PDA

View Full Version : O.CT Chip update!!

AvusRS6
October 3rd, 2003, 04:25
Received the updated chip today and turns out that the updates don't require sending out the ECU, it was a DIY job.

Took out old chip and popped in the new one and went for a 100 mile test drive.

Before I was complaining about 1st and 2nd being the weakest gear and 4th being one of the strongest...totally opposite now.

1st and 2nd is like WOW!!!! What a night and day difference. The power is extremely linear now which wasn't the case with the fist version as the car was surging.

Old Rev. had most of the TQ coming in early close to 3K RPM but now it seems to be more like 3500RPM and 4th gear doesn't seem as strong, maybe because 1, 2 and 3 are much stronger now. I am totally excited now and realize this is how it should have been!

Bob of Stratmosphere worked with me from beginning to end...4 thumbs up to Bob and his crew - talk about GREAT customer service.

Today my buddy and I traded cars for 30 mins, he took my RS6 and I took his E55. After all said and done we both said the same thing to each other "man, your car is surely faster than mine". I couldn't believe he said that as I was pretty sure the E55 felt faster. The E55 will light up the tires like crazy, even on a rolling start the car jerked sideways...holy cow this car has some massive torque!

What my buddy LOVED about the RS6 was he said "your car drives like a sports car and mine still like a luxury car". This I agree 100% as the E55 is overly floaty and the brakes are too mushy for 8 Piston calipers.

Erik
October 3rd, 2003, 07:54
Thanks for the write-up and I hope the dyno gives you better readings this time.

Did you remap the tip as well?

Finnus
October 3rd, 2003, 10:21
Avus,

Great news! Look forward to the new dyno results. What was the stated hp - about 510-525?

Finnus

:addict:

andyp
October 3rd, 2003, 12:25
Thanks for the report ... sounds good. I think I'll give them a call today. Did you keep your standard exhaust? Where is the ECU on the car? Any qualms about warranty?

iconcls
October 3rd, 2003, 13:41
Look forward to seeing the new dyno results.

AvusRS6
October 4th, 2003, 18:33
Willl try to Dyno on Tuesday...been busy with work.

Also noticed that my throttle response seems much much better than the 1st version I had. For some odd dumb reason, my exhaust seems louder as well as my wife pointed it out to me last night...BTW she hates riding in the BEAST. Women! :race:

Bauer
October 6th, 2003, 06:44
Avus,

Glad to hear it sounds like the problem has been worked out. Look forward to hearing about the dyno results.

Also, thank you for the comparison with the E55. I have heard the same as you experiend about the car. :cheers:

PS did you sell the rims?

AvusRS6
October 6th, 2003, 16:09
Originally posted by Bauer
Avus,

Glad to hear it sounds like the problem has been worked out. Look forward to hearing about the dyno results.

Also, thank you for the comparison with the E55. I have heard the same as you experiend about the car. :cheers:

PS did you sell the rims?

Will update everyone tomorrow. I have Dyno scheduled.

Still have the rims...would like to sell them but have not tried aggressively to get rid of them.

TaTaPiRaTa
October 6th, 2003, 17:39
AvusRS6!

Did you reprogram engine electronics only or TIP as well?
Did you install any "sport air filters"?

THANKS

Bauer
October 6th, 2003, 18:03
Avus,

email me the asking price for rims and tires @ ben_lee_bauer@yahoo.com. I may be intrested.
:cheers:

PLEASE NOTE: there are underscores between ben_lee_bauer...does not show because of underline

360M
October 9th, 2003, 18:34
Originally posted by AvusRS6

Still have the rims...would like to sell them but have not tried aggressively to get rid of them.

I'm also interested in the wheels. I can be emailed at jayL911@hotmail.com

TaTaPiRaTa
October 23rd, 2003, 21:43
Originally posted by AvusRS6

Can you please give more info after time passed.
Any new remarks ? Fuel usage?

Please keep your promises with the dyno....
:addict: