0-60mph = 3.7s

darkop
May 31st, 2011, 15:07
200hp/L. Ridiculous.

Joker
May 31st, 2011, 15:22
At no point did I ever consider downsizing to a A1

until now :hahahehe:
<style> qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; } </style><qtl style="display: none; left: 7px; top: 69px;" class=""> <qtlbar name="bar">http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.ask.com/favicon.ico (http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=until%20now)http://translate.google.com/favicon.ico</qtlbar> <iframe name="content"></iframe> </qtl>

RXBG
May 31st, 2011, 16:07
what is the point of these concepts except emotional masturbation? like such a car would make the light of day from the factory floor. audi doesn't even want to bump the 2.5 output to 400 hp as it is now. in fact, no new V8 from audi in 7 years.

ZeroCool
May 31st, 2011, 21:29
IMO it's just to show - Yes, we can! :D

Clubsport Quattro Video (http://www.audi4ever.at/index.php?id=88&currentPlaylist=8C8856903CA42043&video=qP5x4cojOKY)
Pic (http://www.audi4ever.at/forum/download/file.php?id=9555&mode=view)

The RS6
May 31st, 2011, 21:45
IMO it's just to show - Yes, we can! :D

Clubsport Quattro Video (http://www.audi4ever.at/index.php?id=88&currentPlaylist=8C8856903CA42043&video=qP5x4cojOKY)
Pic (http://www.audi4ever.at/forum/download/file.php?id=9555&mode=view)

Slap on some rally tires and let's go make WRC interesting all over again :hahahehe: :bye2:

Ruergard
June 1st, 2011, 07:20
Slap on some rally tires and let's go make WRC interesting all over again :hahahehe: :bye2:

Some five-cylinder howl in the forests again? I'm all in for that! :D

Toto89
June 1st, 2011, 12:19
RXBG, I don't want to argue with You, but we should all see that V8's are not in focus any more! Producing high power V8 engines is not what people need nowadays, not to mention environmental issues. What we need is more efficient technologies, just like this 5 cylinder engine. Otherwise it is for power demostration, prestige and for showing the competitors where they are...I'm completely sure about that this inline-five turbo is years ahead all other petrol engines right now.

The RS6
June 1st, 2011, 13:47
BTW, I don't think it was mentioned here on RS6.Com, that 2.5TFSI engine won the International engine award for 2011. It also won it last year in it's class...

RXBG
June 1st, 2011, 14:20
just read the latest quattro mag. the original S1 made over 500 hp from its 5 cyl engine.

F10V8TT
June 1st, 2011, 15:33
It would be nice if they released more specs on the motor....why not claim it makes 1000hp. Its a nice one off, but its main purpose is a marketing tool to boost sluggish A1 sales.

Toto89
June 1st, 2011, 16:11
I think it has 1.6 bar of turbo boost as seen on the boost gauge on the interior pics. Maximum TORQUE (instead of power as written in some places) is 660Nm between 2500 and 5300rpm. 0-100km/h in 3.7s; 0-200km/h in 10.9s; 80-120km/h in 2.4s (4th gear).

S6V10Avant
June 1st, 2011, 19:18
Could this be the spec of the upcoming Quattro Concept ?

Joker
June 1st, 2011, 20:26
It would be nice if they released more specs on the motor....why not claim it makes 1000hp. Its a nice one off, but its main purpose is a marketing tool to boost sluggish A1 sales.

Do I feel a bit of resentment here. What, is BMW cars and forums boring you. :hihi:

Yes it's a marketing tool but why suggest the A1 isn't performing well in sales, compared to what?

Oh and your remarks about it's output, come on, there are 500hp TTRS models out there on the streets right now.

My I suggest Pi$$ing off back to the hole you crawled out of.

F10V8TT
June 1st, 2011, 21:35
Im here to stay...Im glad your so intrested in my post though. I was just stating facts.

"My I suggest Pi$$ing off back to the hole you crawled out of. " I would rather piss you off.

"there are 500hp TTRS models out there on the streets right now." There are 500hp versions of many cars on the street right now...

500Hp out of that motor must create alot of lag, and the power is only available in a 2800rpm window...dosent sound very drivable especially throught a FWD based haldex system (torque steer).

This is a good motor though, it won the international engine of the year award, and BMW won 4 this year with 4 different engines.

To bad BMW has patented its creation of an exhaust manifold that works by ensuring that each turbo is given a burst of exhaust gas at even intervals resulting in almost no turbo lag.

Did you know BMW had its first turbo production car on the market in 1972, while Audi didnt come out with one until 1979.....always follow? isnt that the saying I cant remember.

