PDA

View Full Version : Limited edition winter wheel from Audi

andyp
October 2nd, 2003, 02:46
Just heard from my dealer that Audi are offering a limited edition (100 sets only to be sold) winter wheel/tire ... anybody know more about this? My dealer is hopefully getting me details.

Erik
October 2nd, 2003, 08:27
Why would anyone make limited edition tires? :confused:

andyp
October 2nd, 2003, 13:32
Sorry Eric ... that would be limited edition wheels (but they come with tires). Supposedly, my dealer received an Audi bulletin on this yesterday but the guy who had the details had left for the day.

oregonbob
October 3rd, 2003, 01:10
My Audi parts manager confirms winter wheels with tires mounted. I requested info on wheel and tire size and model. I'll pass on anything I receive.

Bob

oregonbob
October 3rd, 2003, 16:20
Here's the quote from my dealer:

"The wheels are 18x7.5 and the tires used are Dunlop Winter Sport M3 225/45/18. It appears that they have all been sold already. The set went for 2200.00."

Bob

Alan
October 3rd, 2003, 22:40
same tire as the "Audi package" (Dunlop Winter Sport) on a AT wheel for $1600.

gregoryindiana
October 4th, 2003, 03:58
I am always fascinated about the idea of a limited edition wheel. If i were Audi, I would sell a set of these to anyone who ordered a set within a finite time period, say 6 months.

This would give anyone who wanted to pay the price a chance. The tires company didn't throw away the molds, after all, and the wheel maker certainly wouldn't turn away the business.

As it stands now, you would have to be pretty unhappy to believe that all of these wheel/tire sets are sold in the less than 3 days that this was known to readers of this forum.