PDA

View Full Version : High Pressure G65 Sensor replacement

Chung
May 5th, 2011, 15:17
I was wondering how difficult it is to replace the high pressure sensor for the air conditioning system? I am getting an error in the VAGCOM and this is probably why my AC won't turn on sometimes. Recently I had the A/C compressor and some tube for the A/C replaced.

Please tell me this isn't an engine removal :)

hahnmgh63
May 5th, 2011, 16:16
If that is the one up by the condensor then it wouldn't be tough to get at with the bumper off. Bumper removal is only about a 15 minute job with practice or maybe 30 minutes without.

Chung
May 5th, 2011, 18:51
grrr, the shop says 3-4 hours for an evacuation of the AC and replacement of the sensor.

terrytcl
May 5th, 2011, 20:22
actually, i think all you need is a vagcom recode of your AC system.

this kind of error comes up when you swap/replace the cabin control unit.

JSRS6
May 5th, 2011, 21:56
Yeah, but doesn't removal of the high pressure sensor release the refrigerant?

Chung
May 5th, 2011, 23:15
That is consistentwith what I was told. I think I am going to live with it broken for a little bit. It is annoying that it wasn't caught when I was have the AC Compressor and other items replaced where it could have been replaced without any refrigerant in the system. In fact it is the refrigerant part that is half the labor.

I also get to take the car in at the end of the month for the DRC recall.

ben916
May 5th, 2011, 23:52
I also get to take the car in at the end of the month for the DRC recall.

WHA?!?!
I thought that campaign was finished in Aug 2010 (according to the DRC recall documentation; same document that states there are 1460 RS6 in the US/Canada)

Chung
May 6th, 2011, 00:06
Audi told me Aug 2011. I scheduled the repairs, I hope they honor it.

ben916
May 6th, 2011, 07:18
You should ask if the SA will offer a set of KWv3 or PSS9's instead... they cost less and then you don't have to be worried about the DRC in the future and you have Audi pay for it :)

hahnmgh63
May 6th, 2011, 14:09
Chung, where are you taking your car for DRC work? My car and a couple others done by University looked a little high. Barrier did Vitalian's car and it looks good.

Chung
May 6th, 2011, 15:17
I am taking it to Barrier. I double checked the DRC recall letter and it does say Aug 2011.

Has anyone been successful in negotiating with Audi to get an aftermarket suspension?