PDA

View Full Version : TCU Remap

kilian tuning
May 1st, 2011, 11:21
Hi all,

Ive mentioned my ecu problem before and its going to be reflashed/chipped (i hope by ABT, i think they chipped it and i will suggest they do the reflash costless because it appears to be their fault...i didnt have a answer yet) so i would like to have my TCU remapped too. ive heard good stories about MTM. is that just a standard remap or do they have them in different stages? Is it ECU chipped dependent? Is it best to have the TCU remapped first before chipping my ECU? ive heard its about 100 euros ex shipping...
Whats does the remap exactly do, ive heard it locks up the clutch sooner so theres less slipping etc. does it have a non rev limiter?
Also id like to know where the TCU is located, i know its at the passenger seat area, but has somebody got pics of the location, cos Elsawin hasnt...

4everRS
May 1st, 2011, 12:46
its under the passenger footwell. Need to lift the door trim and pry up carpet.

There is only one stage of tcu chip. Mtm has the best feedback. I've has both the APR tcu chip and the MTM. I like the MTM better. Not nessesary to do one before the other. Any order is fine.

kilian tuning
May 11th, 2011, 11:20
ive send my ECU and TCU to Viper Tuning today to sort out the 16985 error and remap the TCU.