PDA

View Full Version : FS: OEM Black Optic kit

bruce
May 24th, 2011, 02:40
Been awhile since I've been here guys. How y'all? Was cleaning out garage and would like to sell some stuff. I was going to install the black optic (titanium) OEM trim kit but decided against because I went with of a different set of new wheels that ended up matching the original brushed aluminum. Complete kit bought directly from OEMPlus for like $1,200 and never even taken out of the box, so I assume it is in perfect condition. Any one interested? Make me an offer....

Here is a list of the parts that the kit comes with:

Front Window Molding - Left

Front Window Molding - Right

Front/Rear Window Molding, Pop Rivet

Hex Nut, M5

Pillar B Molding, Left

Pillar B Molding, Right

Pillar C Molding, Left

Pillar C Molding, Pop-Rivet

Pillar C Molding, Right

Rear Window Molding, Left

Rear Window Molding, Right

Roof Molding, Cup Rivet

Side Window Molding, Clip

Side Window Molding, Cup Rivet

Side Window Molding, Left

Side Window Molding, Right

Trunk Molding - Avant

nene
May 24th, 2011, 02:52
No grill on the kit? The trunk molding is for the Avant; does that mean it won't work on the sedan?
Can you send me a screenshot or two of the parts? I am seriously interested, but only if the grill's included.

bruce
May 24th, 2011, 03:22
No grill on the kit? The trunk molding is for the Avant; does that mean it won't work on the sedan?
Can you send me a screenshot or two of the parts? I am seriously interested, but only if the grill's included.

No grill

That parts list was prior to my ordering it. The kit I have is for a sedan, not avant. Sorry for confusion.

nene
May 24th, 2011, 04:23
Thanks for the quick update Bruce. Good luck on your sale.

dwarfboy
May 24th, 2011, 06:26
So this replaces all the exterior aluminum trim with black trim?

I already have the grill, trunk, and under headlight trim so I might be interested to complete the look.

Any idea how difficult removing everything and replacing it is? Do I need any special tools?

JSRS6
May 24th, 2011, 09:29
A trim removal kit was very beneficial when I did mine. You can get one here:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Trim_Removal_Tools/ES517779/

As for the roofline trim along the window, you simply remove the plastic cover that runs it's length underneath and remove the rivets. Replace with new trim and pop rivet it on. Around the rear quarter glass it clips in and this is kinda a PITA. Just need a lil patience.

Stephencl
May 24th, 2011, 11:59
PM sent....I would like it.

Stephen

JSRS6
May 24th, 2011, 12:03
PM sent....I would like it.

Stephen

LOL, dont you already have a set?

Stephencl
May 24th, 2011, 13:10
LOL, dont you already have a set?

Long story :(. Tell you in a few weeks.

JSRS6
May 24th, 2011, 13:43
Roger. Need some help? :hihi:

speedtrapped
May 24th, 2011, 14:21
Stephen when are you coming north? How did the hood work out? sorry for hijack

Stephencl
May 24th, 2011, 14:25
Hood did not work out as well as I would have liked. 5th and final hood was the best. Direct from Audi. Done with paint tomorrow. Clear bra will go on next Monday, drive up on Tuesday/Wednesday is the goal.

Stephen

speedtrapped
May 24th, 2011, 14:40
cool LMK....

Stephencl
May 29th, 2011, 04:13
Did somone beat me to this? I have not heard back from Bruce....and he has not been back to the board since the day he posted for sale. If you snagged them, please just let me know.

Warm regards,

Stephen