Ok im going back to my BMW hole now to admire the best engine manufacture on the planet. BMW.

Toto89
June 1st, 2011, 21:48
I do not want to sour you Sir but we must tell you that...Umm...The best engine manufacturer on the planet needed 1.5 bar of boost from a bi-turbo system for it's 4,4L V8 block to achieve 555bhp. Audi needed 1.6 bar from a single-turbo 2.5 to get 503. And there is still a lot of space for modification.

Regards,
Tom

Joker
June 1st, 2011, 23:02
Im here to stay...Im glad your so intrested in my post though. I was just stating facts.

Far be it for me to question whether you are here to stay, I would have thought this was the decision of Erik. But as a first post I would say you didn't win any fans here.

"My I suggest Pi$$ing off back to the hole you crawled out of. " I would rather piss you off.

You won't piss me off, but you might piss off the rest of the community with you BS.

"there are 500hp TTRS models out there on the streets right now." There are 500hp versions of many cars on the street right now...

500Hp out of that motor must create alot of lag, and the power is only available in a 2800rpm window...dosent sound very drivable especially throught a FWD based haldex system (torque steer).

Of course there are lots of 500hp versions of many cars out there but I'm betting the number that have only 2.5 litres are limited and of those I doubt there will be any as drive-able as this one will be. Also the 2800rpm window refers to peak torque and not peak power, I'm yet to see a road engine that has a peak power that ranges 2800rpm but if you find one please tell me.

This is a good motor though, it won the international engine of the year award, and BMW won 4 this year with 4 different engines.

To bad BMW has patented its creation of an exhaust manifold that works by ensuring that each turbo is given a burst of exhaust gas at even intervals resulting in almost no turbo lag.

I must confess BMW's record in winning these awards are legendary and their new turbo configuration is ingenious, but I dont see it having a noticeable difference in lag compared to Audi 5.0TFSI.

Did you know BMW had its first turbo production car on the market in 1972, while Audi didnt come out with one until 1979.....always follow? isnt that the saying I cant remember.

Ok im going back to my BMW hole now to admire the best engine manufacture on the planet. BMW.

And pray please tell us where is this BMW hole you living so as we can avoid it like the plague.

rs-6
June 2nd, 2011, 06:53
bring this on the market Audi: RS1 with the 'standard' 340hp will do the trick :)
And these engine figures in the production version of the Quattro-concept

The RS6
June 2nd, 2011, 07:00
2002 RS6 was a TwinTurbo V8, 4WD.

After all these years of convincing the world that N/A engines are best and that RWD rules, your king, 2012 M5 will be...ummmm?

ved
June 2nd, 2011, 07:40
I <3 the 5cyl motor :)

If this car ever goes into production albeit in a watered down form, I will def get one :)

F10V8TT
June 2nd, 2011, 13:31
"The best engine manufacturer on the planet needed 1.5 bar of boost from a bi-turbo system for it's 4,4L V8 block to achieve 555bhp. "

It also has a torque curve as flat as Kansas. Max torque from 1500 all they way to 6000. You can slap a big turbo on anything and have it make big power, which is not necessarily an impressive engineering feat. Its how the engines power delivery is engineered. BMW motors are smooth a with linear power delivery, and have peak power and torque in all the right places...hence all the awards.

"After all these years of convincing the world that N/A engines are best and that RWD rules, your king, 2012 M5 will be" .......The benchmark.

The world changes, BMW cannot control oil prices. If they are to remain independent they have to adapt. Plus BMW was the first german manufacture to utilize turbos in a production car.

Toto89
June 2nd, 2011, 13:49
Yes, they were the first to use turbo engines, and i'm not doubting that they were brilliant engines, but it seems that all of the engineering know how of building turbo engines have gone. Just look at inline 6 turbos, too many issues with bi-turbo charging, then came the twin power turbo but all of that for what? Making 100hp/L...There is no need for the complicated in-V twin turbo system of the 4.4 engine either. With inside exhaust side, it can be done with one turbo as well, just see Audis R18 engine, huge turbo pressure, and only slight lag due to VTG turbo. And you mention flat torque curve...Maximal torque from 2500-5300 is not flat enough in a racing engine? Most diesels are only dreaming of that torque band. Technologies like twin power turbo are useless in practice.

Joker
June 2nd, 2011, 14:41
"The best engine manufacturer on the planet needed 1.5 bar of boost from a bi-turbo system for it's 4,4L V8 block to achieve 555bhp. "

It also has a torque curve as flat as Kansas. Max torque from 1500 all they way to 6000. You can slap a big turbo on anything and have it make big power, which is not necessarily an impressive engineering feat. Its how the engines power delivery is engineered. BMW motors are smooth a with linear power delivery, and have peak power and torque in all the right places...hence all the awards.

