PDA

View Full Version : Readiness test

melsas
May 11th, 2011, 02:31
I've got two sections: Secondary air injectors & Evaporative Emissions to reset for Readiness test so I can get emissions test done. Car was at dealer for ten days, so battery was disconnected.
Anyone know a shortcut using VAG Com? There is no script for our engine.

marklar182
May 11th, 2011, 03:31
No short cut, need to drive it! Highway and stop and go.

twinsteve
May 11th, 2011, 03:35
I've got two sections: Secondary air injectors & Evaporative Emissions to reset for Readiness test so I can get emissions test done. Car was at dealer for ten days, so battery was disconnected.
Anyone know a shortcut using VAG Com? There is no script for our engine.

How did JE do for you?

TozoM8
May 11th, 2011, 12:44
You can set readiness with van com, but it is not easy. You need to maintain raised rpm steady for a long period of time and the throttle by wire cars don't like that.

V8weight
May 11th, 2011, 13:32
You can set readiness with van com, but it is not easy. You need to maintain raised rpm steady for a long period of time and the throttle by wire cars don't like that.
2500rpm for over a minute to force readiness if I remember correctly. It's like pushing a rope to get these things to maintain a constant rpm with the throttle.

lswing
October 8th, 2015, 19:10
Anybody do this?

I seem to be running into the issue that our car has no script so Readiness is not able to be set? Button is grayed out when I go to the Set Readiness section in VCDS.

lswing
October 8th, 2015, 23:33
Anybody?

https://media4.giphy.com/media/sW6P26sp3HFvy/200_s.gif

urs6ville
October 10th, 2015, 23:03
Anybody do this?

I seem to be running into the issue that our car has no script so Readiness is not able to be set? Button is grayed out when I go to the Set Readiness section in VCDS.

same for me...I must have misread comments/advice on my thread http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32426-More-emissions-hassle-(state-of-MA) that the VAG COM can help... appears that it can't.