PDA

View Full Version : What is an RS6 with a slipping tranny worth?

UrS6
May 30th, 2011, 20:50
I am looking to buy an RS6 and saw one for sale with 57k on it and the tranny is starting to slip. I'd like to do a 6 speed swap anyway. They are asking for $23,500 and it has a dent in the rear fender. What is a reasonable price? I don't have any other info about maintenance, etc

marklar182
May 30th, 2011, 20:53
20K or below IMO.

JSRS6
May 30th, 2011, 21:52
Where is it being sold? I got mine up north(chicago) a little over a year ago for 25 with 68k, and all it needed was brakes and tires soon after. everything else was stock and in good shape. You need to see it in person or have someone you trust look at it...

JSRS6
May 30th, 2011, 21:56
20K or below IMO.

and i agree with this definitely, especially with the dent.

hahnmgh63
May 30th, 2011, 23:49
What are the rest of the details on the car? Mileage, previous repairs? Mx receipts? Location? Any Mods? Most likely not worth that much but list the details please?

UrS6
May 31st, 2011, 00:07
What are the rest of the details on the car? Mileage, previous repairs? Mx receipts? Location? Any Mods? Most likely not worth that much but list the details please?

No mods that I'm aware of. The rest of the info is in my original post. I have not seen it yet but want to see what's reasonable because I don't think 23.5 is. What's the parts and labor for a tranny?

HT MOtorsport
May 31st, 2011, 00:15
I have a spare known good tranny and torque convereter for sale if you need one before you get to the 6spd conversion. Beat em down on price to below 20K for sure.

mmaturo
May 31st, 2011, 05:08
Well below 20. Car is worth low 20s in good shape. 2K off for dent, 5K off for trans.

mmaturo
May 31st, 2011, 05:13
Hell for the same $, buy my old one at Continental Audi in
Naperville IL for 21-22 (maybe less) and its perfect on the outside, very good interior, very strong engine and trans that will last you a bit. Everything else is indeed new including timing belt, suspension, etc, 89K on the clock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RS6-QUATTRO-AWD-AUTO-BOSE-6CD-CASS-HTD-LTHR-SNRF-LOOK-/110692127238?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c5c3d206

ben916
May 31st, 2011, 06:50
Naperville IL for 21-22 (maybe less) and its perfect on the outside, very good interior, very strong engine and trans that will last you a bit. Everything else is indeed new including timing belt, suspension, etc, 89K on the clock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RS6-QUATTRO-AWD-AUTO-BOSE-6CD-CASS-HTD-LTHR-SNRF-LOOK-/110692127238?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c5c3d206

hmmm... perhaps you know a little on this one? ;)

UrS6
May 31st, 2011, 13:16

The idea would be to get it much cheaper, say $17-18k (based on what was said above to take off 5k for tranny and 2k for dent) and do a 6-speed swap. Then I have a 6-speed RS6 for $24k. Buying a similar one with a good tranny for the same price defeats the purpose.

mmaturo
May 31st, 2011, 16:37
I think the car you are looking at should be $16K at most. They know they have a disaster and to fix it themselves with a rebuilt unit or send it to an Audi dealer its minimum of a 5 to 6K fix. DH was looking at a car late last year with a blown tranny stuck at auction...it should have gone for even less if the dealer just sucked it up.

Kidding on my old car. Just want to see it live on. Although i already posted the trade in number...there is room to deal with them to a lower number.

TozoM8
May 31st, 2011, 22:36
$15K max. It is broken.

716YETI
June 1st, 2011, 03:12
Wow you guys are brutal. The car only has 57000 on it. I guess it really depends on records, my car had over $20,000 worth of recent records and the big things like turbos and suspension were done. Of course I have learned that you can still dump several thousand more in a heartbeat.

TozoM8
June 1st, 2011, 03:52
Well, it is 9 years old and needs $$$ fixin........

mmaturo
June 1st, 2011, 04:50
How is it brutal...it has a dent too...who wants a car with defects plus a trans at any mileage...auction prices are a simple guide to this though...they are low and under 20 except for very low mileage cars. RS6s are leveled off i think as my trade in was higher than the same time last year but still 57K is a lot of miles with just 10K or less till it needs major work besides the tranny...the timing belt needs to be changed and its a big job absent doing it yourself, and definitely at this mileage the control arms and everything in the front with a bushing will start to go or already have checked out as well as CV boots. So its a mileage that I would be wary of.

hahnmgh63
June 1st, 2011, 05:18
I just now happen to have the tranny out of my RS6 available. It shifted good with only 67K on it but with the reputation of these I would never recommend a used tranny to be dropped in without a rebuild.

716YETI
June 1st, 2011, 06:19
How is it brutal...it has a dent too...who wants a car with defects plus a trans at any mileage...auction prices are a simple guide to this though...they are low and under 20 except for very low mileage cars. RS6s are leveled off i think as my trade in was higher than the same time last year but still 57K is a lot of miles with just 10K or less till it needs major work besides the tranny...the timing belt needs to be changed and its a big job absent doing it yourself, and definitely at this mileage the control arms and everything in the front with a bushing will start to go or already have checked out as well as CV boots. So its a mileage that I would be wary of.

Good point, that is about the mileage on mine when a lot of work was done. Records make the difference on a car like this.