referring to?

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 02:04
Do you have my cell number?

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 02:26
No, I will email u the pulls, I thought I posted them last month. Pm me ur email.

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 02:44
You could log injector duty cycles to confirm, but you're running pig rich in bank 2, and ever so slightly lean in bank 1. Where are the specified lambda voltages? You have an unmetered air leak on bank 1......

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 02:45
What are your long term fuel trims? Double check, but I would assume they're going to be negative (enriching for a lean condition).

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 02:49
I will have to do some new pulls, although those pulls are with new turbo inlet seals, and the maf's, o2's etc are new. How do I measure, what block for fuel trims?

4everRS
June 8th, 2011, 02:54
Speed, you must have meant head gaskets regarding compression? An intake spacer will not lower your compression.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 02:58
Sorry, yep head gasket..it's a lot, and I should of done it when engine was out. But my question is about LT reliability of the engine. I have a decent amount of $ in car, and I am happy with the results.

4everRS
June 8th, 2011, 03:13
A thicker head gasket would have probably been ideal when pushing past 2400 mbar(i don't know what your at), but not absolutely critical.

Pat, if he's lean on bank 1 but not 2, would an unmetered leak cause this? All the pressure the turbos are pumping is going into the same hole in the front of the intake, and it would seem an unmetered leak on either side would affect both lambda's. To me it seems we should know the duty cycles for this.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 03:16
Good point, from what I know, the dbr chip was tuned by a less the competent tuner on the phone with Europe, at least that is how dion described the guy. I am specified at about 2400mbar max, but on the logs which pat has, I wasn't holding it, 2000 was it... As an earlier thread described, I reversed my DV and retightened my t clamps, they were all slightly loose.

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 03:17
I will have to do some new pulls, although those pulls are with new turbo inlet seals, and the maf's, o2's etc are new. How do I measure, what block for fuel trims?
Block 032 will give you your short and long term fuel trims. Go out and start the car and write them down, you don't necessarily have to drive the car. Block 101 will give you your fuel injector pulse width, which you can use to calculate your injector duty cycle... go get the fuel trims and report back!

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 03:17
What is block for duty cycle?

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 03:21
VCDS doesn't offer the ability to log duty cycles. You have to log injector pulse width in block 101, then use the equation: Pulsewidth*RPM/120000 to get duty cycles.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 03:27
Adaptation idle/parial bank 1....(0.8),(1.6)
" ". Bank2.....(.9),(2.3)

Inj timing2.08ms,idle760, load 15%, maf 5.4ish

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 03:30
.0131733?, did I screw that calc up?

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 03:32
Your fuel trims are fine, it's actually trying to lean itself slightly, but you'll never have perfect 0's. No issues with the car that I see, it's probably in the tuning. Block 101 does have to be logged while driving...and your maf numbers are no good, you must have had your AC on.

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 03:35
.0131733?, did I screw that calc up?
No, your calculation is correct, of coarse your duty cycle is going to be null when the car is idling :)

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 03:37
Ok, tuning ten, which was suggested. For sh1ts and giggles, I am dyno-ing Saturday as is, on a dynojet. Then when I have a custom tune made, I will redyno on at same place. iDA performance, I have neber used them but they are close and have an AWD dyno. So pat, after new tune, if I am pushing above 2400, as 4everrs suggested, new head gasket for compression? Or not bother?

4everRS
June 8th, 2011, 03:40
That's another engine pull.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 03:42
Ugg, ur right...not a pressing issue...I save the $ for the rs6/allroad beast 2012... That's for another thread at a later date....just sitting on a perfectly good cosworth and rebuilt trans for now in storage

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 03:43
Ty guys for the input

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 03:47
Ok, tuning ten, which was suggested. For sh1ts and giggles, I am dyno-ing Saturday as is, on a dynojet. Then when I have a custom tune made, I will redyno on at same place. iDA performance, I have neber used them but they are close and have an AWD dyno. So pat, after new tune, if I am pushing above 2400, as 4everrs suggested, new head gasket for compression? Or not bother?
2400mbar puts you at an effective compression ratio of about 23.2:1. Shouldn't be an issue with the stock head gaskets. I would probably close up your spark plug gap to around .026" though.

4everRS
June 8th, 2011, 03:51
Ya I don't think 2400 is an issue, but pushing much past it may constitute thicker gaskets. Your pretty much building a Gumpert Apollo engine at that point.