Audi have been doing flat torque curve since as long ago as the original TT. Who's following who here?

BMW FI motors are smooth with a linear power delivery, compared with what????????? Read comparisons between their 335i and the S4 to hear who's engine is the smoothest with the most linear delivery. Audi adapt their FI technology to suit the application, something that BMW haven't quite grasped.

Sure BMW do well in these awards but the same is also true for VAG. If you actually looked at which brand bring the latest engine technologies first I would say it's all but even, somethings Audi are first whilst in others it's BMW. I will admit that BMW adapt their technologies to mainstream quicker which is why they enjoyed a period of having no rivals to their brilliant 35d engine. Another thing I will conceed is that they understood the importance of weight in performance motors long ago, something Audi have only truly woke up to, but now they are awake I wouldn't be betting against them on being top dog in the weight department. Speaking of which, what is the weight of the next M5, is it as light as the last one? ;)

"After all these years of convincing the world that N/A engines are best and that RWD rules, your king, 2012 M5 will be" .......The benchmark.

The world changes, BMW cannot control oil prices. If they are to remain independent they have to adapt. Plus BMW was the first german manufacture to utilize turbos in a production car.

BULLSHIT, BMW have finally woke up to the reality that for their M5 to compete with the RS6 on it's power level it needed to make the option of AWD available. 575hp going to the rear axle on a thing weighing two tons could only equal one thing, shredded tires.

As for the switch to turbo, well I bet Audi welcome this as it proves that their years of using the technology was no only ahead of the curve but was the right decision after all. :hihi:

Lets wait and see what Audi offer us with the next RS6 to see who's the dad.

<style> qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; } </style><qtl style="display: none; left: 517px; top: 218px;" class=""> <qtlbar name="bar">http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.ask.com/favicon.ico (http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=[/QUOTE])http://translate.google.com/favicon.ico</qtlbar> <iframe name="content"></iframe> </qtl><style> qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; } </style><qtl style="display: none; left: 443px; top: 289px;" class=""> <qtlbar name="bar">http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.ask.com/favicon.ico (http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=the%20)http://translate.google.com/favicon.ico</qtlbar> <iframe name="content"></iframe> </qtl>

F10V8TT
June 2nd, 2011, 15:35
"Just look at inline 6 turbos, too many issues with bi-turbo charging, then came the twin power turbo but all of that for what? Making 100hp/L"<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The only Issue with the twin turbo 6 was a fuel pump recall. The N55(the twin turbo motor) has won the International engine of the year award 4 years in a row in its category. And was the first turbo motor to utilize direct injection along with valvetronic, while using a magnesium crank to reduce weight. While producing max torque from 1200 to 5000rpm.<o:p></o:p>
BMW came out with the twin power turbo b/c it was more efficient, and what wrong with 100hp/L 99% of people who buy these car use them to go to work and back…it’s not meant to be a racecar, plus Audis 3.0T has the same stats in regards’ to power output per liter..<o:p></o:p>
“There is no need for the complicated in-V twin turbo system of the 4.4 engine either”<o:p></o:p>
For one it makes the engine packaging more compact, and having two small turbos reduces lag while increasing low end torque. Audi/Bentley’s new 4.0T will surprise..feature turbos in the V of the engine, and have single and twin turbo versions as well.<o:p></o:p>
Speaking of which, what is the weight of the next M5, is it as light as the last one? <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 alt="http://www.3gun.se/images/smilies/wink.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="wink" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ZANDON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01 \clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>”<o:p></o:p>
True, Audi did one up BMW with the use of aluminum in their current model lineup, but BMW will leap-frog them with their next generation of cars, b/c BMW is leading in the development of carbon fiber for mass production, along with other light weight technologies. <o:p></o:p>
“BMW have finally woke up to the reality that for their M5 to compete with the RS6 on it's power level it needed to make the option of AWD available. 575hp going to the rear axle on a thing weighing two tons could only equal one thing, shredded tires.”<o:p></o:p>
The RS6 was only faster than the M5 in a straight line, put them on a track and they will be within a second of each other despite the 75hp and 100lb/ft difference between the two. The M5 is the more overall balanced machine.<o:p></o:p>
“As for the switch to turbo, well I bet Audi welcome this as it proves that their years of using the technology was no only ahead of the curve but was the right decision after all.”<o:p></o:p>
What about Audis switch from turbos to high revving engines over the last 6 years, and now back to turbos..<o:p></o:p>
“Lets wait and see what Audi offer us with the next RS6 to see who's the dad.”<o:p></o:p>
BMW’s development budget for the F10 M5 has been massive; it has been track testing the new M5 for over 3 years now. Other cars may come out and be quicker in a straight line, but around a track, and in terms of balance the M5 will be in a class of its own.<o:p></o:p>
Here is a sneak peak.<o:p></o:p>
xxx<o:p></o:p>

