PDA

View Full Version : strange braking feedback

speedtrapped
June 2nd, 2011, 13:21
Got into the beast this am, 1st drive in a couple of days.....as many know, rotors are frozen and have less then 2k miles on them, as well as the stoptechs pads. I have flushed and bled system in last 6 months....ok so I start to drive and brake lightly at stop sign, and it feels like pad grabs, slips, grab slips....and feedback on brake pedal is same feeling, like bumpy. Now it was 445am, so I didnt see any leaks on floor in garage...this is out of nowhere, my brakes are rock solid. glazed rotor? any ideas?

MaxRS6
June 2nd, 2011, 13:45
My less than .03 worth is to try bedding the pads. Brake material clumps may have formed..

JSRS6
June 2nd, 2011, 13:45
Possibly, or slight warp. I am turning mine before the trip to dc this month.

speedtrapped
June 2nd, 2011, 14:00
Ty Max and Josh, wouldnt warp happen from extreme heat conditions, like continious hard driving? Like i said this feeling, sound never existed before?

V8weight
June 2nd, 2011, 14:32
My less than .03 worth is to try bedding the pads. Brake material clumps may have formed..
I think Randy is right on the money here...anytime you park the car after driving hard without a proper cool down of the brakes, the hot rotors pull the resin out of the pads and leave a deposit on the rotors in one spot. This causes various issues, including what you've described. A couple of hard braking sessions followed by a proper cool down will take care of it.

speedtrapped
June 2nd, 2011, 14:49
ok- i will take her out after work and get on it...then drive for a little while and let brakes cool off. ty

Brav
June 3rd, 2011, 21:48
I had same issue.. I bedded the pads hard, then had rotors turned lightly, and pretty much solved it (just fronts).