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 05:39
Let this ol horse speak.

Dead lean is dead lean. As boost pressure rises so does the lean condition. Bank 1 is worse but at or abouts 5000 rpm when boost pressure is peak....bank 1 O2 voltage is hitting bottom at .80 and .81. As the rpms continue and boost pressure is still near peak....bank 1 O2 voltage is dropping even more. .75 to .77v. Again dead lean.

Dead lean. Any other questions?

Now you say the injectors were not changed? At first you said the injectors were changed?? Yes, you better check the duty cycles or start planning for the next doorstop.

I also wanted to know if the headgaskets were changed.

big turbos on stock injectors = melted Cosworth. Better get a handle on some things.

So I discovered today that my set up does not have large injectors, but stock. So for anyone not fully familiar, 750hp rated dbr(Bosch) FP, 5 bar FPR, dbr hybrid turbo's, DP's, intake, stage 3 meth, etc,etc...so 2 questions, are my lean condition on WOT due to fuel starvation?, do I need bigger injectors? Also Dave had asked if the intake had a spacer to lower compression, it does not.....should I, again car is fastest I have ever had it, but I am slightly concerned about the injectors....

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 05:47
U R planning to dyno this car in this state of tune without the ability to make corrections?

Fuel is not going to appear like magic between now and then without a proper diagnostic on why the car is running dead lean.

IMHO not the best of ideas. .02c

KISS is something to think about here. Stick to the basics. U R not ready for any dyno without a full shakedown on the platform.

4everRS
June 8th, 2011, 05:48
Wait a minute. Dhall, did you file an 8k with the SEC on this? I think you may be benefiting from insider information! I didnt see any voltages posted.

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 05:51
When members send me files.....I give them my best .02c. What they choose to do with the info is strictly up to them....no charge for the .02c and no liab for the .02c.

Yes, I have voltages.

4everRS
June 8th, 2011, 06:00
looks like a new tune may be in order(at min) and possible new injectors. I sure they are inexpensive!

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 06:07
You could have a 60,000hp rated fuel pump and 462 bar FPR and end up a melted Cosworth lump in the garage.

Stock injectors are stock injectors. The first question I asked you months ago was "were the injectors changed and what size are they."

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 06:36
The old dead horse with 362 lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 10:03
No Dave, I only went by what dion remembered, history sir, dion did the dbr kit 2 years ago, and I guess didn't recall correctly. He told me they were rated higher. Well when I was moving my original engine into storage I checked injectors serial #, because the stock looked identical to what was on the dbr engine. Turns out, stock on dbr. And I could of sworn I told ya about head gasket being stock. Now my friend, since I just discovered the injector set up yesterday, I was asking for input from said guru's if I needed larger injectors, I think I know your answer. So what size? And I can clx dyno, for am layer date.

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 13:53
Dave, have you been licking toads again? Settle down, what you're talking about is not in the logs I got....the car is no where near dangerously lean.

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 14:21
Yeah, you told said the injectors were upgraded but the headgasket was stock.

Pat-yeah I may be crazy but all I have are the last logs Stephen sent me. Send me over the latest logs. Its hard to keep up without the proper data.

No Dave, I only went by what dion remembered, history sir, dion did the dbr kit 2 years ago, and I guess didn't recall correctly. He told me they were rated higher. Well when I was moving my original engine into storage I checked injectors serial #, because the stock looked identical to what was on the dbr engine. Turns out, stock on dbr. And I could of sworn I told ya about head gasket being stock. Now my friend, since I just discovered the injector set up yesterday, I was asking for input from said guru's if I needed larger injectors, I think I know your answer. So what size? And I can clx dyno, for am layer date.

SteveKen
June 8th, 2011, 14:43
I'll add my $0.02 in here as well and put my flame suit on.

As Dave as mentioned, adding bigger hairdryers and a tune shouldn't be (can't be) where it ends with good results.

This is reaching 2.7T territory where everyone is stage 3, etc. and nothing is perfect. Some will say I'm full of BS, but I'm still of the opinion that unless VAG funded one of these upgrades, it's a roll of the dice.

How many remap tuners are out there? The feedback is 50/50 at best on any one of them when it comes to 2.7T's and TiAl's, Frankenturbos, Chinese crap, K04's, RS6 hybrids, etc.

As much as I hate to say it, I think stand alone is the best bet as you can start with a blank canvas.

