PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Advice Needed: EBC RED vs. EBC YELLOW vs. OEM

nistah
May 25th, 2011, 16:34
Hi It's about time for me to replace my pads & wanted insight on which I should go with...I am deciding btwn OEM, EBC Red or EBC Yellow. I do not know the differences between them tho have heard good things about EBC. Can someone advise if the EBC's make noise that would be a deal breaker and drive me nuts. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

hahnmgh63
May 25th, 2011, 17:29
I never had break-in squeal with the EBC Reds but some have had for the first few hundred miles. Stay away from OEM due to price & performance. I currently have a new set of EBC Yellow's on and they brake better than the Reds, are higher temp compatible, but they do have break-in squeal and I don't have that many miles on them yet as my car is apart so I don't know yet if the squeal will go away. It isn't a real loud or annoying squeal just a light squeal occaisonally on stopping. I have tracked with EBC Yellows on one of my Porsche's and was very happy about them in the past. The Reds dust much less than stock and the Yellow's are in the middle of OEM & Reds as far as dusting goes.

speedtrapped
May 25th, 2011, 18:50
I have the reds on my cl65, new rotors squeal like crazy on a soft pedal...hard brake and those babys quietly vise the car to a complete stop.....the noise goes away, just properly seating....I actually use stoptechs on the RS6 and luv them, no dust and NO squeal...maintain a really strong bite on hard driving