Loaded
June 2nd, 2011, 16:07
Here is another video.. This time the making of it..!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ye3wV3XXgU&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy

Erik
June 2nd, 2011, 19:42
The best seeling M cars are now AWD.

"Sports cars" like the X5 M and X6 M.
AWD, V8, TT...heavy.

And now the F10 V8 TT will come with the AWD option as well, at least according to rumors.
I've attended M driving days with people telling me the benefits of RWD only, I wonder if they will be out of a job now or adapt to management?
Or start working for MB?

With 400 hp + people are tired of staring at the flashing ESP while accelerating.

I rest my case.

And, oh, something tells me we've banned the user "F10V8TT" once or twice before. Good try. I spotted you on your first post, I hope you enjoyed the life of 4.

Let's go back to discussing the A1. :)

darkop
June 2nd, 2011, 20:24
^
why did u ban him?! it's not his fault he's living in the past and inexperience... did he offend anyone with that?

Joker
June 2nd, 2011, 21:50
^ I thought him entertaining because on every point it was so easy to counter. Probably best to have not brought up the M5 though, especially as they are including AWD. Oh and on the subject of this brilliant engine, it is ingenious you know but I wonder what tuning potential it has, heat will surely be an issue for both this and Audi's new v8 with it's turbo/s inboard. Why not switch to the latest supercharging technology that's combining a gearbox.

Joker
June 3rd, 2011, 10:06
And the award to the most smilies used in one post goes to

F10V8TT

Unfortunately he is no longer here to accept this award. :lovl:
<style> qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; } </style><qtl style="display: none; left: 65px; top: 50px;" class=""> <qtlbar name="bar">http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.ask.com/favicon.ico (http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=F10V8TT)http://translate.google.com/favicon.ico</qtlbar> <iframe name="content"></iframe> </qtl>

Benman
June 4th, 2011, 04:14
I could definitely turn in the CBR for that as a new commuter! I wonder how watered down it will actually be once (if) it is released?

Mr Balsen
June 4th, 2011, 18:25
My little finger who was recently at Ingolstadt was told that Audi is not the only company which put an 5 cylinders 2,5l 500hp engine in an A1...

The RS6
June 4th, 2011, 18:34
My little finger who was recently at Ingolstadt was told that Audi is not the only company to put an 5 cylinders 2,5l 500hp engine in an A1...

hahah WOW I really wanted to see your reply in this thread :)

Not only will that be insane in an A1, what you're basically saying is that 500 really is possible with some magic from Wettstetten...

rs-6
June 4th, 2011, 22:01
Is there even the slightest chance that we'll see this engine in a production A1?

Erik
June 4th, 2011, 22:25
Is there even the slightest chance that we'll see this engine in a production A1?

No chance. Sorry.

youry
June 5th, 2011, 23:13
frederik. don't take this badly but "mon petit doigt m'a dit" doesn't traduce well in english with "my little finger ...". expressions don't traduce well literally. To be honest I do'nt know how to best traduce in english what you want to say... but i'm sure there is a better way....

don't take this personally its really to make things better not to complaign or anything negative...

I think you could say in english (english speaking guys please helps here)... "a little bird told me" or i've heard something like "by the pricking of my thumb...." as well as a good way to say what frederic wants to say...

The RS6
June 6th, 2011, 20:20
LoL, I've always loved information coming from THE little finger...thought it was something unique. Didn't know it was actually a wrong (?) translation :D

Anyways, looking forward to new information from THE little finger! Or the little bird, or whatever...

rs-6
June 6th, 2011, 20:24
NO YOURY, you shouldn't have done this. His little finger is almost mythical on this forum...

youry
June 7th, 2011, 17:31
fine with me than...

Mr Balsen
June 7th, 2011, 21:11
I have started the wrong way but can not change anyway !!!!!

So My little finger told me that the A1 with a 2,5l 500hp engine not made by Audi went to Nardo recently and was measured at more than 300 km/h...

Ruergard
June 7th, 2011, 22:12
No need to change, the finger does the job just fine. ;-)

This sounds more and more interesting!