Punch away I suppose, but when it comes to bigger turbos, you have to yield to the fact that it's no longer constant and it's always going to be a project.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 15:41
lets review the history of this.....DBR, as some may know has a terriable rep in the states for customer service. KMD Tuning(Dion's old shop) was and still is a dbr vendor. What I know and knew, was that a guy with a low mileage rs6, spent $40k all in on a dbr stage3 race kit(dbr mapped, bigger turbos, fpr, fp, and intake....why not bigger injectors?? no clue)....and a custom built level10 trans and TC......good luck getting any feedback from DBR, they do NOT return calls or emails...word I got on dahlback is they sell overpriced stuff, and dont even give ya the technicals because they dont want it replicated in the USA...what can I do, I was given an opp to buy a wrecked rs6, swap a powerful(maha dynoed, as some have seen the special sauce thread) rs6 complete engine and tranny, all $13k(cause i didnt sell engine/trans from mine)...worth it, hell yeah.....do I wish Dion was more thorough, or should I have asked better questions?-yes...that said I had always planned on having the car retuned.....I was just curious after yesterdays discovery that i am running stock injectors, should I have larger, because yes i am running lean on WOT above 5k, starved for fuel? I thought so...

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 15:42
Dave I sent Pat the last set of runs that you got....

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 15:56
Like I said, your long term fuel trims are trying to lean the mixture, not enrich...your injectors are probably fine, logging injector pulse width would confirm. You're running lean above 5k because your ECU is asking for it. Notice how your fueling is fine until boost starts to taper. I think you have a boost leak on bank 2, causing bank 2 to run rich, meanwhile bank 1 runs lean as the ecu tries to dial back fueling.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 16:03
hmm, boost leak, ya know...if u see the logs, u can see that i wasnt holding boost, I rversed DV's, and then retightened t clamps, but havnt re logged, i will tonight. Also those clamps were not that tight, i had about 4-6 turns per clamp, and on passenger side, the bootom of IC from charge was sliding off, causing a small pich, which i fixed. what do u think? btw mark, i ordered the constant tq clamps

SteveKen
June 8th, 2011, 16:48
...that said I had always planned on having the car retuned....

I think I'm saying that even though DBR might have sold this as a total package, etc. these types of mods are getting to the point where future nuances and issues are beyond the scope of anyone's knowledge on this forum let alone any remap tuners out there.

No offense to anyone who's on this forum and it's actually within their scope.

This isn't something that you can telephone tune and exchange iterations via email. etc. You'll need to find someone with the skills and a dyno who will want to accept your car and the combination to the safe you've included in the trunk plus a month or two's worth of time, depending on how many more leaks, or broken things that might be discovered and need to be fixed along the way that affect the tuning process.

I'd also go as far as drafting a contract to be sure you end up with something that you're satisfied with. Only a truly skilled person would stick around when you whip that out.

Otherwise, have moderate expectations.

I'll now wash the sand out of my vagina and go back to omniscience.

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 17:02
Or

Running lean as rpm increases because the injectors cant keep up/ and or poor mapping from DBR.

In either case, do you want to find out the wrong way?

I dont know which set of logs you sent me the last time but the set I have is dead lean. Now, you can dig through your charts and send me the latest set. I would be happy to inspect them.

SteveKen makes some very good points with moving forward. Please get your ducks in a row. We are good at giving you tips with the proper data but given the extent of mods and or lack of injector upgrades....you are playing with fire.

I would never upgrade turbos and run 2400mb on stock injectors. Never

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 17:05
fair enough, I was not planning on a remote flash...I have used Jerry from Eurocharged in past, and want to use him now...just geography is getting in the way. I have spoke to Tony, EPL-he has the knowledge, the dyno, experience. The latter makes the most sense, its tough because I am loyal. but considering what i have invested in the car, I want the car to be safely at its max potential. I do have a an email out to VAST, and we corresponded. They are looking into injectors given the set up.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 17:10
Dave the set u have, the very last set I sent on 5/15...that set I sent pat last night. Its the last time I did a pull.

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 17:18
or

running lean as rpm increases because the injectors cant keep up/ and or poor mapping from dbr.

In either case, do you want to find out the wrong way?

I dont know which set of logs you sent me the last time but the set i have is dead lean. Now, you can dig through your charts and send me the latest set. I would be happy to inspect them.

