PDA

View Full Version : FK Coilovers.

kilian tuning
May 18th, 2011, 10:49
Has somebody experiences with these coilovers? They are much cheaper then the bilsteins or kw...
Maybe less possibilities in adjustments or quality.
http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=9516&manufacturer=FK&category=Suspension

JSRS6
May 18th, 2011, 10:58
Not on the rs6, but they are very popular with the VW crowd. From what i have seen, very good quality.

V8weight
May 18th, 2011, 13:32
They are essentially KW V1's with a cheaper galvanized steel shock body.

yokust
May 18th, 2011, 20:22
They are essentially KW V1's with a cheaper galvanized steel shock body.

Nope Weitec is the KW cheap line.

And another option to remember is that you can go with any of the KW's for an S6. KW jsut makes a RS6 specific kit in only a V3.

Just like PSS9's they only make 1 kit for all C5 chassis cars.

So you can get V1 or V2 for S6 and work just fine and at a much cheaper cost.

I run V2's from 02 S6 in my RS6

Granted I would love to have the V3's but I could not justify the cost for them, and allready had the V2 kit off my old S6

GEN XER
May 19th, 2011, 01:41
Ive got a set of FK Streetlines on my mk3 Jetta. Having owned a rs6 and knowing the driving characteristics, I would not go with FK's on one. They work great on VW's because they are lighter than the RS6. If my car was heavier the ride would be terrible. They are a good coil for a VW but I don't think I would go with this coil on an RS6. On the other side of that coin, if no one does it then we'll never know. They may turn out to work just fine, just no one has fitted them on the car to find out. If they dont work on the car you can always sell them to an s6 owner and get different one's.

GEN XER
May 19th, 2011, 01:45
Ive got a set of FK Streetlines on my mk3 Jetta. Having owned a rs6 and knowing the driving characteristics, I would not go with FK's on one. They work great on VW's because they are lighter than the RS6. If my car was heavier the ride would be terrible. They are a good coil for a VW but I don't think I would go with this coil on an RS6. On the other side of that coin, if no one does it then we'll never know. They may turn out to work just fine, just no one has fitted them on the car to find out. If they dont work on the car you can always sell them to an s6 owner and get different one's.

Now that I opened the link and see that they are Konigsport, what I will tell you from those who have had these is they are very firm to harsh. If you like a very firm ride then you want these. I can tell you from experience in my GTI very firm gets old quick.

JCviggen
May 19th, 2011, 20:09
Ive got a set of FK Streetlines on my mk3 Jetta. Having owned a rs6 and knowing the driving characteristics, I would not go with FK's on one. They work great on VW's because they are lighter than the RS6. If my car was heavier the ride would be terrible. .

They aren't going to sell exactly the same coilover with the same spring rate for every car...so the Jetta ones probably cannot be directly compared with the ones that fit the '6.
In about 2 weeks from now I can tell you how the silverline X (konigsport) FK's are on my avant.