PDA

View Full Version : New hood alignment issues...anyone with ideas?

Stephencl
May 11th, 2011, 17:31
Hello,

I am scratching my head a bit right now. As most of you know, my car had hail damage from last summer. The hood was beyond repair. We have now been through three hoods from Audi and another one from a forum member. Here is the issue, along the passenger side, the fender and hood don't align right. The hood bulges along the fender line....like a good 5m on the worst hood and maybe just 1.5mm with the latest used hood from a forum member.

Weird thing is when I put my old hood back on...presto, fits perfectly.

Now, all three of the audi hoods had damage marks on the side of the hoods right where the bulge was, almost like they were dropped in shipping or where they were clamped to be primered.

Has anyone else had issues with Hood Alignement? Also, does anyone have suggestions for adjusting? There are not many adjustments for height etc.

Any help would be appreciated, this is drving me NUTS. I have been without my car for over 2 months.

Stephen

mmaturo
May 11th, 2011, 22:39
Interesting...funny thing is my car had this problem with the stock hood after a few too many tranny/engine drops the fender was in a bit and the hood up on the passenger side as you describe but but only the 1.5mm degree. A body shop got the fender back but the hood edge was/is a little bit up. I thought someone torqued it a little too much once.