Steveken makes some very good points with moving forward. Please get your ducks in a row. We are good at giving you tips with the proper data but given the extent of mods and or lack of injector upgrades....you are playing with fire.

I would never upgrade turbos and run 2400mb on stock injectors. Never
If he was running lean due to inadequate injectors his fuel trims would be negative!!!!!

hahnmgh63
June 8th, 2011, 17:43
Sounds like Dion's shop didn't do their homework and just bolted on some special sauce pieces they get from Dahlback. If if there are some great pieces they still have to work as a whole which may take some work, custom tuning, custom pieces. The one thing that was mentioned by Pat early on was the injector duty cycle, were you able to go out and do another one under a load? I can't imagine the stock injectors being able to handle anything past about 600bhp? But a claim of 700bhp may be just a Dahlback hype (myth). I didn't see any of those latest logs myself but someone, I think Pat early on mentioned that Bank 1 was leaner than Bank 2, that questions still needs to be answered before you just dump fuel in there to fix the lean problem, is it leaner on bank 1? On my Revo tune when I finally started to do some runs with different boost settings I was gettting a little timing pull from the knock sensors and running slightly lean (Thanks Dave for looking at my runs). Have you guys heard of Lemniwinks? It is a Revo program, but it doesn't have to be used with Revo software, that you can use to change your timing, fuel trims, idle speed, fuel enrichment under load, 14 channels in all. Remember though it only changes these slightly, you still need a decent tune to start with. I used Lemmiwinks to tune my software a little more and brought up my fueling under load which brought the slightly lean reading under control which caused the timing to increase as the knock sensors didn't pull the timing as much anymore? A cool & free program from Revo. The A4 & S4 guys have been using it for 5+ years.
First of all, I think you need to find out, if true why one Bank is leaner than the others, then a custom tune on a dyno is in order. If anyone wants the Lemmiwinks program it can be found on the internet but I can send it to you and here is a page from the S4 Wikit that explains it. http://s4wiki.com/wiki/lemmiwinks It isn't a large program, only about 244Kb, just a small .exe file. As I said, after my early runs I was real happy with the results as I was planning a custom tune since the Revo with boost up was slightly lean (damn 92 octane w/10% Ethanol around here), but the Lemmiwinks solved it, then I was so happy that I decided to gut my Pre-Cats and got myself into trouble and not I'm dumping at least $8K into the car, rebuilt Turbos, Rebuilt tranny & T.C., all new sensors, hoses, O-rings, gaskets, etc..... WHERE DOES IT STOP???

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 17:49
this is the dyno, after dion did the kit for PO....now, Dion has stated the DBR rep tuner acted like this was his 1st tune, and was on the phone with europe constantly...Dion's shop does great work....and I am not flaming. the car runs awesome, but I always planned on having it customed tuned.

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 19:16
Glad to help. Funny about Lemmi. I tried to get it working on my car back in the day but it never worked.

Sounds like Dion's shop didn't do their homework and just bolted on some special sauce pieces they get from Dahlback. If if there are some great pieces they still have to work as a whole which may take some work, custom tuning, custom pieces. The one thing that was mentioned by Pat early on was the injector duty cycle, were you able to go out and do another one under a load? I can't imagine the stock injectors being able to handle anything past about 600bhp? But a claim of 700bhp may be just a Dahlback hype (myth). I didn't see any of those latest logs myself but someone, I think Pat early on mentioned that Bank 1 was leaner than Bank 2, that questions still needs to be answered before you just dump fuel in there to fix the lean problem, is it leaner on bank 1? On my Revo tune when I finally started to do some runs with different boost settings I was gettting a little timing pull from the knock sensors and running slightly lean (Thanks Dave for looking at my runs). Have you guys heard of Lemniwinks? It is a Revo program, but it doesn't have to be used with Revo software, that you can use to change your timing, fuel trims, idle speed, fuel enrichment under load, 14 channels in all. Remember though it only changes these slightly, you still need a decent tune to start with. I used Lemmiwinks to tune my software a little more and brought up my fueling under load which brought the slightly lean reading under control which caused the timing to increase as the knock sensors didn't pull the timing as much anymore? A cool & free program from Revo. The A4 & S4 guys have been using it for 5+ years.
First of all, I think you need to find out, if true why one Bank is leaner than the others, then a custom tune on a dyno is in order. If anyone wants the Lemmiwinks program it can be found on the internet but I can send it to you and here is a page from the S4 Wikit that explains it. http://s4wiki.com/wiki/lemmiwinks It isn't a large program, only about 244Kb, just a small .exe file. As I said, after my early runs I was real happy with the results as I was planning a custom tune since the Revo with boost up was slightly lean (damn 92 octane w/10% Ethanol around here), but the Lemmiwinks solved it, then I was so happy that I decided to gut my Pre-Cats and got myself into trouble and not I'm dumping at least $8K into the car, rebuilt Turbos, Rebuilt tranny & T.C., all new sensors, hoses, O-rings, gaskets, etc..... WHERE DOES IT STOP???

