PDA

View Full Version : Canadian 2004 RS6

trstanton1
June 1st, 2011, 00:42
Just considering an '04 unit built for Canadian market ie all dials are metric,etc and unit is otherwise pristine,one owner 48k km which approx 30k miles.Question for you experts..was the DRC suspension problem corrected on this unit at the factory or should I be determining what the warranty issues are with the dealer,etc and/or any other words of wisdom from you dedicated "beasty boys".
Nearly bought one a year ago and it seems there is a major service around 35k miles also??
Really appreciate your guidance and input..kind regards,Tom

bakes
June 1st, 2011, 01:36
where is this car for sale at the moment?

JSRS6
June 1st, 2011, 01:45
Drc was not corrected at the factory, they didn't fix it till a couple years ago. Go aftermarket coilover. 35k service is major, timing belt, waterpump, thermostat, fluids/filters, etc. Got any pics?

trstanton1
June 1st, 2011, 02:19
Thanks for quick response.Prefer to remain stock with suspension pieces as only looking for daily driver and total bad experience with K&N coilovers a few year agos.Know the local dealer well so not an issue discussing current attitude on DRC component recall,warranty,etc.
Can you give me an estimate on 35k mi service?Incidentally all brakes just redone including rotors so that's a goodie.Still has original tires which need replace and will refuse to use Pirellis...likely go Michelin Pilot Sport or perhaps that new Continental D/W/S which is unbelievable for the $$$.Put them on my Range Rover Sport and they are awesome...never changed a component on a vehicle that made such a remarkable driving improvement.
Appreciate your comments very much...Tom

ben916
June 1st, 2011, 02:26
Thanks for quick response.Prefer to remain stock with suspension pieces as only looking for daily driver and total bad experience with K&N coilovers a few year agos.Know the local dealer well so not an issue discussing current attitude on DRC component recall,warranty,etc.
Can you give me an estimate on 35k mi service?Incidentally all brakes just redone including rotors so that's a goodie.Still has original tires which need replace and will refuse to use Pirellis...likely go Michelin Pilot Sport or perhaps that new Continental D/W/S which is unbelievable for the $$$.Put them on my Range Rover Sport and they are awesome...never changed a component on a vehicle that made such a remarkable driving improvement.
Appreciate your comments very much...Tom

After driving/flogging the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and then the Conti DW's = Super Sports all the way...

Here is a Continental for you...
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/ben916_rs6/IMAG0508.jpg

JSRS6
June 1st, 2011, 02:35
Yes, I also flogged sum dem der tires. Get the pilot supersports. Truly amazing.

K&N coilovers??? The few options for coilovers on this car are all great, and won't leave you stranded.

35k service can vary wildly depending on dealer. Go Indy shop or DIY if you are good at that sort of thing.

Elevens
June 1st, 2011, 07:27
Warranty! Warranty! Warranty! Transmission and DRC Will let go eventually. Those are the two weak spots on these cars. The Transmission being the most expensive. Other than that, Fantastic......

PALETTE
June 1st, 2011, 20:53
Just considering an '04 unit built for Canadian market ie all dials are metric,etc and unit is otherwise pristine,one owner 48k km which approx 30k miles.Question for you experts..was the DRC suspension problem corrected on this unit at the factory or should I be determining what the warranty issues are with the dealer,etc and/or any other words of wisdom from you dedicated "beasty boys".
Nearly bought one a year ago and it seems there is a major service around 35k miles also??
Really appreciate your guidance and input..kind regards,Tom

Tom where are you located?

Get a warranty trust me i had to get the transmition redone 2 months agao and it saved me $7800.00