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 19:18
I rest my case. Dead lean

Dave the set u have, the very last set I sent on 5/15...that set I sent pat last night. Its the last time I did a pull.

hahnmgh63
June 8th, 2011, 19:29
Some good looking numbers from that Dyno, also interesting to see the Drag HP #'s. Would be nice to run the fue ratio numbers along side that Dyno. Those Maha Dyno's are suppose to be one of the best and most accurate out there so they definitely have the right piece of equipment to work with. I went back and read through the Special sauce thread and see that you swapped a lot of parts off your old engine, O2's, MAF's, coil packs, etc... You also pulled the intake manifold, was that just to paint it or did you do most of the hoses underneath?

hahnmgh63
June 8th, 2011, 19:35
Dave, in order to get the Lemmi to work on my RS6 with the Vagcom cable I had to first start Vagcom and go to the options page and you uncheck the box that says to use Vagcom in the intelligent mode, then close out Vagcom and open Lemmiwinks. When you restart Vagcom it will automatically have defaulted back to the Intelligent mode so you won't have to re-check the box.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 19:35
no, intake did not come off, in the end, the build was getting long in the tooth. I was talked out of taking manifold off, because it would of pushed back schedule...the ironny was, he ended of having to delay build for 2 weeks more...oh well....Yes I had alot of new sensors,and TB kit(Pat's), silicone lines replacing stock.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 19:38
Mark.... I hope to later tonight, take her out on the GPS and log 101 in 3rd, also check my adjustments to see if I eliminated my slight boost drop off

V8weight
June 8th, 2011, 20:03
I rest my case. Dead lean
You're not looking at the big picture..........

SteveKen
June 8th, 2011, 20:33
no, intake did not come off, in the end, the build was getting long in the tooth. I was talked out of taking manifold off, because it would of pushed back schedule...the ironny was, he ended of having to delay build for 2 weeks more...oh well....Yes I had alot of new sensors,and TB kit(Pat's), silicone lines replacing stock.

I ended up using fuel line for my wastegate hose replacements. Lately, I've heard nothing good about silicone hose, with them collapsing. Not sure if it would be causing any of the current issues for you though.

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 20:38
well it is safe to say, because I changed the n75 last week, that the hoses to waste gates are oem. the silcone that has been used is for other vac lines, DV's, SAI, turbo reading for meth

SteveKen
June 8th, 2011, 21:08
well it is safe to say, because I changed the n75 last week, that the hoses to waste gates are oem. the silcone that has been used is for other vac lines, DV's, SAI, turbo reading for meth

After having my issue, I'm going to recommend that anyone to has their engine out replace the waste gate hoses.

It requires a bit of messing around with the driver's side one, but the pass side is pretty straight forward.

When the motor is out or partially out, it call it cheap preventive maintenance.

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 22:11
I polished and polished my crystal ball.

Dead lean

Anyone wanting to upgrade turbos better consider injectors.

You're not looking at the big picture..........

hahnmgh63
June 8th, 2011, 22:21
I'm having my Turbo's upgraded with the new seals & bushings that are used on the new 2.0T FSI K04's but decided to leave the compressor & Turbines stock. I knew I would have to dump too much many in to many other places on the engine to complement and upgrade. It isn't a track car and never will be, oh sure, it will do ok on the track but there are smaller and lighter cars that will do more on less without eating the brakes and tires as much.

DHall1
June 8th, 2011, 22:24
Second gear pulls should be fine for now. Don't need to be thrown in jail.

Run inj duty log with boost and then air/fuel.

Also set another baseline with 3,31,115 to double check current data points.

Mark.... I hope to later tonight, take her out on the GPS and log 101 in 3rd, also check my adjustments to see if I eliminated my slight boost drop off

speedtrapped
June 8th, 2011, 22:42
Ok, so log 101, 115...pull, log 101 31 pull...and standard block log

ttboost
June 9th, 2011, 02:42
Stock injectors...750hp? sheesh.... upgrade injectors and put on a meth kit and pick up 100 hp...I told you what to do...you'd be almost done already...

speedtrapped
June 9th, 2011, 02:53
Mike,
I have app. With Tony on 7/11, that was earliest I could do. I ordered 52# injectors from vast. Andrew at vast looked up stock, 35# vs 52#, he said more then adequate given mods. And yes I have a stage 3 meth installed. I just have to wait a month for the customization, then hopefully I can reach cars potential, safely.
Stephen
Ps I flashed stage 1 speedriven on the cl65, whoa she is fast...I have to learn not to enjoy fishtailing so much. That batboy is getting dyno'ed on 6/18.

ttboost
June 9th, 2011, 03:04
Good to hear. I still need to get back on the dyno too. I went to Newport, RI last weekend and got 21mpg out ans 20mpg coming back. Car feels good,,,happy with Ace TC. I actually went to the track tonight, but got rained out the second I drove in...oh well....I guess it's back to Englishtown soon...

PS...took the 996 turbo out last week with the Pbox....was still too cool that night and spinning at 100mph...6.1 60-130 spinning...with less boost...need waste gates...

speedtrapped
June 9th, 2011, 03:10
Tell ya whAt, u bring the tt and I bring the cl, and we go to the private airstrip I was mentioning...

DHall1
June 9th, 2011, 05:14
94% IDC

In second gear where the bank 1 O2 voltage is dropping to .81v the IDC is hitting 94%.

It would be time to look at fuel trims to see if the ecu is pulling or adding fuel. Bank 1 remains leaner than bank 2. It would also be time to verify there are no boost leaks.

V8weight
June 9th, 2011, 05:23
94% IDC

In second gear where the bank 1 O2 voltage is dropping to .81v the IDC is hitting 94%.

It would be time to look at fuel trims to see if the ecu is pulling or adding fuel. Bank 1 remains leaner than bank 2. It would also be time to verify there are no boost leaks.
This is what I've been saying all along :) 94% IDC is fine. We already know the ecu is trying to pull fuel due to his long term fuel trims in the positive. He has a boost leak in bank 2......It's not uncommon to run up to 120% IDC.

DHall1
June 9th, 2011, 05:28
I dont know anything about the ecu pulling fuel. I have not seen the long term fuel trims. I also dont know if these injectors can be driven 120%

V8weight
June 9th, 2011, 06:11
Adaptation idle/parial bank 1....(0.8),(1.6)
" ". Bank2.....(.9),(2.3)

Inj timing2.08ms,idle760, load 15%, maf 5.4ish

I dont know anything about the ecu pulling fuel. I have not seen the long term fuel trims. I also dont know if these injectors can be driven 120%
His long term fuel trims are 1.6 and 2.3. The ECU is pulling fuel, not enriching as if compensating for inadequate injectors. Now, if he's been pulling his battery cable and recklessly resetting his ecu, these fuel trims mean nothing, as they are erased when the ecu resets, and it takes hundreds of miles to relearn the LTFT's

speedtrapped
June 9th, 2011, 09:59
No to that concerned, I have driven about 500 miles since getting engine back. Boost leak, Dave on the pulls last night I didn't see any drop off act vs specified, except just when I was letting off throttle. I will recheck clamps, btw I may also swap ecu tonight and run my stage 2, see what happens with numbers

speedtrapped
June 9th, 2011, 10:01
Oops Dave I see that now, I'm not holding boost...leak, damn it

ttboost
June 9th, 2011, 12:00
Tell ya whAt, u bring the tt and I bring the cl, and we go to the private airstrip I was mentioning...

Been waiting for the call....I'll make the drive..depending when...

speedtrapped
June 22nd, 2011, 03:06
Update...smoked turbo circuit and NO leaks......bigger injectors it is.

4everRS
June 22nd, 2011, 03:57
So I take it the tune is ruled out?
Update...smoked turbo circuit and NO leaks......bigger injectors it is.

speedtrapped
June 22nd, 2011, 12:45
yes I would think, I ran my old ecu for a couple of days and was getting similiar readings, albeit not as lean......